1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. TKracer

TKracer Member

Hmm I dont like the new formula cars. No matter the speed you're going you can just yank the wheel fully to the left or right fullspeed at 200-300kmh and the car just kinda slides with grip. Try first corner watkins glens, you just slide you never loose grip and spin out.

This might be the only car I don't enjoy in AMS2, something feels very off.

Anyone got some insight?

Okey the Swift felt a lot better than the Reynard ones. The reynard ones have that weird sticky feeling when giving too much gas in corners, kinda gets floaty midcorner but never looses grip.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The AI give no quarter, same as that treacherous little ridge on the kerbing there at t1.
    Just did a short hop in the DPi, and they flyin'! I've been lucky and had no pile-ups as yet, as the airspace above t1 is more congested than on track.

On a sidenote, heared more complaints of pile-ups in t1. For now, maybe we run a half grid?
    I often do, seems to help a lot.

3. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Does the AI aggression slider work? Doesn't seem to have any effect. Still a track full of Mad Max Verstappens no matter the setting.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TKracer

TKracer Member

I don't want to turn this into some bashing but im just confused about the formula cars overall. All of them have crazy amount of grip in high speed corners and its very hard to loose any grip.

But there is an outlier. The formula trainer. That car is bloody amazing in how it handles, I just dont get how that can be so good and other retro formula cars and the new pack just doesnt feel as good.

I think generally every other prototype and GT car feels great.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

F-Trainer has no aerodynamic downforce (wings), so it drives more like a "normal" road car we are all used to.

For reference, the new F-USA cars that just came out had perhaps the most down force of any race car in history. They could easily "drive on the ceiling" upside down (if such a thing could be arranged) well below their top speeds. Most people will have no conception of what that would feel like...and experiencing it here in AMS 2, right-side-up, is as close as most will ever get.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TKracer

TKracer Member

Food for thought. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You're welcome!

One of the greatest pleasures in AMS for me is to be able to go back to the 1960's F1 cars with no down force and then proceed forward to the ones with laughable wings on little stilts and then on to real aerodynamics all the way through so many steps represented to today with the incredibly efficient designs that have to be limited by the FIA else the cars would go too fast. Being able to feel these differences and explore them in minute detail at a favourite track is truly an enriching experience for a motorsports fan.

As is driving a VW Polo and then jumping in a Camaro SS and then a McLaren F1 to see why one is an econobox and the latter possibly the most amazing road car ever made.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The new Indy cars wet tyre isn't working right in the main release, it is slippery af yet on the soft i can drive pretty well as i would in the dry, the wet on the other hand i am struggling to lap Longbeach about 10+ seconds slower than on the soft on a wet track.
    @CrimsonEminence

On wets first lap after out lap i did 1:20 (wet track on wets)
    First lap after out lap on softs i did 1:12 (wet track on softs)
    and slicks on dry track first laps after out lap was 1:06 (dry track on softs).
    Very rough times on cold tyres. But clearly softs are working to well and wets not well enough.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to add that the default setups for the Formula cars are very forgiving or very user-friendly. If you decrease front and rear wings you can easily change the behaviour of these cars. I love it! With every click you can feel a change when you go through high speed corners. I haven't been a fan of Formula cars in general but since the most recent updates of AMS 2 I really like to smash them around Monza (new or 1991) or Watkins Glen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TKracer

TKracer Member

Thanks will have to try that!

11. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

I need to say something. I really appericiate this update. The physics side really feels better than before but if we talk about the ai side... I am not at all satisfied with the current situation. I'v been trying the game for a while. But i cannot fun racing against ai, because theye are doing too much unexpexted moving. Most of the time they are acting like you are not there and really fast accelerating almost every corner exit. The ai side makes me feel like ai of AC. I do not dare to overtake most of the time because of possibility their acting like i'm not here. If i talk about MP side... I've tried a crowded MP race tonight. And i drove a slow motion car the entire race. I want to play the game but i can't find an activity to enjoy anymore. I used to really have fun playing against AI. After this uptade... I don't. And unfortunately we can't find much variety of races either on the MP side. I hope this MP performance or AI behavior will fix in time. Or both :)

12. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel like AMS2 can now become what we all hoped it would be. Some very significant physics issues have been resolved and now hopefully Reiza can get the tire model to a better place. In general I feel like all of the cars are too forgiving, but the openwheel cars seem to magnify this. I am not one of those guys that think harder = more sim, but at the same time, when I make a mistake I expect to be punished and right now that isn't exactly the case.
    One reason I wouldn't mind a little less forgiveness is to not encourage aggressive driving just because you can. Things are getting better certainly but it is also clear Reiza aren't done because most cars have only 1 dry compound. I have already noticed far less of a violent re-gripping after a slide so I know we will get there. Currently though in a lot of openwheels you have moments where you think "I messed that up and probably should have paid for it"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

hey guys. Slowly everybody should recognise, that this is the 1.3.01 thread und there is already a 1.3.1.0 thread since some days :whistle:;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

why is such a thread not closed by the admins when there is a new one

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Chico_Crimor

Chico_Crimor New Member

Bring back gt3 at 1.3.0.0

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, now I see what you mean, yes there are some instances where the cars react strangely in terms of their physical reaction to a crash. Iracing (which I don't own, but have seen plenty of) seems to handle that best, and has a great looking damage model! Rfactor 2 can be weird especially when a car flips over things can get pretty odd, a bit like AMS2, but unlike AMS2 it has'nt got such a good damage model. Of course the king of them all is BeamNG, but atm thats more of a driving sim than a racing sim. I noticed some of the behavior you mention just today at Watkins Glenn and added it to this video, and for balance have also used some footage of when the damage model and physics work really well. Anyway, is this what you meant?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

this bug is known since pCARS 2 release in 2017.
    SMS never found the reason, or lets say was not able to fix it. So i assume we'll have to wait a bit more until Reiza does that for them ;)

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula_V10 Gen2 is still a Flintstone Car.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I still think that Live For Speed, despite it's limitations in terms of detachable parts, can often produce fairly convincing crash dynamics.
    For example:

(suggest mute on above link) :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I read some time ago, I don't know if it's about PC2 or AMS2, but I think it's the same, that when there is a crash, it's the Physx engine that takes over, all crashes are managed by this engine.
    What bothers me the most is that when I play offline against the AI, there is always lag when there is going to be a crash, even between the AI and I am not involved in the crash.
    The lag happens as if the crash handling by the Physx engine is not instantaneous.
    I have this almost all the time and it's quite annoying.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Agree Agree x 2