1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Cars 4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by reptilexcq, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing that would probably worth it for AMS 2 is Live Track 4.0

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And hypothetic raytracing + DLSS.
    And other graphic engine improvements.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

4. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

My gut says now Ian has moved on what was SMS will just be swallowed up / moved to other projects and that Project Cars is dead. Saddens me as I really loved PC1 and PC2 despite the flaws.

Very glad Ian approved Reiza and Madness engine as it really is my spiritual successor to PC2 with much better FFB and 2d trees (was not a fan of the 3d trees in PC2 especially in VR with those plate size leaves). I do miss the content though but ama lso having fun with the Brazilian stuff.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i don't understand the approach.
    AMS2 is based on pCARS2 engine, and there's no sign that it will be enhaced to the pCARS3 engine. So why should there be a chance to get the next gen maybe used in pC4 or whatever it will be called?
    And as someone stated, it would be easy to change just the new engine and keep their FFB & physics? This is nonsens. An engine cannot be exchanged with a few clicks.
    If that would work, ACC would have changed to UE5 to fix many problems from UE4 :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My question is still, is Rieza allowed to use the older version of madness for another game, or would they have to license it again through EA?

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The License Agreement between Reiza and SMS is for the use of the Madness Engine and Livetrack 3.0 engine, used in pCars2, for the creation of Automobilista 2 and nothing but it.

If Reiza wants to create another game with the same engine, yes, they need to re-license it from SMS/Codies/EA.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Why on earth thinking about another AMS Version when developement of AMS2 just begun.....
    REIZA is on the right way now and i think there`s potential for at least 3-4 years further!
    I don`t want a AMS 3 V 0.5 but more a AMS 2 V 5.0 in some years! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. DaWorstPlaya

We don't know the details of the licensing agreement but what you are saying sounds logical. Then again, the licensing agreement might allow Reiza to make as many titles as they want as long as they only use the Madness Engine from PCars2.

10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I am just answering the question before.

11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Hehe, i know. Just quoted you because you´ve been the "nearest" :D

12. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Weirdly enough, the PC2-PC3 outrage feels similar to the DiRT Rally-DiRT 4 shenanigans. Codies billed DiRT 4 as the game that could be as hardcore as DiRT Rally, but be accessible for new players. What they ended up with was a bad handling, boring title with a poorly executed "infinite stage" concept. Say what you will about Codies and their "hit or miss" form with releasing titles, but they at least learned to split the series to appeal to the two communities. DiRT Rally 2.0 became the true successor to DR1, while DiRT 5 is for the casual console warrior who just wants to chill with some cool visuals and easy physics.

If SMS didn't lie about the direction the series was going, there wouldn't have been so much outrage. I would've gladly skipped over a PC Shift and not felt like the series was being betrayed. Imho, PC2 had the potential to have a much longer lifespan than it did. I would've gladly bought more DLC if they would've kept developing the game. Instead, they just dropped some content, a little DLC here, a patch there, then abandoned the community for a quick cash grab. SMS was making the same mistakes Codies regularly does when abandoning games and quickly releasing a new one.

Thankfully it looks like Reiza has a much more long term view with AMS2. The change from the early access version to 1.3.1.1 is insane, and honestly refreshing to see a title get such massive overhauls in the physics department. There's still a long way to go, and I'm excited to see what other content they put out, but I'll take this over the SMS/Codies model any day. At least I feel like Reiza listens somewhat to the community. I may not agree on all the decisions, *cough cough, multiplayer ranking system* but at least they've made changes we've suggested in the forums.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. DaWorstPlaya

True on all points. You can tell by all the hate SMS got on social media. I mean, how hard is it just to be upfront and honest with the community? Reputation matters and owning up to your mistakes matters. If SMS just kept releasing a new Project Cars every 2 year with newer features and fixes the community asked for, they would have gained a larger community and a more loyal fan base. I'm sure people would be happy to buy a new copy of Project Cars every 2 years that introduced new features like DLSS, FSR, SMP, SPS, ray-tracing, mesh shading, etc.

Like wise, Reiza is doing a great job and listening to community feedback and improving AMS2 as they go but they also need to make money while doing it to keep the lights on. One way to do that is by releasing new content as they update the game. My hope is they keep releasing more US track packs in the future. There are so many more amazing tracks out there Sebring, Road Atlanta, etc as they keep updating the game. The more polished the game gets, the more popular the game will become as news spreads via word of mouth. One way to hook a lot more people is by focusing on multiplayer and polishing it as much as possible. I think racing games that have good replayability are the ones that have great/stable multiplayer features.

14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we all do! However, we currently don't know Reiza's plans beyond 2022 so that leads to speculation. The game has been getting better and better and everyone is excited for the next release. When/if a new season pass is mentioned people will probably stop worrying about the next game and its relationship to EA.

Instead this forum will be flooded with even more wishlists lol.

15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Short answer, when Motorsports Games ****s the bed and go belly up, We need to band togeather and make sure Reiza gets the Indycar license.

So no, I don't what another AMS... I want Indycar Racing 3 by Reiza Studios

16. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Motorsports Games hasn't had a great year but they probably aren't going anywhere. Indycar is desperate to emulate F1's recent success so they will probably dump plenty of money into the 2023 game (isn't that when they get the 1000hp engines?). The WRC games were terrible for a long time too and now they are good, just in time to lose the license lol (I'm sure they'll find another series though to continue their progress).

However...their current situation might make them a little more open to additional licensing deals. I think in the Facebook Q&A Renato mentioned Le Mans was prohibitively expensive but that was when their stock price was 10x higher so who knows.

17. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The way I see it PC is never coming back. I'm sorry to think that but it's probably true. PC3 was coming back we were told it will be the best sim yet. Then they double backed releasing an abomination. Talking about nonsensical "spiritual successor" with magic tires and closed off pit lanes. Now with new owners it's even less likely an investment will be made for a relatively unpopular game genre. Ian Bell talks about PC4 and how it will blow 'em all away. Like I said, been said before and it all went to sh.t
    My bet is firmly placed on ACC and OBVIOUSLY AMS2... It's enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Reiza sure earn a lot more by releasing UPDATES and DLCs and that is a very smart PLAN than by releasing a completed game (like PCars2). These guys are fan of the game and want to make sure they created the most realistic simulation racing out there. I have no problem with contents releasing and updating. The problem is the graphics is going to be outdated and not optimized compare to something like UE5...especially when we're talking about VR where optimization is sorely needed to get the most out of FPS by taking advantage of DLSS and other features.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

pCARS2 was not released as complete game. There were 4 DLCs.
    If UE5 is the same beast as UE4, i would not have it in a car game again.
    See ACC. It needed years to get good, you need very highend hardware and in VR its a horror.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I play ACC on 1 screen. My triple screen is a no go as the GFX do need to tone down to much to enjoy the game. VR is a no go for me with ACC. And as I’m used to a triple screen, ACC on a single screen feels like I drive in a tunnel. Black walls on the side and only a small view through the front windshield. That said, the cars and sound are amazing. So once in a while I race a few laps in ACC. Would love to buy the Oulton park track pack etc but I honestly don’t know if I can justify the costs because my main sim racer is AMS2..