1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mapping 7 way switches

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TSP, Dec 15, 2021.

1. TSP

TSP New Member

Is mapping 7 way switches (funky switch) not possible in Madness Engine games? I have an Apex Black Box Mini that has two 7 way switches on it. I can only map the push button and rotary commands but not up/dwn/L/R commands. I get the typical “Multiple Inputs Were Detected. No Action Was Assigned” message when attempting. I can unplug every input device and I still get that message.

It’s really frustrating at this point. Been trying after every update since the game came out of EA. It works in all other titles with the exception of PC2. I apologize if this has already been answered on the forums. Thank you

2. Duncan Halliday

Duncan Halliday New Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes the way these switches work is to have two inputs for the directional movement (to save on wiring). I don't know if that's the case with the one you have. Other games seem to cope with that but AMS2 doesn't.

You could try using something like Joy2key or xpadder to map them to keyboard inputs?

I ended up mapping all my controls in xpadder because I got so frustrated with issues in the AMS2 controller mapping screen, plus the irritating 6 wheel limit.

3. TSP

TSP New Member

Thank you for replying. I’ve been thinking about trying some mapping software but I’m not sure it would be worth the hassle? I don’t know much about software like that but I do know I don’t wanna have to launch more software to race. I’m already launching Steam, AMS2, TrueDrive, Motion software, WMR/SteamVR, Crew Chief and SimVibe.

4. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe you can set up crew chief to launch additional programs when starting a game