1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sequential shifting won't turn off with manual H-pattern cars

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by makki3, Dec 9, 2021.

1. makki3

makki3 New Member

So I've just started playing Automobilista 2, and the issue I'm having across all cars that are manual H-pattern is that the flappy paddles on my G29 are still able to shift the gears at any time on the track, even though I have automatic clutch disabled. It's really annoying because I sometimes accidentally shift up or down using the flappy paddles with a H-pattern car with clutch. Is there any way to disable this?

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to the forum, makki3!

There is a workaround: Using different control schemes, where one has mapped the flappy paddles but not the H-pattern gears, and vice versa with the other control scheme. When you switch from driving a car with sequential to one with H-pattern, you switch to using the other control scheme.

See: Options => Controls => Control Scheme => User Control Preset

3. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

I am using that workaround , for now its not possible to change a preset when you are in a lobby.
    Its only possible to change when you use the options menu from the starting screen .
    A bit annoying when you do multiplayer sessions , it works but you always have to return to the starting screen
    2021 12 10 23 42 39 - YouTube

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

or simpliest feature: ignore the shifter that you don't want to not use. Don't touch this :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your suggestion of ignoring the (paddle) shifter doesn't cover situations when the paddle shifter is engaged by accident (maybe while racing intensely?), which the original poster mentioned was a problem:

6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I guess that if you are prone to doing that, it will be a problem in all cars. It's a different issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's easy to mistakenly hit the paddles on the Fanatec BMW wheel, which has large paddles. H-shifter cars shouldn't allow the use of paddles if you have an h-shifter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

If you are in a lobby that uses automatic pit entry/exit and you have forgotten/ignored that your shifter is in first or whatever gear , you then go to the start of the race, what happens?
    Your car stals ( asuming automatic clutch is of), you have 3seconds to get it started witch does not work most times , the chance that someone hits you from behind is pretty big.(happened to me a few times)
    Pressing the cluth from before does not work .
    If you are in gear with the H-shifter you should not be able to shift with the paddles , thats why i am using that workaround.