1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

1995-1998 feels too close a gap initially, but I guess the same could be said of the Formula Classic Gen 1 & Gen 2.

Personally, I would've preferred something like 1989-90 for the F-USA Gen 1.

2. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Michigan would be amazing!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Ooh yes a Lola T9000 would be awesome with a stick shift! But I'm sure the T9500 and 95i will be great fun too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No fix for the Reynard mirror?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Give it more time... the car is way better than before. It punishes you more for overdriving and is more responsible for throttle. Gave it some laps at Nords and can't say how much more rewarding it is.

Need to fix the left mirror pq parece que deixei no estacionamento e o manobrista me devolveu com ele virado pro chão rs.

Other thing: The Formula V10 is stalling when I stop it in first gear (old issue). Thing is, I have no clutch here.

Abração!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Is it just me or are the F-USA cars now not as stuck to the road ? Im missing that lovely bite that made the cars so much fun around Cleveland. It feels like I have to wait longer to get on the throttle going through the fast corners and that satisfying bite of the tyres is kinda gone?

7. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To the people complaining the CARTs are (or were) too easy to drive:

IDK, man. None of these onboards (and there are others out there) seem to portrait cars that are "alive". Quite the contrary: the cars seem very tame, understeery as hell, with that weird long gearing and not at all difficult to control on the throttle out of the turns... I'm yet to test today's release so no feedback on how they handle as of right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Teams (in all series) deploy a lot of money, time and staff expertise to get their race cars to this "safe" state. We would in the sim world, too, if we had to pay for damage to the equipment or suffer personal "damage" from trying to drive a too-twitchy car on the limit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh....yes, sorry, the rear middle engine.... oh my god, I was wrong, terrible:(.
    And the side engines are smaller than at the DC-10 / MD-11 (which had winglets, DC-10 didn't have that);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I think sometimes there is some confusion about what type of challenges are offered by different cars - "difficult" and "challenging" can mean many things, in the case of these 1990s Champ Cars they were very physical cars - 770kg, 900hp, big slicks, tons of downforce, no power steering, they demanded care with cold tires and with traction out of slow corners, but at speed they were more like muscling a missile around corners and not ill-handling at all - in fact the venturi-based aero and the fact they were designed to handle everything from street courses to super-speedways meant they were indeed front-limited, much more consistent and less twitchy aero-wise than the F1 cars of the same era - those with their grooved tires, narrow track, diffuser were seriously pitch-sensitive and more challenging to extract a decent lap time from.

EB made some good points about car coming back from some fairly steep angles and not feeling cold tires much in the first release, and both aero drop-off with yaw and the tires operating window have since been adjusted. Some further room for improvement there still as there always is, but it would be a mistake comparing it to the rF / AMS1 mods (which I developed the physics for) as the credible point of reference - the struggle there was always to make the tires responsive without making them too twitchy, and that balance there was never quite reached. The cars as they are in AMS2 are already substantially better overall.

• Informative Informative x 37
    • Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 7
  11. Jugulador

Only if you are slooooowwwww lol

Look how much micro-correction this lads did on their wheels.

It's not an easy car in RL.

But the car is much better now (I don't know what you done).

Before this update I didn't loose my car's rear not even once... and I tried to agro the aero balance to the front, mess with very stiff torsion bar, overtoedout the rear tires. But now, even with default setup (that fells like the same numbers in these mentioned sets) I loosed my rear a fell times. It's different now... much more alive and logical. And the differential is responding way better (I also tried to change it in a lot of ways and simply couldn't fell response to my throttle. Even if you didn't change it, now it's better.

PS: Please, do something to the Formula V10 (G1.. can't remember if G2 is the same) clutch for us people with old Drive Force GTs.

Abração!

12. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

I want a massive Copa Uno Baloon at Cleveland!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Neither is it a death trap.

Read the changelog!

I can tell you by data, that the diff is responding in the same way like before the update. Again: not everything is diff related.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Agreed... Feels mahusively better than before, nimbler, more responsive and thus more fun!
    I don't know what that was with the tires, but yeah, that weird, endless understeer that refused to re-grip seems to be gone.
    And consequently, racing the AI was a vastly, vastly better experience this time 'round.
    After the release of the RSR '74, I'm also more aware of the honeymoon period where I just need a day or 2 with a car, and must accept that not everything is strap-in-and-on-the-pace-in-two-laps...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a timeline when Elkhart Lake will arrive?

16. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Ha! Don't worry man, I was being pedantic for fun, and I'm a big 727 nut! I completely agree they should add a 727 parked on the Runway past T3 (Do you hear us Reiza, pretty please!)

It's fairly easy to confuse because FedEx ran 727s And DC-10s/MD-11s - They still fly MD-11s and retired the 727s in 2013. The MD-11 (basically a slightly larger, modernized DC-10 from 1991 on) has two underwing engines and a tail-mounted engine. You can differentiate from the DC-10 because the MD-11 had winglets at the end of the wings, and from the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar, whose rear engine was in the back of the fuselage and the intake was on an s-duct, much like the 727 had.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Took the Lola around the ring and it felt fantastic! I really like the changes to the HUD as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jugulador

"Death Trap" and "F-Zero" are not the only options here, just saying.

Changelogs are very generic (as they should be).

Mind about sharing this data?

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And neither fits the CART '98, just saying.

Tires, Aero, final gears. That's it. Basically the most affecting things. (Because the diff is working, there is nothing more to it after the 1.3 fix, which completely addressed the issues it had)

It's basically rear wheelspeed and slip graphs...They're responding when changing ramp angles clutches and preload appropriately now and did before 1.3.1.1, not much to see there really except always the similar stuff.
    Basically stuff like this: And it was always looking that way (after 1.3 fix of course but always for CART).
    reynardhondainter.png

If you want to measure it by yourself in the future though, i can recommend "Second Monitor" or the "Ikorein" telemetry tool for quick use. Latter a bit harder to set up, but it delivers real time telemetry graphs, second monitor is better with completed laps and has other features to it in addition, than "just" telemetry. There is also a payed solution (RST Racing Sim Tools) with very in depth readouts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankyou! Any chance that you can now remove this tyre wear / temp info from the minimal speedo widget? I thought the point of this widget was to simply represent things (speed, revs, fuel) the driver should be able to know by looking around the cockpit.

• Agree Agree x 2