1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. jhunt21

jhunt21 New Member

My post was not about distance fov, but rather it literally being offset so that I am not in the drivers seat camera to start. I guess because of my 32:9 screen it calculates it that way. Some cars are fine, others are offset like I'm sitting on the gear shift or almost in the passenger seat. A moveable camera from the seating position, left, right, up, down is needed. Is there a way to fix this, that I am missing?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. jhunt21

jhunt21 New Member

I want to line up mu steering wheel with my wheel. Cannot do that on some cars

3. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

There is up/dn/fwd/back but not sure about L/R - go into the Key Bindings

4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Speaking of which, having the option to change the position of the onboard cams on the open wheelers would be nice- I have to crank the FOV up pretty high (around 100 or so) to get a realistic onboard with the F-V10 for instance

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

It was in single player. I am not kidding lol. As I said it doesn`t matter as I will buy anyway but is defo still there for me in single player

6. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I thought this too. I put it down to me getting used to the car and track. But some cars this happens, some, it doesn’t. Doesn’t make sense.

7. yuriasd

yuriasd New Member

Any news about December Dev Update!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

the calm before the storm

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20211213_145437.jpg

FIA Brazilian F4 championship apparently just got announced IRL. I guess the idea is to allow Brazilian junior formula drivers to make their way up the ladder without having to move to Europe as early.

You know what would be a good way to celebrate this, Reiza. :rolleyes:

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  10. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

please Reiza as much as I love the CARTS and the V10s, I need a modern 6 speed formula car!! the f309 is outdated

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

F4 would nice, F4 & F2 would be even better.
    The F3 & F1s we have in the game are nice but I've always said that I think a F2/GP2/Formula Renault type of car would be nice to fill the gap between F3 & F1.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think one little neat improvement to the MP experience would be to broadcast the "switching between sessions" state of the server, preferably with a countdown, if possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I don't know if what you are describing relates to my experience, but in several online races I was caught at the starting lights just after finished a qualy session, without any aparent contdown or warning, so I was not be able to fill the tank for the race duration, wasting a pole position.

Another race, I were adjusting my VR headset just after the qualy session, and get caught again at the starting lights. I was a stationary chicane of course, ruining my own and others race :-(

I don't know exactly what I have to do to avoid this, but I expect a contdown and/or a "Go" button to press at least.

15. sgsfabiano

Nope, that is not what I meant.

What you are referring to is actually an option made by the host. He can choose to skip the 2 min countdown and go straight to the race after the previous session.

What I mean is when people join a lobby that is transitioning between sessions (say Practice to Qualifying), that person is stuck with a blue 'Racing' signal and the 'Join' button disabled. Most people end up leaving the lobby believing they cannot join the server, but it is just the session transition happening.

If instead of the blue 'Racing' signal people were presented with something like 'Next session starts in 1 min', the message would be clearer.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I came back from the wilderness once I saw that the Cart Extreme mod had been brought over to AMS 2! Oh. My. I recorded my first go out in these cars, the further I went into the race, the further I realised you can get away with many shenanigans! Please, please Reiza, leave the physics! Brilliant fun.

• Like Like x 4
  17. sgsfabiano

Hm, yet another small MP QoL would be displaying if there are AI drivers in the server or not in the server list. Like what we had in AMS 1: 5[8]/20, which reads 5 human drivers, 8 AI drivers, 20 grid slots.

AI offline is not very realistic, but somewhat raceable. AI online is not only not realistic but almost always unraceable due to lag I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Ok, thanks. Yes, that has a lot of sense.

19. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I was going to post this too. An important video because for those who awaited to see the turning of the tide...well, this is what that looks like. The Steam Charts page also shows that peak numbers on a daily basis haven't fallen below 400 for weeks. The player numbers graph since the 28th November says it all. It's still not good enough yet of course, not by a long chalk, but first things first: Get rF2 in the rear view mirror ASAP :D

• Like Like x 4
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I didn't understand the FOV thing in the game settings, does it affect VR headset if I changed the number? I was wondering what it was for since VR already got its own FOV.