1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Cedric33

Cedric33 New Member

@tUMi i change to 5.0.3 and my setting for fusca for example LFB 5 / FX 30 / DAMPING 15
    It's so good !
    Thanks so much for your answer :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

This feels wonderful on my CSW 2.5!
    Many thanks!!!

:):):):):)

• Like Like x 1
  3. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

thanks for thisI am using it on G27, great.
    thanks to all for new files. let me try the 5.04 also...

4. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Kuku Maddog thank you for sharing your modified rFuktor 5.0.2 file (KUKU ALPHA MINI SET).

I tried it on my SC2 Sport and it feels absolutely amazing when driving on Nordschleife with McLaren MP4/12! The smoothing on your file feels considerably better than on the original rFuktor 5.0.4, 5.0.2 and 5.0.1 versions I've tested earlier. Naturally this is more of my personal preference than a pure fact, your mileage may vary.

My in-game FFB settings for this file and for the McLaren MP4/12 are listed below:

Gain: 30
    LFB: 5
    FX: 30
    Damping (power steering): 35

For McLaren MP4/12 I have kept the vehicle specific FFB gain at it's default value (100%).

Before testing the file I made a small change in it and set the static damping from 25% to 0% (reason to change the value: personal preference).

Your file makes the track bumps and the sharp points/jolts that comes out from the big bumps much softer than they felt in the original rFuktor 5.0.x versions which I like a lot, especially when driving on a bumpy tracks with a high downforce car like the McLaren MP4/12. The feel of the bumps in the original rFuktor 5.0.x are a bit too sharp for my liking. Also I prefer the feel of the scrub and tear in your file (more subtle than in the original file). So, at least for me and for my wheelbase all the changes you've made to this file definitely feel as a improvement over the original versions.

So this file is definitely my favourite custom FFB file so far which I'm going to keep using until something better comes up. :)

Thanks to your modified file I set a new world record today on Nordschleife with McLaren MP4/12 and not just once, but twice. ;) Below is a link to a screenshot after setting a second world record today.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/j4myk6kvr7...hleife_tumi_world_record_19-12-21_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/285q6wuf1a...hleife_tumi_vs_speedfinn_19-12-21_1.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

5:03 with the 1997 McLaren. The old cars are way too fast I would say.

6. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What di i have to do to feel more centrifucal forces in high speed bends? Atm i cant feel anything.

7. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

5.0.4 is fantastic, I can't say if it's my all time favourite ffb, I haven't driven anything but AMS 2 in a long time, but as far as AMS2 is concerned it is imo as good as its ever felt no question.

At first I wasn't sure about it, but after spending a decent amount of time this evening, dialing in my settings and trying a number of cars it really is 100% "finest quality." It loads up wonderfully, has great detail is super informative everything feels very progressive and drivable, gives you a ton of confidence when trying to push. I had to bump gain quite a bit as I like a good amount of weight to the wheel but on a T300 it's always a compromise, needs a good amount of LFB to get the clunk out of the center of my wheel base and then I have dial high df cars down a good bit to prevent too much clipping in high speed corners, fortunately a CSL DD is on its way really looking forward.

Anyway I'm waffling. This is awesome and I can't wait to try out all the new tunes that will come about with this as the new base to work from. Thank you all very much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey @tUMi,

This is really interesting. Do you think it makes for an improvement to have the later tear effect set in?

Best,

-K

9. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have also used the rFuktor 5.0.x files and I really prefer the feeling of this file and I think it has to do with the scrub and tear tweaks. While using in VR along with my butt kickers everything just seems to line up when it comes to scrub and tear. I hear the tires lightly and if I push a bit more then my front butt kicker starts it's light grip loss feeling and the FFB is right at the same time.

It's highly immersive when you don't have to think about it and everything just lines up.

