1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

In VR I think it uses the world scale settings or so. Better contact someone who has VR.

2. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Other sims have had that, so, yeah.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Just a quick one, is there a patch due for the FPS rate on a lot of the latest tracks?
    Seem to be only getting low 60s compared to around 200 everywhere else.
    Long Beach
    Laguna
    Watkins Glen
    Are the main issue for me, doesn't seem to matter if i turn settings up to max or min.
    Just wondering if the y are due to be optimised, thanks.

4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Strange.... No issues here at those tracks. 80 fps in VR with barely ever a skip or stutter...
    Only dusk/night messes up the works for me, but the lighting situation leaves something to be desired anyway, so I avoid.
    Those the only 3 tracks that give you trouble? A 60/70% reduction in frames between tracks is not supposed to happen, all else being equal.

5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can actually back him up on this. All the racing USA tracks seem to be a little less optimized although they are getting better. I used to not be able to run 32 cars at Daytona period, now I can although I do get frame drops on a fast day night cycle.

Watkins Glen seems to be especially taxing for some reason, which is odd since it doesn't have much in regards to buildings and or other light sources. I'm sure it will get optimized overtime like everything else.

6. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yeah I'm not sure on the issue, seems a lot more relevant in TT, seems better in single player or online, but a reduction in FPS is very noticeable for me.
    Might just be me but say Donnington runs at 200fps most on ultra a few high settings shadows etc, Watkins in TT 62ish fps, around 90 online.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

How about posting your system specs in the avatar,so we all can see.:whistle:

8. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Never had any issues before the last update, Ryzen 5600, GeForce RTX 3070,16GB Ram
    Works great on everything else, might need a Re-install job.
    Anyone else checked in TT mode to see if the Fps drops off on Watkins Glenn, Laguna, Longbeach etc.

9. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Same issue here. On other tracks as well, especially Nordschleife. Time Trial mode only. i7, 6900xt, 32GB.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Yeah but what is the hertz of the monitor? Are you caping it below what it’s capable of ? 200 is unnecessary.

11. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

My monitor runs at 240hz refresh.
    Look i'm not getting into some crap tech of whos got what, i'm just curious about why some tracks run at 200fps and others struggle to hit 65fps.
    For me running between 150-200fps is bang on, i like the smoothness and also when i'm online with 30 others drivers it tends to stay above 100fps which is where i want to be.
    Plus most settings are maxed out anyway, say on ACC which is not very optimised, i would rather drop the graphics in the favour of framerate any day on a racing game.

12. Dady Cairo

60 fps @ 1080p v-sync on and here you go on a big TV.(like mine)
    As KuKu said,more is completly unnecessary for a smooth no tearing gameplay.
    Fps should match refresh rate.Maybe 120 hz is what your system is capable of.

13. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried it last night. I've got an FPS limit of 120 set in NVIDIA Control Panel. In a practice session in the rain at Watkins I get a steady 120. In time trial at Watkins I get fluctuations of 105 - 111 and sometimes big stutters at the entry of turn 5. GPU usage is under 70 percent in time trial.

14. Dady Cairo

Optimisations and GFX upgrade to Watkins Glen will come with the X-Mas update.
    (and it's looking fine...)

• Like Like x 4
  15. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Stop with that teasing of the Xmas update, I want it more now!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had it in Nurburgring GP, but in a couple specific corners, in TT and only in those corners, but every single drive I went through them. It's strange, because I never remember to have had something like this before, but I'm not sure if it's connected to your issue. In Watkins that I also tried, it seemed fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If there is a clear distinction in FPS between TT and regular play that multiple users can confirm (with track, car, time of day, weather, etc.) details matching, then please report. Original frame rate is not as important as the difference, so no need to concern ourselves with which hardware is at play. With no AI, TT should be better frame rates, so if it's the opposite, there is something amiss.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My bug report from 29th Nov 2021

Build: v1.3
    Track: Kyalami Historic
    Car: VW TSI Cup - both
    Applicable setting: TT
    Report: FPS 60. Same combo in practice FPS 100. Same track in TT with other cars FPS 100

19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So... Road America, possibly Historic Spa and or Nurb, 1 Aston Martin, 2.5 Lamborghinis, 3 Nissans, 1995 and 2000's CART cars, optimizations, and maybe public online ranked racing, right?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Source on the Lamborghinis? I don't rememeber hearing anything said about the license to them being acquired