1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. vattila

vattila New Member

I have no problem to force AI to pit. That works actually really good!! The AI pits 4 or even 5 times during a 30 min race. The issue is with the AI pit driving line I believe. They either way collides into the wall, or do not recognize the pit line and they do not go to pit lane.

2. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kyalami (or any other)
    Car Used: GT3
    Applicable Settings: Any weather - dedicated server not using any rotation
    Report: Setting the server.cfg file to allow refuelling at pit stops does not work. The setting has to be set manually by the host on the server.
    Steps to reproduce: Set the below in server.cfg, run the server and see that refuelling is not allowed unless changed manually by the host before the session start
    "DisablePitstopRefuelling" : 0,

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

- When setting the race length to "time", you can not even setup a mandatory stop, as the option just is not there if you do not set length to "laps".
    - That's what you wrote today:
    Even with mandatory stops activated, they often just do not give a damn about the rule and do not pit at all.
    I mainly drive with open wheelers, set their management to "0" for a certain class for a test in custom file - no effect. All AI disqualified for not pitting at all.

It is a simple thing: If there is an option like "mandatory stop" in a game, the AI should do a stop, no matter which settings are chosen when it comes to fuel usage/tyre wear/race length. Otherwise, this rule/option is just fake.
    Works perfectly in other games, but not in AMS 2.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  4. Clockmaster77

Clockmaster77 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any

Car Used: Any

Applicable Settings: Any

Report: when starting any session (practice, qualifying, race) the games starts often with no force feedback effects, only gain resistance.

Temporary workaround found: Hitting alt-tab and alt-tab againg with the rotated wheel often resolves the issue, that represents itself often on next sessions

Steps to reproduce: using a Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel USB device, not sure if the problem exists with other old wheels too

My config: an old Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel USB 2.0 device, Ryzen7 3700X, 32Gb RAM, SSD, GTX1070 8Gb VRam, OS Windows 11 Pro 64 bit Version 10.0.22000 build 22000
    Thanks for the assistance

EDIT: Important, now with the release of Automobilista 2 1.3.3.0, the Force Feedback for me works perfectly. Thank You very much!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  5. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona and Nurburgring 24h (not sure it is relevant)
    Car Used: DPi and P1 (Metalmoro)

Applicable Settings: Tyres/Fuel set to accelerated. Pit stop strategy set to only refuel and repair aero and suspension. Race session.

Report: My HUD was showing no damage at all, in wings or suspension, but after refueling I had to wait about 40s for some mysterious repairs. There was some engine wear, but as mentioned, it should not be fixed and was not fixed after the pit stop. Happened twice during the race at Daytona, once at Nurburgring.

Steps to reproduce: Drive in a race with the DPi, pit for fuel using the mentioned settings. It does not happen every time, unfortunately. Maybe it is relevant the fact that I was switching between two pit strategies, one for fuel only, another for full service (fuel+tyres). But the damage repairs were always set the same way.

6. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, why it not possible to had relative timer with front and rear conccurent?

7. J4v1

J4v1 New Member

Version: V1.3.1.1
    Track & Layout Used
    : Nurburgring GP 2020
    Car Used: GT4
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: In last corner, tyres can be drive through

Attached Files:

8. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

My G25 seems to lose everything and won't even respond to throttle or steering input only rebooting the game works for me.

Happening far too often now, the wheel works fine in TT then if I take a look at MP (I don't even have to join) go back to TT and all wheel inputs are gone. 4-5 times today.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Once racing it seems fine.

10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong thread... this is bug reporting. Use feature request or general discussion for questions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Chevette (but applies to others in a smaller degree, like Metalmoro AJR)
    Applicable Settings: damage type = full damage | damage scale = 100%.
    Report: I know the Chevette is tough IRL, but in AMS2 they are something else :D. I can hardly have any damage. Hit another car, nothing happens. Lose it, hit a wall at full speed, get 3% of damage in the front. The suspension seems absolutely unbreakable.

Overall the cars seem to get not enough damage in AMS2, especially when hit each other. If I hit a wall with the AJR, there can be a lot of damage, but if I hit another car, usually there is no penalty, which is not correct.

Steps to reproduce: Drive the Chevette into a wall at a reasonable speed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi everyone, I discovered a bug related to real weather when loading a multiplayer game.

Dropbox - AMS2 BUG WEATHER FOR MULTY.mp4 - Simplify your life

in all practice sessions, qualification, race once the real weather is set and saved once the server is launched, set the weather in 4 sections for each session.

another bug, is in single player or test day I also notice that it often does not allow you to load the real weather, and I don't know why.

thx for development

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In terms of not loading the real weather, try syncing your windows clock, even though that seems to run on time, it might fix your issue, it did for me after a tip here on the forum.

14. John Manetti

my windows clock is always synchronized automatically.

15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

by default windows synchronize time automatically every 7 days,
    To be sure you are in sync you can force it by clicking sync now,

Synctime.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. John Manetti

I've already tried, but I don't have any results, it's an AMS2 bug related to multiplayer, when I try to launch a server Peer To peer

17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Something about adjusting your non-XBox-Controller settings is completely ****ed on this game. Every single time I delete the documents folder, I have to fiddle for several hours until I finally trick the game into not giving me a deadzone every time I want to play, and for it to not rearrange my gearing to "automatic" without my consent.

Annoying as all hell, and in this game since it started.

Since I tried using a Dualshock 5 Controller on Christmas, my Automobilista 2 experience consists of deleting the documents folder over and over again, try a race, pray for it to work, and start anew when it inevitably never does.

EDIT: When I register my pad as a Xbox controller (which it isn't) it works for some reason. But then, when I adjust the controls to my liking, the pre-determined settings for steering somehow disappear and when I manually put them back on, the stupid ****ing deadzone is there again.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  18. BabyLamb

BabyLamb New Member

Track & Layout Used: Seemlingly any track
    Car Used: Porsche 997, McLaren F1 GTR (doesn't matter)
    Applicable Settings: Have tried running avx and non avx exe
    Report: After a few laps both screens go black, sound plays for a few seconds then whole system locks up and I have to hard restart the whole computer.
    Steps to reproduce: Choose a car and track and drive a bit.

Running Windows 11 on an i5 8400, RX 480 (21.12.1 but also happened with earlier driver). I've updated BIOS, enabled SGX (had some SGX errors in event viewer but this didn't seem to fix the problem either), tried other tracks and cars. Not sure where to check for any logs or crash files since I don't get a chance to access any. I've double checked temperatures. stress tested my machine and power supply, no other games have any problems in any way. Nothing shows up in windows event viewer apart from that the system shut down suddenly but no reasons or device crashes.

I play the game with a DS4 controller (I have my reasons) and I've tried with and without. Googled lots and gone through Reddit, Steam and this forum and can't find anyone else with this problem.

19. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Car Used: F USA, Reynard - all.
    Applicable Settings: Cockpit view
    Report: Left hand mirror is pointing down at the ground.
    Steps to reproduce: Choose any Reynard Car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Mandatory pit stops random times! Thanks Reiza for enable mandatory pit stops but AI pit stop times are random.