1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Are the wheel bump-stops working (Lock to lock)? The overall range and the bump-stop range need to not be the same, or the servo won't hit the software defined bump-stops.

2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Marc, you have a csw 2.5, correct? What settings are you running? I've spent a large time away from AMS 2 and I'm completely at sea with my settings, it doesn't feel right at all at the moment, I recall there being a lot more straight-line road detail, now my wheel is pretty silent on the straights.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Pascal Villemin

Pascal Villemin New Member

When i set it to 1080 and calibrate ingame, the Wheel turns way to less, and is not synchronous to the wheel in the cockpit ->car turns barely

Not sure if i understand it correctly but in Raceroom i just set it to 1080 and the game handles all of the bumpstop settings itself. If i set the wheel range to lets say 270° in Simucube Config Tool and the Lock-To-Lock bump stops to 270° aswell, it works and is synchron but the bumpstops feels unnatural and the wheel is shaking like crazy when i hit them. If i set the lock to lock to lets say 250° then, its a hard stop and all good like you expect, but i have lesser turning angle this way.

Just frustrating...

4. Pascal Villemin

Pascal Villemin New Member

Nevermind, just recalibrated (this time correctly...) and now it works.
    The 2nd Step wasnt clear to me, i had the wheel turned to 90° from where i was (from the 1st Step), not to absolute 90° counting from the Center (0°) of the wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations
    Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

My hardware is in my signature (please add yours!).

If you have tried the advice in these two similar posts and are still lost, then reply with your current settings and I am sure one of us here can advise what might help.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

7. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

I just tried it but I don't feel a difference. Do you?

8. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, should have my simagic alpha mini arriving this week or early next week, anybody have some good settings for it?, Cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dan Elyard

Dan Elyard New Member

Hi guys I’m having quite a hard time getting to grips with the new FFB after the 1.3 update. I’ve been trying and testing since the night they updated and have honestly got nowhere at all. It feels great on default before but now I’m lost for words, it just feels terrible. I’m having to guess what the car is doing as I don’t feel it. If I increase gain it’s like having square wheels, I feel absolutely nothing in the centre just a huge ffb deadzone, LFB feels really bad if I use that like a big clunk in the centre. I’ve tried playing around with dampers both in game and on the wheel.
    I don’t want to give up on this as AMS2 is my main sim and I just joined a good league which I like.

My current setting are:

My wheel:
    Sen - auto
    FF - 100
    drl - 0
    FEI - 70
    For - 100
    SPr - 100
    dPr - 100

I am honestly so lost with this right now what have they done?

any help would be so appreciated
    Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I’ve reverted to a custom file now but a few days ago on my CSW 2.5, with Default +, I was running gain 55, low force boost 1 or 2, fx 20 ish, and damper 30. Did you delete the tuning setups folder after the 1.3 release, yes? Also in your fanatec settings, I’d turn Spring and Damper to zero. Not sure if it actually makes a difference but that’s what I was running. I have Drift at -1 and FEI at 60 as well.

11. Dan Elyard

Dan Elyard New Member

thanks for your
    Thanks for your reply, I did a full reinstall of the game in the end just to be sure, I deleted everything first. I’ll have a go with the settings you mentioned, I was using a custom file for a long time but recently gone back and tried default again hoping it would be better and to my surprise it felt really good, so much so I stayed with it. Would you mind sharing which file you are using and settings please looks like I might be going back for a while.

12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Sure. I’ll not be at my pc to check until tomorrow evening but I’m now using a very gently modified version of a mid level wheel base rFuktor file (4.4 I think) - basically just slightly upped scrub, tear and kerb feel and otherwise left alone. I was enjoying the Default+ settings I mentioned, but found it lacked scrub feel for my tastes, and would sometimes induce quite sharp jolts over kerbs, with no scope to adjust those parameters.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  13. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Check out the simagic discord channel - you'll find some suggestions in there to get you started.

14. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Great thank you.

15. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Does anyone have any decent Setting for Ts Pc Racer .Be nice when they bring out Wheel Setting for each wheel .Thankyou

16. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

17. Brett Laurent

Brett Laurent New Member

Thankyou will try it out

18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm of the opinion that the ambiguous calibration instructions confuse a sizeable minority of people when setting up their wheel. Incorrect wheel calibration ruins any racing sim. I've been asking Reiza for a year and a half to clarify the process. The resultant certainty in wheel settings would benefit devs and users alike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi all,
    due to some requests I have created a quick tutorial how to set up a G920 optimized for use with Automobilista 2 and the new FFB+

I know, a G920 is not really a racing beast like a DD wheel, but configured in the right way it can give you a lot of racing fun and good feeling for the track and car.

Because I know many people using this wheel as an affordable entry device for sim racing, I thought it might be useful for some group members here too.

You can find the video in the forum here :
    Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

• Like Like x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since the latest update of the game, I often have a FFB loss during driving. Observed that by using following wheels: Thrustmaster T 300, Thrustmaster TS-XW and even with a Fanatec Podium 1 wheel when playing on a friend's PC.
    All over sudden, the FFB is completely gone. The wheels are not overheating or damaged and it does not occur in other games. This problem had been there in early builds of the game, then did not happen for a long time. Since latest update, it is back again.

Edit: After restarting game, FFB works again.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021