1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

I’ve only tried 5.0.2, might give 5.0.1 a try tomorrow and see how it compares.

There’s no way I can let go of the wheel when up to speed as it is right now. I wouldn’t be able to catch it again without serious risk of injury.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

No oscillation here at all. In fact, I can't even induce it if I try. :cool:

I use Friction at 8% / no Damping in TrueDrive with rFuktor 5.0.2.
    AMS2-ffb: Almost no LFB (1%) / Damping 50%

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

See attached video just crawling along in the super v8 - this happens regardless of damper settings in game or wheel software (this video was taken with both @ 100).

Attached Files:

4. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Updated with missing info: This video was Default/Default+, so my comment was void

Best,

-K

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg
    I’ve finally figured it out, the scrub and tear feeling was giving me grief, basically it felt like I was on flat tyres with flat spots every turn.
    it was the tear effect, but it’s coming through my wheel too prominently.
    But I found how to fix it.

The tear_threshold_scale 0.1

increasing this solves the issue (0.5) , so I see how that works now :D

it moves the feeling of the tear extreme towards the tyre grip limit. So the higher the threshold the more you have to be murdering the tyre before it simulates the torture of the tyre. ;)

This file is pure genius, ( 5.0.2) and I think that’s the only adjustment I need , apart from I’ve lowered centering to 0.52 , and added a little smoothing to m_front_load_norm

The way the steering and balance feels with this version is actually changing some of my least liked cars into a joy to drive. :cool:

Kudos team.
    We can probably just just delete all other tunes now, clear the thread, start a new fresh custom ffb thread.:whistle:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Cedric33

Cedric33 New Member

Hello ! I'm using a SC2 Sport. I have Rfuktor 5.0.1. Are the settings in True Drive are goods ? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In game for example for the BMW 2002 Gain 60 / LFB 20 / FX 30 / DAMPING 15
    Thanks for your comments:)

7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Your settings in True Drive are looking good to me, I'm using similar settings in there as well.

You may need to change your in-game FFB settings for some cars as your Gain and LFB values you are using for BMW 2002 seem quite high. They may work well for very low downforce cars like the BMW 2002 (I haven't tested that car by myself) but for very high downforce cars like Formula 1 using the Gain and LFB that high may give you, shall I say... quite intense moments. :)

I also recommend you to download the latest 5.0.2 version from the first page of this thread (in second post).

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Great info Kuku, thank you!

I was wondering myself if we should not change (smooth FL_load_norm 0.01) and (smooth FR_load_norm 0.01) to something very slightly higher. I might just adjust it to 0.015 or 0.02, but I don't have the testing time right now..

Reg. the change to 0.5 it is too late for me, as the tear happens earlier, as I see it, but which car was this? Maybe what is playing us a trick is the way smoothing filtering and the hardware specs reg. slew rate and precision on various DD wheel bases.
    Do you know if your base up-samples the ffb signal? or if playing with the base's smoothing filter might help?

Best,

-K

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Based on feedback from @Kuku Maddog,

* Smoothed the load very slightly.
    * Adjusted tear/slip a little as well.

Not as much as you'd like @Kuku Maddog, but I think we will need slight variations for both taste and wheel bases.

This version can be easily skipped, I'm just having a little time off fun.

5.0.4 attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  10. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To clarify - I only get those oscillations using the Default or Default+ FFB, not with anything derived from your rFuktor files. It's not a problem - I'm very happy with your latest custom file - I was just responding to the previous poster.

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey MickT,

I had no idea Default or Default+ would ever do that, so I assumed it was rFuktor :)

12. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Ok, so I just finished a session with the 5.0.4 and the Mclaren f1 GT1 on Nordschleife, truly AMAZING! I fell like it’s much easier to know where the limit is, and aldo I imagine I get a bit less feeling of just ”skidding around” in fast corners that I have experienced before.

I do get quite heavy oscillations on the back straight in full speed for example, but it’s not a huge issue when actually holding ok to the wheel. As pointed out earlier in this thread.

I run these settings in AMS atm eith the Simucube 2 Pro.
    Gain: 34
    LFB: 11
    FX: 30
    Damping ”Power steering”: 20

I set the Mclaren to 80% gain.

Just wanted to share my impressions. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Mit der Fanatec dd1 unbedingt die Datei 5.01 nehmen. 5.02, 5.03, 5,04 verursacht Schwingungen durch das Dämpfen. Mit 5.01 ist es perfekt ohne Schwingungen
    Gewinn: 60
    LFB: 0
    FX: 30
    Dämpfung: 0
    Dämpfung im Fanalab einstellen. Geschwindikeits-Dämpfung 100-300km/h ca.50%

Datei 5.01:
    Zentrierung:. 0.5
    Bordsteine: Anpassen zu viele Schläge

Fanatec dd1:
    Gewinn: 50-70 je nach Auto
    Dämpfung: 10-30 je nach Auto

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

I haven’t had a chance to try 5.0.4 yet, but the the Bmw M1 pro car was quite noticeable for it.
    I think it will be a case of bigger profile tyres or ones with softer sidewalls might show it up more perhaps.

my wheel software is quite rudimentary and doesn’t have many of the options you have.
    What’s impressive about this file is it can be run without in wheel damper and friction effects boosted, as the file takes care of it.
    Other things I have noticed is I prefer the front drive torque steer feel to be much lower, as it interferes on the wheel pull a little too much with the likes of the Jcw mini etc.
    plus I do notice a slight notch around centre, at times , but reinstalling centre relax wasn’t really the best feeling.

alao the on/off throttle feel that gives a slight gear shift feel can be a little off putting when shifting gear under steering load. Because it momentarily kills the overall resistance or steering pull.
    So I prefer slightly lower values for that too.

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Thanks @Danielkart ,

I you want to try the others, the damping is set at 30% in the file, in this line:
    (damping 0.3)

so you can change that to:

(damping 0.0)

and the other files should feel the same when it comes to damping as v 5.0.1 with damping slider at 0.

Best,

-K

16. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Are you kidding? I'm keeping this beauty.
    Just tested the 5.0.4 and from my end (CSL DD) I find it even better than 5.0.2. Tried a race with some H pattern gearbox cars like German Group, BMW M1, Lancer, Porsche and Copa Classics at Spa and the slip effect is great! going full throttle at Pouhon/Double Gauche is pure adrenaline! Thank you guys for improving this file you are truly adding value to our wheel bases that did'nt cost little.

EDIT: typo

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm back to Default+. This custom is just too muted for me. I feel the twisting of the car and the load change much better with Default+. Yes with the custom file you feel more of the road but the Default+ tells me more about the condition of the car which is more important to me. I will continue to follow the progress here and am curious what will come.

Fanatec Podium DD1

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hey @WarmRed what's your Fanatec and in-game sttings? just curious.

19. Kuku Maddog

@Karsten Hvidberg

Im sort of heading into the middle between 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 with how im setting up the file.
    ive got the smoothing in a different way, ive always found this takes the sharp point or jolt out of the big bumps.
    and keep flip flopping between Steer Pull configuration , but think this is more forgiving this way, but also a little less direct ..
    I prefer the feel of the scrub and tear with just the threshold moved.

I can run this with almost no mechanical boosters in software .
    in game im more often running 55, 25, 25,25 sliders

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would you mind posting your Fanatec and In-game settings please?