1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCars2 still more popular!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Supa, Dec 16, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I'd say that I'm excited for this time next year but I feel like that undersells everything that will happen between now and then. Personally, I wasn't interested in CART...and then when it arrived I took them straight to the Nordschleife and loved it. Now I'm waiting for the 2000 season to arrive so I can Joe Tanto it up. I watched a race from '98 on YT and haven't been able to stop, it really was a fantastic series.

I thought gravel was done well in PC2 so I can't wait to see what AMS2 does with it.

2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Not surprised really, while AMS2 is good and I love it, it can still feel like an unfinished product at times. I still find Project Cars 2 to be a hidden gem of a game that impresses me with all the attention to detail. The list of cars and tracks are only beaten by Forza and GT. The weather, the tire model, the physic all feel spot on. Let's not talk about the FFB, haha. But it seems like there are good custom FFB alternatives now.

Given enough time I can see AMS2 ultimately being better than PCars2. Either way we're all blessed to have both games we can enjoy. Here's to hoping for much better multiplayer support in 2021 for AMS2. I believe that will improve the participation numbers online and the replayability of the game.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Have you people tried rallycross? Its superb and dedicated cars FFB is spot on
    Regarding not all cars beig equal in terms of FFB I mean have you seen how many cars are in the Game?

Not to mention the somehow taboo topic of mods because I can tell you there are 3rd party gems out there too

4. TronLi

The summary of this thread makes me think the Adrenaline Pack is going to be a hit...

Really looking forward to the next few development updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Yeah, man... and Forza Horizon 5 is beating AC+ACC+iRacing+RRE+fRactor2+PC2+AMS2

6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Not really a Sim though:rolleyes:

and considering Microsoft marketing power that’s not really a surprise right?

7. TronLi

True. But if it makes anyone feel better it's about equal with F1 2021 on Steam. There are also more people playing last year's F1 2020 than ACC.

Gotta love PC though, so much choice. If you time it right, you can basically get all the popular racing sims for the price of FH5 on console (I paid $15/ea for RF2 and ACC). I know people love to hate on controllers but the Steam Deck is going to be a good opportunity for portable (notice I didn't say mobile) racing games.

8. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

yes I had also bought RF2 for 1200JPY and I was an early backer of ACC so I got the game for 2000JPY at the time 3yrs ago

I think the popularity of F1 2021 might have something to do with the last few weeks of sweet exchanges between a certain Dutch driver and another competitor, Brit this one

I know there is a thread about AMS2 visibility and popularity, that could be this, trying to focus on the F1 circus "replica" with the cars available in the Game

back to OP, I just spent an hour this afternoon on PC2, tweaking a bit further Popsracer Custom FFB latest version, and its been so great honestly to drive and look so great on my Plasma TV

9. nemesis

nemesis Member

I made the transition from pc2 and I’ve never touched it since ams2 was released.
    I played pc2 at a high level and took it seriously however ams2 is without any doubt 10x the game that was

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Not denying what AMS2 has become and i enjoy the game for sure hence why i am here

But the state of AMS2 at launch was nowhere close to what it is today and sorry but for me it was far inferior to my tweaked PC2

11. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

If AMS2 had something like project cars career mode, then AMS2 would be hands down the greatest Sim on the market. Add in the tutorial that GTR2 has. AMS2 would dominate

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I keep both PC2 and 2 installed to check track updates and physics changes in AMS2. I'm suprised just how solid they both feel, but in direct comparison with AMS2, it's like the difference between Forza 7 and rF2 the content in PC2n s still jaw dropping though. Those licences!

13. Nats

Nats Member

I love PCars 1 and 2, best games ever for great close driving and fairly grippy as well so you can drive immediately using the provided setups which is great. Although I remember having to mess with the setups big time in PCars1. I dont think this game has got to the same level of fun as PCars. It may be more realistic but its not as much fun - no career, no decent default setups, less cars and tracks, worse cars (no proper LMP1 or LMP2, no Audi, Ferraris or Lamborghinis), worse tracks (no LeMans, Sugo, Fuji etc), less track decoration.

AMS2 has some advantages in terms of sounds and realistic driving feel, and some differnet tracks and cars but its not really enough to make it more fun imo.

I play AMS2 now more than PCars2 but cant deny I think I had more fun with PCars2 .... I might even go back to PCars2 in a few months as I am starting to get a bit bored with AMS2 tbh.

I am finding as well that with every patch the driving in AMS2 is becoming more demanding and the setups arent providing a suitable driving experience. I notice now the Stock Cars and Ginetta G40s are sliding out at the back for example which they never did before. So yeah AMS2 is getting more difficult to play for casual gamers. Devs should address this as some people just do not want to mess with setups to be able to drive a car.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

it is obvious that the two communities are quite overlapping, as AMS2 should be the answer to some problems of PC2. And indeed it is, between AMS2 (1.3) and stock PC2, AMS2 is much better in terms of driving sensation. The "problem" are the contents (large even in AMS2 but very erratic, that is, it is difficult to reconstruct a championship similar to the real one due to the lack of key circuits / cars) and the fact that PC2 can be modified and some mods manage to effectively hide some bug. The classic case is the loss of feeling in the middle of a slow corner in PC2 (probably due to the problem solved in AMS2 1.3): with the new FFBs this problem is masked and the feeling is almost perfect even in PC2. Thus, people continue to play PC2.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just the heads-up from the Ginetta thread to prevent bad surprises also here.
    v1.3 patch as biggest physics revision of AMS2 required this:

The newer default setups of AMS2 actually aim for more drivability and more critical suspension work and cars will be brought in shape more and more with that philosophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have also tested the G40 in light rain and normal rain, and never lose the rear of the car in any strange way, as you are describing.

The problem is that this "tuning" folder only exists if you have made changes in the configurations, otherwise it does not exist.
    I have seen many people, and myself, get a good feeling by completely deleting the "Automobilista" folder in "Documents".
    This was what we used to do, and it seems that it is still necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1