1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RWB Copa Petronas De Marcas League

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Rodders, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

Following on from the success of our trial league, RWB are now taking signups for a full AMS league - 8 weeks of the Copa Petronas De Marcas starting on 26th November.

There are 24 unique car and driver combinations in the De Marcas and initially you will have to pick a unique car and driver on the sign up form - there is a link on it to see what's already taken - first come first served.

You can sign up here -
    RWB AMS League Sign-Up

Please read the instructions at the top of the form as sign up is slightly more complex than expected.

Each manufacturer becomes a team so there will be 6 teams of 4 (or maybe more - see below) drivers.

If more than 24 people sign up, rather than turn people away, we will assign the extra drivers to one of the teams and they will have to use the same car as someone else. It will be left up to the teams to sort this out themselves. What this means is that there needs to be coordination on pit stops for those drivers sharing the same car/driver combo.

The track list in order of running is………………….

Putnam No Chicane
    Buenos Aires No12
    Nurburgring
    Montreal
    Road Atlanta
    Monza
    Goiania
    Bathhurst

The league will run for 4 weeks from Saturday 26th Nov, breaking for Christmas to return on 7th January for another 4 week run.

Saturdays
    9:30pm (UK) start
    15 Minutes Qualy
    5 Mins warmup
    Laps variable - race will last about an hour

The scoring system has still to be decided and will be announced once we know how many people are signed up (16 so far). There will be a drivers championship and a team championship cup up for grabs.

Hope to see you there and sign ups close on 23rd Nov.

Cheers.

2. Rodders

I'll provide links to the versions of the mod tracks we are running soon but they should all be the most current version available.

3. Rodders

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. Rodders

We've spun up a 2nd RWB server - RWB Racing UK 2 - which will be running our next league race permanently at any point in time.

Also linked up to LiveResults now so you can see if you are on pace for the races - LiveResults

5. Rodders

League details up here along with the points system - League Details

30 people signed up and 4 places left.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rodders

Hi,

Sign-ups are now closed for the league. 31 people are signed up so it's gonna be a busy grid on Saturday!

Qualifying starts at 9:30pm and there will be a pre-league brief at 9:15pm on our Discord server for any questions you might have and to cover a few things. If you haven't already please connect to our discord server here. You don't need to speak but it's highly recommended you join and can hear what's being said.

We will be racing on RWB Racing UK 2. The server should be running a practice session for an hour or so before the race which will lead into qualy. This should be the case every week and RWB Racing UK 2 runs 24x7 with the next league track so you can visit it anytime for practice and to compare your lap times using LiveResults.

You can find what car/driver you and everyone else is driving along with who your teammates are on the AMS League tab of the RWB website here. This is also where all the results for the league will be recorded along with the driver and team championship tables - see the tabs along the bottom of the page. I'd encourage teammates to use the Team rooms on Discord to share setups and discuss pit strategy (some of you will be sharing pit boxes).

Please note that qualifying is 15 minutes but you will only be allowed up to 5 laps. This is to help keep the track less congested during qualifying. It translates into 3 recorded flying laps and we will welcome feedback on how it works in the first race and can tweak accordingly. Keep a very close eye on how many laps the game says you've done as if you go over the allowance you get DQ'd from qualy and lose all your laps!

Any questions, please just get in touch with me here, on the RWB Website or jump on our Discord server.

Best of luck to everyone!
    Rodders.

7. Riverside

Riverside New Member

@Rodders , are you going to take wildcards? just joined and found you guys, would like to race if there are no-shows; let me know. Thks!

8. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rodders, I need to drop out of this league because I realized that I won't be consistently available on Saturdays for the next few weeks (for example, I won't be available this Saturday). So Riverside can take my place.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Join up, and participate on practices, usually theres always someone who is not able to participate, and we encourage people too sub for those. I'm one of those that cant join every race, so feel free to sub for me when I'm not there, just make sure you communicate through our discord or website that youre available and want to sub.

Regards RWB Audi

• Like Like x 1
  10. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

By the way, we did a little test race on tuesday, with 13-15 guys on track, and man, is this gonna be an intense and fun league, literally buzzing.... :)

11. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please consider at least turning up to the races you're available. The way the points are being handled means a no-show will not be to the team's detriment but any points you can score could be invaluable come the end of the season.

Even if you can only make 2-3 races that's one more car on the grid for those events adding to the unpredictability. With 2 free spaces already, excluding no-shows, you'd also not be depriving anyone of their chance to race by turning up, either.

12. Rodders

That's fine Riverside. There are spaces left so just let me know what manufaturer you'd like to drive. You can choose any bar the Honda and Toyota. PM me on the RWB forum would be best ;)

13. Rodders

NPs Koba - you can either keep your place and try to get a sub or drop it and pop on to sub for others when you can race. Let me know ;)

14. Rodders

The team score is calculated by the total team score for that race divided by the number of members in that team so no team gets an advantage if a driver is missing ;)

I appreciate people will miss races as life gets in the way but it is best you drop your spot and be available as a sub if you know you can't make at least half of them.

Cheers.

15. Rodders

I just realised I used far too many winking smiley's there :D

16. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To clarify is it the number of team members per race or the total number of registered team members e.g if Honda scores 60 points combined but only 3 cars show is it 60/3(race participents)=20pts or 60/6(team total)=10pts.

I'm assuming it's the former and it's why I said "The way the points are being handled means a no-show will not be to the team's detriment".

I respect if you'd rather people drop to sub if they can't make most of the races but if actual attendance is similar to the Boxer league (30 registered, ~21 per race) Riverside would be getting a race regardless of whether Koba is a registered driver or a sub.

Bigger grid sizes = healthier competition = better racing , IMO. So regardless of what team people are on I'd like to encourage drivers like Koba to turn up if they've got the chance; especially as we know he's a solid, safe driver. No pressure if life gets in the way, though.

17. Rodders

It's the former Hash - it's calculated per race based on how many actually race in a team so keeps it fair ;)

The biggest grids are obviously the best but I'd say if people think they will miss more than half the races it might be worth just subbing for people as we do need subs too. There are a few spare places so I don't mind regardless.

I'm hoping attendance will be a bit higher than the trial league.

18. Koba

Koba Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can make some of the races, so I'll show up when I can.

19. Rodders

OK - unless we get a last minute influx of people wanting a place, I'll leave your one intact and when you make it along you can decide if you want to sub for someone or race for yourself?

20. Riverside

Riverside New Member

Can I please have the password for server sent to me via RWB site so I can practice? I am there also as Riverside; can also send via Steam to this profile... Steam Community :: Riverside

Thanks in advance, Cheers.