1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine is in Steam-steamapps-common-MixedRealityVRDriver-resources-settings. Here's my file for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does NIS (Nvidia Image Scaling) work in VR, or is FSR currently the only solution for hardware-accelerated upscaling?

3. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

The latest version of openvr_fsr allows you to select whether to use NIS or FSR for scaling. However this doesn't work with AMS2 yet, need @NuScorpii to work his magic on it. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. doclucio

doclucio New Member

hi, i had some problems in night and rain races on some circuit only, i play with 60hz stable for the eye candies, i run a 3080ti with 10900k, so the night rain problem is due to the headlights?!?i have found that in some circuits everything is ok but in some others is a mess(hockenheim)

5. furfoot

furfoot New Member

Suzuka and Hockenheim basically require twice the GPU power compared to most other tracks, they're unplayable in VR during night and/or rain.

6. Diego Brando

Diego Brando New Member

For some reason i always have to use last known working beta of wmr for ams2. If i update steamvr for wmr to newest beta, then steamvr crashes after i start a race (after loading screen). Does anyone know a solution?

7. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can i push the issue of non adjustable mirrors in VR back up the list.

I really like to be as immersed in VR as possible and dont want floating virtual mirrors in front of me. But the majority of mirrors on AMS2 cars are so far away from where i want them that they a largely unusable. Also, if you move the seat, theres no way to correct the mirror to compensate.
    The ability to adjust mirrors was already coded into PC2, so i'd imagine wouldn't be a huge task to port over? It may seem a trivial matter, but in VR its really important.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

This is quickly becoming a priority at this point. I loved calibrating the mirrors per-car perfectly in PC2. I shouldn't have to lean outside of the car from my seat, just to see behind me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am a G2 user. before I used a oculus rift. Now, every time I am starting AMS2, the oculus app is starting as well. Is that normal and ok or how can I prevent this?

10. Jørgen Pedersen

Jørgen Pedersen New Member

I can`t even get it to run in vr, after i switched from Oculus rift s to Hp Reverb G2 the game only runs on my screen, sound is in my headset i have no problems with other games.
    Pc specs Ryzen 7 3800 x, MB Asus Tuf Gaming X570- Plus, Rtx 2070 8Gb, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz ram, 850 Watt Psu, 1Tb NVMe , About 8 TB SSD and Win 10 pro

11. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta New Member

Here are my priorities for VR:
    * Reduce FPS drop associated with night/rain. While i understand there will be a drop its currently a bit excessive (>30% FPS drop).
    * Adjusting mirrors

For the rest its pretty good, VR is the main reason I play AMS2. What is the end verdict on FSR? Do most people use it or is it better to just lower the steam SS a bit to get the 90Hz? For me thr weakest point of the image is the fuzzyness of the cars further up the road but that may just be reverb G2 lens limitation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FSR only makes things look worse for me. On a Reverb G2 at least.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta New Member

Its interesting how this stuff (and DLSS) doesnt really work for VR (see also the recent ACC update)....

14. Tuborg

Tuborg New Member

FSR works excellent in AC with G2!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Can we also talk about the driver’s modelled legs? I type this in this thread, as it’s another thing(like mirror calibration & steering animations) that you only truly appreciate when in VR.

In most cars, the(your) legs are either fully stretched out with knees not bent at all(seemingly merged into the seat), or they’re not bent enough. They look a bit too skinny and weedy also.
    In open-wheelers especially, the knees should be much more bent and higher up towards the back of the cockpit displays(dials), etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

for me i can't seem to get FPSVR to show up in AMS2
    it works with the other sims but not in AMS2
    am i supposed to do something particular in order to get the widget running ?

17. Cellinsky

Cellinsky New Member

After the last update, VR is no longer working for me. It used to be very smooth. Now I can only here the sound in my headset. The sim starts in 2d, even if I choose VR-mode. Pimax 8kx and steamvr. Thanks for looking in this.

18. Jørgen Pedersen

Jørgen Pedersen New Member

I have exactly the same issue, but it seems that no one have any solution, i posted a message in here but got no reply`s

19. BumbleBee_VR

BumbleBee_VR Legend AMS2 Club Member

If I select Oculus and -oculus in steam it still tries to run SteamVR and goes flat screen mode only. But if I start AMS2 from SteamVR environment is seems to run ok

20. Cellinsky

Cellinsky New Member

Indeed it works when staring the game through SteamVR Environment. Paralell projection does not however. I have to shutdown ams and steamvr and start ams via pitool (starts also steamVR again). Then it magically works. Its ok as workaround for now.
    Thanks to BumleBee_VR for pointing that out. Hope Reiza can solve it in one of the next updates.