1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it better if you simulate a long quali session before starting the race ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are wrong.. Reynard Honda with Zanardi won hands down... Merc won just a couple of races...
    1998 CART FedEx Championship Series - Wikipedia

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Maybe not a very long one, but give them some minutes so that the fastest AIs start ahead of the slowest rather than randomly so that they don't bunch up and start craziness

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

15m qualy, simulated or not. Same thing.
    100, 95, 90, 85 aggression. Same

I can try with ai personality..anyone have one for F-usa?

6. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

I am absolutely loving this sim right now...
    Except since 1.3 I'm having a lot of FPS hiccups in VR. No amount of lowering settings seems to help since GPU and CPU are working at around 70/80%. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bobbie424242

F-USA does not crash for me on Long Beach with these settings: AI 100/50, full grid, 55 mins simulated quali session.

With these settings, they do not crash either on Silvertone 2001 and Kensai (aka NotSuzuka).
    However on Watkins GP they usually crash first turn. A workaround seems to configure the race to use the same car (rather than same class).

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I agree 100%. I have same issues with no changes to my settings

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

All the great improvements aside, I must give a huge thumbs up to the new ai behaviour. Whilst it's still not perfect, right now it's the best ai of all the sims. They're aggressive, yet responsible while still providing a great racing experience. Having said all that, I spent more time online than offline during the last week. Online has mostly been a blast with the expected ****show every now and then. I can't wait for the time that lobbies can properly restrict safety ratings (unfortunately currently there's just not enough A and S drivers to populate a lobby). Great job Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ettore

My bad... Too many subjects crossing each other I guess :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Understandable! Quite a coincidence that they were talking about a 98 season involving a Mercedes, in fairness.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Surely B and C, even D lobbies would be fine, certainly in the meantime. Those will be people who are working their way up and already demonstrating that they can drive quite cleanly. The problem right now is that the vast majority of rated lobbies (that I can see from here in Scotland anyway) are U100, U500 or U1000. Makes me wonder if the jump in online numbers has less to do with MPRS and is actually more because of the good "press" surrounding v1.3.

Granted, we need U lobbies to get up and running, but U100 is basically just an open to all, crashers and blind grandmothers included lobby. If we all wanted MPRS so we could have cleaner races, why aren't we creating D, C, B lobbies? Or even F and E ones in these early stages? I am genuinely confused by this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I mean, there are layers to it. For example, the 98 Porsche had about 4 or 5 tracks where they were competitive in race shape, never in qualifying because their Michelins where inferior to the Bridgestones in qualifying. In Races, they had a faster drop off on tyres, can be seen in the Laguna Seca race where McNish passes Schneider early on and eases away comfortably, but gets overtaken again by the end of the stint. That also meant Porsche had to change tyres for every stint, Mercedes could double stint the tyres.

Also, the 98 Porsche also was a lot faster than the Mclaren which ingame is in between the Porsche and the Merc. So I don't think the devs tried to emulate the real performance anyway, they just have a BoP (for AI at least) that isn't very balanced, as the actual performance if you drive them yourself is very close between the Porsche and the Merc with McLaren being a bit weaker. So this is mostly an AI issue.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Have you changed your 'render frames ahead' settings to 2 or 3? if not, try it.

15. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

This is so weird - my VR is running amazingly. I even put shadows on high at dawn and dusk. Have you updated with the minor post 1.3 patch?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. All my issues were fixed with a restart

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

I will give this a try.

I checked earlier and was having big drops with GPU at 65% and CPU at 20%. I'm on latest Nvidia driver.

I've never had any issues with AMS2 in VR so this hurts lol.

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

probably because people want full lobbies before clean lobbies, set your lobby rating to c or above and you cut off a big group of potential opponents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bobbie424242

Public lobbies are horrible right now. Tonight, 5 consecutive races and each time destroyed from behind, usually on race starts or soon after... And if not from behind, collision from massive pile ups in front of you at T1 or T2 as people try to get back on the track. This is horrible.
    This makes AI behave like geniuses.
    Frankly, I wished I could always start in last position to assist to the chaos from afar and attempt to avoid it. Last position is the best position.
    Occasionally there are (mostly) clean and interesting races though, but not tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

Setting it to 2 definitely helped! 3 was a mess lol.

Still not as good as before 1.3 but certainly playable. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1