1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Does anyone have any more information on the scheduled races?

I would really love something, if not like iRacing, like the rFactor 2 competition system but using the player rankings.

The open lobbies don’t really utilise the ranking system and so there’s not much good racing happening. And for me, I can’t commit to scheduled private leagues.

I’m to broke for iRacing and the AMS2 content is better but it’s just… the racers on AMS2 aren’t racers ):

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i found that when running a lobby with minimum D or even C safety license you get good racing most of the time, most lobbies are running low safety requirements, which means practically anyone can get in

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Congratz mate!
    You should try Karsten's last ffb custom file (v5.0x) and give some feedback, it feels awesome in my CSL DD but I'm curious how that lil beast perfoms in geared wheel bases.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, everyone eating soup with a fork eventually gets fed up pretty quickly!! :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, today had some great racing with a lobby of C1350 with GT1 and GT3 cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Problem is that I’m from Australia and there’s always only public lobbies with low rankings. Never see anything over F1000

Edit: is simracingsystem highly active for ams2?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  7. Roy Niessink

Have you tried setting up your own lobby with a higher requirement?

Well, i dont think simracingsystem is very active, if i am correct they havent done ams2 races in a while now

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder when the last update for the year is going to drop? Any clues?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's an official IndyCar game that will come out in 2023, so it's unlikely that the current car would get officially licensed in something like AMS2. In fact, this might explain why the Penske CART cars from 20 years ago - owned by the guy who currently owns the IndyCar series - are missing from the Racing USA pack.

10. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Motorsport marketing is a strange place. It's like they've ignored the changing world and just kept making the same deals they always did and then wonder why viewership is going down? At least F1 got the right idea with their Netflix show and streaming service which has tons of historic content (and the official game is popular and not bad either).

There's no reason why licenses have to be exclusive for everyone to benefit. AMS2 isn't taking away from F1 2021 (or Indy 2023) because it has the car and some of the same tracks. The fully licensed games offer the experience and atmosphere of the specific series which appeals to the majority of fans. Games like AMS2, etc. provide a better driving experience and for the more serious players, the actual driving is the rewarding experience (at the expense of atmosphere). It's a win-win scenario.

Take CART for example. I had heard of it but never paid much attention to it (maybe the movie Driven gave me the wrong impression of the series lol) but after this DLC came out I was genuinely surprised by all the positive feedback and out of curiosity I watched a race from '98...and then another and another.

Yet...Indy doesn't have a streaming service offering everything they've ever recorded. Why not? This seems like it should be priority #1 for every racing series with a history of more than 20 years (BTCC, I'm looking at you). There are vaults filled with old content. That content needs to be digitized, upscaled, whatever, and shown to as many people as possible. That will get more people in seats. Games like AMS2 are perfect for that.

I feel like of all series, the Japanese Super GT (and JGTC before it) squandered their chance to have a truly international appeal. As it stands, I think they're now (by far) the fastest non-open wheel racecars on the planet that nobody knows about. I think only the LMP1 Toyotas were faster, so it will be interesting to compare laptimes when the hypercars get to Fuji...seriously though, an entire generation knows the Pennzoil Skyline, Calsonic Skyline, Raybrig NSX, Tom's Supra, etc. from the GT series.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Now all we need is a generation that knows the Shell Cruze, Castrol Omega, Copersucar Fittipaldi, etc. from the Reiza games: I know I'm definetely one of them

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree I am getting sick of getting rammed from behind in the first corner and being put out of the race. Too many times now. Every time I go up a safety level I get rammed and go backwards. There are no higher level servers during Aussie evenings. Very frustrating

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roy Niessink

Luckily its easy to create your own lobby on ams2, maybe call it aussie racing or something, to try and get more people in

14. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

Super GT Cars would be great. Class 1 like the 2019-2020 DTMs. My favourite Cars in Raceroom.

• Like Like x 4
  15. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

ah man, I wish :/ every time I create my own lobby, I spend more time waiting for enough people to join than actually racing

which is why I think scheduled races would be a nice feature but oh well, I trust Reiza knows what to do

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

but we don’t have many Japanese or German tracks to actually simulate the series ): the dream would be a Class 1 DLC, but that’s obviously just a dream

• Like Like x 3
  17. Roy Niessink

Which car and track are you setting for the first race?

I found that gt1's at monza or spa are usually what gets people in, but im on european nights, so that will make a difference

18. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Might give it a try. Hopefully we will get some racers

19. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I find that if you actually start your session without waiting, others will join, especially now that the player counts are higher. (In early UK evening certainly). People seem less likely to join a session that is just sitting in the lobby, unless it's run by a host they like.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I found that the magical number is 5 people in your server. Once you get that amount of drivers, the server starts flooding in fast(er).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2