1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free camera movement

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Andy Sperber, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Hi!

AMS2 is getting better and better, YT-Sim-Racer loving it more and more (even Jardier loves the GT1 and that was before 1.3!!). We already knew that AMS2 would get that good at one point and that is just the beginning (MP-Ranked will be fleshed out soon, too).

We need as much good footage from the track, especially to move forward on the media front, therefore REIZA should work on a free(flying) cam to have the peace of mind to get goot shoots/videos form the tracks/cars/etc. . ("F7-cam" like in ACC)-
    Also i want to take a fly to certain spots on the track and watch races like IRL. (private fetish ;) ..)

Aaand pls change the behaviour of replays in the near future, we need to jump to every point of the race with one click.

Thank you

Andy

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. lurkusmaximus

lurkusmaximus New Member

I seem to remember a past discussion on Pcars2 about the replay having to start from the beginning and working forward. I think it was because of "live track". The changes to the track as the race progressed were retained as part of the replay. And the only way to ensure that replay had all the factors to replay the race properly, was to start at the front and go forward. You could go forward quickly, as the data could be applied as fast as the computer could process it, but if you jumped to an arbitrary spot, skipping over live track data, you did not have the same track as the race. So that was prevented.

My memory could be faulty, and maybe Reiza has a different approach where only an imperceptible delay while the live track portion of a replay is applied to the point you go to could be implemented. Or maybe I am just totally wrong. Anyway, thought I would share what I remembered, right or wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes i remember reading this also, at least Reiza should mute the sound to eliminate the mozzies and pause the shared memory so buttkickers don't vibrate through the replays

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The game state field of shared memory indicates if the game is currently in replay or not

5. 2ndLastJedi

Sorry, I don't understand what you just said.

6. Dave Stephenson

In short it means whatever software is using the shared memory information can know that the game is in a replay and choose to stop updating

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Oh, so simhub can and should be able to shut off in this situation?

8. Dave Stephenson

Yes. There it's also possible to differentiate between in-game replay and one viewed later from the main menu.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

Speaking of the saved replay, how do I save one? It must be something easy I've missed but I wanted to finally save a replay the other day and had no idea how to do it!

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

After a race session, complete or skip your in-lap, then the after-race screen will appear -> there click on watch replay and either the game will autosave the replay (because of a pesky bug, that doesn't want to go away it sometimes randomly autosaves them) or if not, you will find the save replay button on the top lefthand side of the replay UI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Okay thanks, I will have a better look. It isn't really intuitive, I spent a little time looking that day and didn't find it. It shouldn't be hard to find.
    I've not had any replays save by the bug.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do we do this? I would like to be able to not have my shakers banging away in replays too. I use shake-it to power them.

13. 2ndLastJedi

I think Dave Stephenson means it is up to SimHub developers.

Also @Dave Stephenson do you know of and or when we will get more info passed out to the shared memory? It is really important we get much more information for our dashes. We need DRS, lights, ABS levels (activation works atm), TC levels and activation and I'm sure there is more I'm not thinking of atm. But please give us more info and info on when we can expect this to con in an update.

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah okay, gotcha

15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As for the skipping to any point in the replays, I wonder if they could make the UI appear to let you choose any point in the race while behind the scenes, it is actually fast-forwarding or rewinding at 5000x. I'm sure there is an upper limit which is different for each user based on their individual PC performance but that would still be an improvement over the current method (meaning clicking any point in the timeline would automatically fast-forward or rewind as fast as your PC can). Set it so that it's only activated when clicking the line and nothing in the UI really has to change from what's there now.