1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hello there, @Nolive721 ! That is correct, yes. My previous wheel was indeed the TS-PC Racer. Sadly I don't recall anymore which custom file, the in-game FFB settings and Thrustmaster Control Panel settings I used to have with that wheelbase.

You can use my in-game settings as a baseline, they're propably not too far off suitable for your wheelbase. In Thrustmaster Control Panel I'd start with the default settings and maybe adjust only the overall gain slider to your liking.

2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thank you @tUMi

that means you moved away from this wheel now and your custom FFB applies to a different wheel?

3. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Well, I think Kuku's Delta-X V3 Tune file applies to TS-PC Racer as well as any other belt driven wheelbase. I suggest you test it for yourself, that's the only way to know for sure.

Unfortunetaly I cannot recall which Silver Raw file was the last one I used with TS-PC Racer before I moved on to SC2 Sport. It definitely wasn't the rFuktor 4.6 I last tested with TS-PC, that's for sure (the file Kuku's modification is based on).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thought i`d drop my latest tweak of Kuku`s Delta S file becaue I like it so much..
    The forces in slow corners are increased and ramp up more at speed if you like that kind of thing.
    It`s for my csw2.5 but may work well for other wheelbases.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  5. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hey Kuku,

i hope you are doing well!
    Are you sure the .zip file in your singnature contains the latest stuff?
    Latest Version you postet here was "Delta S ( Aplha Delta ).zip"

>>and the most recent Delta S mix and of course a up to date base rfuktor 4.6 .
    I can't find a delta S mix in this .zip..Also i can't find a up to date base rfuktor 4.6 in this .zip.

Best regards,
    Manuel

6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

oh I see, it hasn’t included the separate zip inside the zip :eek:
    I will reconfigure it this morning.
    Cheers for letting me know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kuku Maddog

@nabelo

Link fixed to all in one Zip file and also added Vivian's ,(oops i mean @Alegunner68 ) :p Tune as a recommendation for Belt wheels.
    It defiantly help confirm what I thought might be best changes for Belt wheels. :cool:

But I also reckon @tUMi will like it , as its got that heavy set feel like V3 but with more detail.
    So its not constrained to Belts only .

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Thank you, Kuku, for uploading your latest file, I will definitely give it a go tomorrow on Saturday and let you know how it works for me. :)

9. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

So... as I promised yesterday, I did some testing today on Laguna Seca/Jerez Moto/Nordschleife with GTE/GT1 (Corvette C8R/911 RSR/McLaren F1 GTR) cars and tried out every Delta S tune included in @Kuku Maddog 's rFuktor 4.6 Delta archive except the one for the low end wheels.

I got to admit that Kuku was right from the beginning, he really seems knows exactly what kind of FFB I like (thanks for the hint, by the way). :) My favourite Delta S tune from the archive is definitely @Alegunner68 's tweak, it really stands out from the rest of the tunes. When comparing this tune to the other Delta S tunes included in the archive it's easy to tell that the FFB in slow corners has been noticeably increased and the FFB also ramps up more while gaining speed. Thanks to these changes, correcting oversteer feels easy and natural with this tune. Even though this Delta-S tune is originally designed to work with the belt driven wheelbases, it feels incredibly well balanced with my DD wheelbase (SC2 Sport), the FFB feels so alive in both corners and in straight line without wheel center being too heavy or too light.

The other Delta-S tunes included in Kuku's archive (Primary & Alt scrub + low smoothed Primary scrub, can't comment the low end wheel tune) felt way too light and vague for me. The people who prefer lighter FFB may like them but they were not my cup of tea.

Alegunner's tweaked Delta S tune retains the robust and precise feel of Delta X V3 tune but at the same time it does provide more detail, just as Kuku described it. I love this Delta S tune, it's just incredible!

So big thank you to both Kuku and Alegunner for the effort you have done to make the original rFuktor 4.6 feel supreme! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alegunner68

Thanks for chucking my file in @Kuku Maddog , and glad you like it @tUMi , though there's still room for improvement on slow speed corners I think. It's still lacking some forces.

• Like Like x 3
  11. easy81

easy81 Member

Hi...guys where can i find the latest KUkU file?

12. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

there's a link in Kuku's signature. :)

@Alegunner68 great tune Ale, really informative and with a nice weight to it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kuku Maddog

im glad you like it @tUMi

the main thing that gives it more loading and weight is lower values for normal static force reduction.
    This controls the average force of the wheel strength.

most of the files I have just left at original values from 4.6 base tune, but when I was running a lower powered belt wheel I used to find that this was to light too, I found that it’s better at around that 0.05 mark, but anyone could adjust this to there preference between 0.05 and 0.15.
    I also have a suspicion that low powered gear wheels could possibly run almost none and gain a lot more flexibility of in game gain .

Also lowering the Static force timing at the same time is good , so that it makes forces react faster when lowering average force strength is good to keep it from saturating details.

This file set is very easy to tune to preference because the core is solid and consistent being very close to original from Karsten and that was the intention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. RuyGTR

RuyGTR New Member

Inside Kuku's zip file, is there a ffb_custom, suitable for the TMX wheel?

15. Des Bain

Des Bain New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Viv, been running your file this morning whilst driving both the DPI and GT1 Porsche and thoroughly enjoying it... Is there any chance you can post your ingame and Fanalab settings too if possible so that I can get the most out of my CSW2.5v. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alegunner68

In game I'm using 70 10 50 10 but still fiddling.. I don't use fanalab.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  17. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

What about your actual Fanatec wheel settings, though? SPR, Dri, FEI, etc.

18. Alegunner68

I see, sorry! Sen aut, ff 100, dri -2, brf 60, fei 60, for 100, brf 60 everything else off.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

Thank you for posting this file. I use an Accuforce V2 and this is the best custom file I've found so far. A bit more understeer effect in slow and medium-slow corners would be nice, but I don't know if that's possible to adjust.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Try experimenting with the under_steer_scale.