Then again I've also enjoyed your other tweaked files so thank you for posting this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hey Karsten,

It's too early to tell for sure. So far I have tested Kuku's tweaked file only with one car on a single track and it felt just wonderful. I'm going to test it more later today with GTE/GT1 cars on more flat surface tracks and see how the tweaked file feels on those.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apologies if I’m asking a question that’s already been covered here…

Do the 5.0x files still use the in-game damping setting for power steering effect?

Many thanks in advance.

12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Th first one no, but the last couple do I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

According to @Karsten Hvidberg 5.0.4 is
    identical to 5.0.1 except for a small correction and
    by (re)introducing damping slide as power steering.

This damping effect as power steering can be reverted changing line 68 in 5.0.4 from
    (damping 0.3) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider
    to
    (damping 0.0) #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider

This is what I did in 5.0.4 and it is woking great with my wheel, including
    scrub and tear effect that @Kuku Maddog and others needed to modify.
    Different wheels I know or simplky personal taste.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Please ignore, posted before I searched...

15. Karsten Hvidberg

It depends what version and settings you are using.
    If 5.0.2/5.0.3/5.0.4 then damping slider is "power steering" so maybe use less of that helps?

16. Manolo

Manolo Member

Guys these new files are really nice, i use the 5.0.4 and the force exerted, the weight shifts and the sliding of the car on the corners of the wheels is very credible, consistent and informative, I am fascinated @Karsten Hvidberg . :)

If I really have to find something, on G920 and high value of gain and lfb, I can't balance only the effects or rather now the bumps (micro and large) are very emphasized, which do not reduce as much as desired even if the values are set very low, instead, a little the scrub and more the curbs are overwhelmed by the forces and almost inaudible even if I use high values, does it happen to you too?

These are my current values in this effects, any advise? o_O

(micro_bumps_scale 0.175)
    (micro_bumps_smooth 0.008)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 3.6)
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.03)
    (kerb_bump_scale 3.2)
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.025)
    (large_offroad_bump_scale 0.050)
    (scrub_scale 1.00)
    (scrub_frq_scale 0.50)
    (suspension_scale 1.25)

Thx
    --------------------
    I almost forgot, Stakanov sends you greetings to everyone, no one excluded, he is battered but maybe he'll be back home soon, maybe tomorrow too.
    Good luck ;)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

I really like the fact that bumps are not dramatic in this version....my wrists really dont like big bumps (ie Cleveland 7 in the F-USA) with my DD1 but I do like a heavier feel on cornering hence dont want to reduce overall FFB to the point the cornering is too weak.

I am comparing the 5.0.4 file (which I love apart from dramatic bumps still too much for me) to this to try to see what I should change in the 5.0.4 file but to my simple brain I cant figure out what I need to port over/change to accomplish that in 5.0.4 without changing anything else.

Soo hopefully without sounding demanding... is there an easy way I can accomplish that in the 5.0.4 file ?

Thanks a lot chaps - last few updates have really been fantastic :)

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey SlowBloke,

yes, in 5.0.4 you have these 2 lines:

(FL_load_norm (max 0 (+ FL_load_norm_s (* 0.5 (- (smooth FL_load_norm 0.015) (smooth FL_load_norm 0.3))))))
    (FR_load_norm (max 0 (+ FR_load_norm_s (* 0.5 (- (smooth FR_load_norm 0.015) (smooth FR_load_norm 0.3))))))

you can change the 0.015 value in both lines to something higher. Try:
    and if that is not enough then maybe 0.1 or somewhere in between.
    remember to change in both lines :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to report @Kuku Maddog that your latest iteration 5.0.4 is truly wonderful so far tested. Only tried it with the P3, my preferred choice of test vehicle and I'm not sure how it could get any better or be any more usefully informative. I feel like I can push the car with reckless abandon (almost) and yet know all the time exactly what it is doing and how and never really feel out of control unless I go too far.
    What seems to be most obvious is how everything syncs together and feels totally locked in and solid. Without there being too much force, the subtle information is distinctive and clear and really helps tremendously with control and even more so in building confidence. This is really quite fantastic stuff, thanks to all the contributors. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

I am starting to feel thank you is not enough.... but thank you :):):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1