Auto blip feature

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by MaH, Nov 6, 2016.

1. MaH

MaH New Member

Hi guys,

as title says, I have a question about this option. Is auto blip works? I love Ultima GTR (road version) but every time when I shift down there is this strange rear wheel lockup. It's very annoying and i think something is wrong here.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The assist Auto Blip definitily works (at least for other cars).

Maybe it's a especific thing about the Ultima ?
    More experts on the car may help more!

3. MaH

MaH New Member

I would like to thank You, Reiza guys.
    After the last update, autoblip feature works better with Ultima road versions.
    I think we are not there yet, but we are close :) Downshifts still generate small lockups, but its definitely less annoying.
    Hope to see some more tweaks in the future.

4. Spin

Spin Active Member

Is the autoblip / autolift feature in AM literally just the old line from the PLR (or controller file) but placed in-game or is there now more too it now? If it's just an in-game way of adjusting the setting in the controller file (or PLR) then it should only work when auto-clutch is enabled and should work with any car. I'm assuming that's not how it works though since Reiza have made changes to the core-engine...

5. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there's two different things:
    The gaming assistant/help and the feature of the car.
    Some cars have auto-blip (or other things like TC or ABS). You can see on the car selection screen what feature they have.
    It's different from game helps, the one that you configure via the in-game difficulty menu, witch will apply the aids you set regardless of the car you drive.

You can have auto-blip, autoclutch,, ABS, TC for some car even if you never activate them in the driving aids.

6. Spin

Spin Active Member

Thanks...So if a car uses auto-blip, auto-lift, auto-clutch, ABS, or TC from the car itself (not a "helper" aid), will those show up in the garage menu?

The F309 I just used says, during the loading screen, that is has "powershift" (whatever that means). However, in the garage, all I see is "AUTO SHIFT MODE," TRACTION CONTROL," and "ABS" (all set to off with no choice to enable them). It doesn't mention anything regarding auto-blip, auto-lift, nor auto-clutch. How are we supposed to know if the car uses auto-blip and/or auto-lift (not "aids" auto-blip and auto-lift)?

7. Le_Poilu

Le_Poilu Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, there's things you can or cannot manage in the can setup.
    ABS or TC are often settings you can change.

Auto-blip, autoclutch, etc. are not really designed to be changed (you cannot add a clutch pedal on an automatic car ;) ). Theses are intrinsic of the cars, like the engine power, the number of gear, etc..

Then it's pretty easy to check witch car has what.. once you're on track there's no doubt when a car has or not someting like auto-blip, etc..

8. Spin

Spin Active Member

But you can turn on auto clutch in every car in the game if I'm not mistaken so even though you cannot add a clutch pedal you can still turn on auto clutch.

Many people used to drive F1 cars in rFactor 1 with auto-clutch and auto-blip disabled and the car would have no problem slowing down. This is evidence of poor physics and I hope this isn't an issue anymore in AM.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  9. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member