1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. AJ Weber

AJ Weber New Member

Our league likes small gaps between classes (such as V10 gen 1&2) to use as a sort of BoP for our mix of drivers. We sometimes use tires via honor system too, such as PC2's F-Renault 3.5 Slicks vs Comps, but on a more open server, close classes are better for that. So I kinda like 95/98/00 being close. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I'm genuinely curious, but how to licenses work for street circuits. Lets suppose Reiza wanted to add Vancouver to the game (a street course unused since 2004). Is that just fair game, or do they need to pay the City of Vancouver?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

interested in this as i also have an RTX2070 and rift s but recently my performance has dipped. could you help with in game settings and do you use nvidia control panel at all if its an nvidia card you have

thanks in advance
    baz

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. jhunt21

jhunt21 New Member

All of the updates have been wonderful, but I think the biggest thing that needs to be addressed is the correct driver position for all cars. I have an super ultrawide screen (g9) and to drive the gt3 Mcclaren it has me sitting in the middle of the car almost the passenger side. Being able to adjust driver position ie Camera for proper optics is a must. Please fix this. As important as it is for POV to be correct, I would think this would be priority #1.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I keep on trying more cars to try and get a broader perspective of the sim. All Formula Classic cars have been a bit of hit and miss depending of the model, and the Lotus 79 still seems to be too effective in aero and brakes, thing has lots of top speed, brakes in a blink of an eye and turns fast. If the former two traits could be tweaked, this car could be even better!

The M1 Procar is fun, but has quite an unruly character that pendulums a lot between understeer and oversteer, and a couple tweaks on the setup don't solve it easily. Either it's a car with a narrow window, or something is off on it.

Finally gave the Stock Car 99 a go, and found it fun, although a bit more planted than expected. Maybe it's just how those cars were, but it left me pondering, and remembered a conversation between a veteran and an up and coming racer entering the big national touring car series, coming from junior open wheelers. The veteran had gone the same way like 15 years before. The conversation was something like this

- What's the difference between racing formulas and touring cars?
    - It's like this: do you like driving racecars?
    - Yes.
    - Do you like drinking tea?
    - Yes.
    - Cool, on a touring car you can do both.

Now, I don't want to disrespect touring cars with what I just said (not my words!), but overall it feels like touring cars on this game so far are not as lively, the FFB not as telling of what the car is doing, as with most open wheelers. And kinda goes in hand with what those professional drivers had to say about both kinds of racecars. It would point to the philosophy of how this title is built to point on a certain direction, and it's not a bad one IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

Sure:
    MSI Dragon Center: Scenario - Extreme Performance; Gaming Mode - OFF
    MSI Afterburner:
    upload_2021-12-10_18-31-43.png
    NVidia Manage 3D:
    upload_2021-12-10_18-33-28.png
    upload_2021-12-10_18-33-35.png
    upload_2021-12-10_18-33-41.png
    In game (tricky to screenshot this with headset lol but from memory) - I have the screen set at 1080 30Hz, v-sync off, post-processing on (bloom, flare etc all on except vignette), Anisotropic x4 I think; MSAA High; (no other AA); render 2 frames ahead I think; graphics on high or ultra to taste (muck around to see what you get); enhanced mirrors on, shadows high - try ultra too; detailed grass off; in the VR Performance I set supersampling to 1.0 (I think this is key).

I don't use Oculus Tray tool; do run the game in oculus mode and on the RiftS have the graphics settings to on - you know where it says it will handle the quality / AA etc.

So what I end up with isn't going to win points for sharpness, but avoids all but a bit of shadow and nighttime highlights aliasing, looks great and runs smooth as you like.

Ryzen 5 3600x and 16GB 3200 Ram.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. AJ Weber

AJ Weber New Member

Al Unser's last race (I think) was in a Lola T93/00, not much different than a Lola T95/00.

9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats a very good question, because SMS made a version of the Miami circuit in Shift 2. I doubt it was identical to the real IMSA track, but it definitely caught the spirit of a street race in Miami

10. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't see in this graphs the R and L rear tires being discriminated. Care to explain it?

11. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Bottom two graphs. Green is left, red is right
    Easy to see, says do in the legend

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Cleveland's props in-game (airplanes, fences, textures) reminds me we are missing so badly MENDING track and variants!!!

Ps: ...would be a great track for the demo too due the different layouts and no licenses costs...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Hmm that might add more fuel to my 'will we see Miami Bicentennial' in AMS 2' conspiracy theory!

That circuit was basically the Bicentennial & Bayfront circuits combined. Great fun.

I'm a street circuit fan, so a few more in the sim would be welcomed by me, especially for wrestling the F-USA around!

14. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on how they did it for Monaco... my guess is there's ways around it.

15. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thanks for this. I will try this tomorrow

Thanks again

16. Dylan Hale

Can someone explain how time progression works in season mode? Let's say I setup a 100 lap at 5x time progression. If I then select to do 33% of that 100 lap race, does the time progression adjust accordingly so you end the race at the same time, or is it still just 5x?

17. Dylan Hale

They also had all the scenery assets to do Monaco thanks to Pcars 2 so I assume it was a Eazyish carry over. (Easier than a track that has never been done in a modern sim anyway)

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, good luck recreating a street circuit like Vancouver (or any other one in a major downtown area) where vast numbers of buildings and other scenery elements (including roads, overpasses, transt lines, etc.) have to be built from scratch.

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not from the scratch, but still a load of work, certainly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I think in a lot of cases more 'generic assets can be created' and many will not care too much! With cities like Vancouver and Toronto it can be difficult as the skylines have changed DRAMATICALLY since the 90s. Perhaps Toronto is easier as the skyline is quite a distance away, even if some high-rise condos have since decorated Lakeshore Blvd.