1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Rygel_6

Rygel_6 Member AMS2 Club Member

Sure, we all eagerly await new content.. Many even jest and and make faux posts about how impatient they are.. But as a whole I think this particular community know your track record and the dedication to the finished article that Reiza represents.

It's all too common nowadays in the 'gaming' world that we're over-promised and under-delivered..

Developers seem to have the wrong idea that we, the consumers, would rather have an imperfect product right now and we don't have the patience to wait..

We're tired of that, and that's why we like and appreciate your continuing development and engagement that many others could learn from.

No apology necessary... We are quite capable of a little patience!

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

thanks for the confirmation :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think the sentiment of "a delayed product is eventually good, a rushed one is forever bad" is something Reiza carries when it comes to content, and honestly having a studio that takes their time and communicates with the playerbase often is a breath of fresh air in a culture where games/their content tend to come out borderline unplayable with the promise of "We'll make it good 3 years after you already paid full price for it!"
    I'd much rather deal with the small blow of having something I want be delayed for some polish than the large blow of getting it now and having to wait for it to become actually enjoyable

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree no apologies necessary. I don't think it's fair to compare a small team with a large developer company. Deadlines can be hit when you pull people from other projects at "crunch time". I see it all the time in my company (not software related), HOWEVER, those other projects that the other people were working on then suffer. In a large company we can absorb this. I'm happy to get the updates and dev notes (even teasers)... of course we will always be impatient, that is human nature, and we're excited (I'm talking to you Road America lol), but I hope this thread doesn't discourage you from doing so in the future. There will always be some that aren't happy no matter what. Keep up the great work, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, take a break and enjoy the holidays with your families!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

For there to be a delay, first you have to be building something.

just like a new major highway, timelines always blow out with big projects, often by a month or two or more on a big 3-4yr estimated completion , But ultimately it’s a small percentage of the of the project duration.

The thing you have to remember is , Reiza are building highways, while most other sims are fixing potholes, and not very quickly either and those potholes are still a bit bumpy. ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Don't apologise Reiza, If you would release the update now and the content isn't polished or is bugged you would receive a bigger and more justifiable critic from a lot more people. (bad publicity)
    I'd rather wait 2-3 more weeks and receive a finished product, then receiving it now and be dissapointed because it's unfinished. Back to AMS2 now I have some practice to do ;) Happy holidays lads

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

I paid for DLC and I have no problem with waiting. There are already many possibilities within AMS2 and I am having a lot of fun.

Bom descanso e Feliz 2022 !!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

a civil war breaks loose before every dev update LOL

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Looking at the weather forecast for Elkhart Lake, WI--looks a little cold for racing there this weekend anyhow.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

This isnt the place. But I think it's a good idea for AMS2 in 2022. It adds challenges and makes the player discover all the facets of the game. It's a question that for me remains strange in CarSim. All Steam games have, even fly simulator lol. Not all of the Steam universe is present in AMS 2, it's a shame because it's a strength. the workshop, badge etc ... It's a post from Renato on AMS1 I think it's a good idea for AMS2 very simple in addition

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. lukester

lukester Trey Ulbraking AMS2 Club Member

"Pole Position King" and "GOAT" might need a tweak though. "Stealin' It" looks perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

We can work 3 day without eating or sleep two day in a row. We can dance till 6 am, and go to work at 7. We can do in 2 days a 7 day job.
    We can take the street against a "Megamineria Project" and sleep on the floor for a week. But Nadavidad y Noche buena days are sacred. Nobody have an end line on holiday.
    We have launch/diner with our family and friend, in the patio, on the beach. Mateamos de lo lindos. Para trabajar siempre hay tiempo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like that :)

14. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

On the other hand, just because there's a forum where people can complain directly to the developers (which is quite a rare facility in and of itself) doesn't mean every thread needs to descend into "I paid money, new content when???".

I'd much rather have something later when it's ready rather than early and undercooked, and given promised content does appear it's not as though we can't trust them to serve it up.

(For some context, constant noise on fora is one reason why developers don't visit those fora - and that counts for FOSS ("unpaid") software too.)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

Something is happening.. and I predict within the next few hours a little package

Nothing wrong with delays. I bought a house to flip and figured about a year. I found Sim Racing and now 10 years have just slipped away... Well the rent is cheap.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

No need to apologize. If you will just fix the ICM strategy menu, I will be a happy man even if you don't release any future contents lol. See this thread: Voice Attack with Crew Chief's voices

17. uelas77

uelas77 Member

Dear Reiza Team, no problem in waitin', take your time. These 2 years of AMS2 development for me have been amazing, and given the incredible amount and quality updates, with almost always a steady pace, the "burn" of the sane curiosity and desire to see what's next is even more neglegible. Takin' then into account the context (since end of 2019) in which you developed and improved, the size of your team, the human factor, the honest and straightforward way you communicate with your audience, that for me is positively rare ... are all elements that makes me so proud of you, first time felt like this about a software developer, I really mean it.

So have a nice rest, and Happy New Year!!!

A big hug
    Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Results Are In, You're Clean
    Finish 1st in an online race over 10laps without making contact

Mr. Safety
    Obtains security license S

100 gold
    Win 100 multiplayer races of at least 20min

Man vs AI
    Win a championship of at least 10 races of 20min with a maximum AI

We can find a lot of them :)

19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I prefer how rFactor 2 handles it achievements. Just some odometer for totall distance driven with all cars totall, etc and other things. I love achievements, but I don't wanna be pingeonholed into getting achievements with stuff I don't like.. Or achievements, like 'Ram all the Reiza staff named-cars'

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 has now been updated to V1.3.2.0 - this update is largely focused on bug fixing & bringing further quality-of-life improvements to the game to wrap up the development in 2021. More to come soon in 2022 - look forward to the upcoming Dev Update for further info!

IMPORTANT: As previously announced, following the extensive physics and setup revisions from recent months the Time Trial boards and its setup database have been reset and are starting fresh as of this update.

V1.3.1.1 -> V1.3.2.0 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added Fanatec CLS DD control sets
    • Fixed view changing to default attached camera instead of last driving view after switching camera on session live timing boards
    • Fixed MP Opponent type spinner allowing wrap and causing class list display issues
    • Fixed missing player avatar image on profile affinity tab
    • Fixed incorrect wheel range for some controllers
    • Rate limited Fanatec rumble motor updates

UI & HUD
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent driver profile details being saved in some instances.
    • Added user option to configure ICM auto-close time (options > gameplay > display > ICM Auto-Close)
    • Replay screen: Allowed info elements to remain visible when controls are hidden and added watched driver overview.
    • Added "Favourite Content" info to Profile screen.
    • Added "Outlap" status to session overview screen.
    • Fixed main menu replays button not opening correct profile tab
    • Fixed incorrect environment info on advanced setup screen
    • Adjusted scaling of weight distribution values
    • Added option to "unready" in pre-race screen
    • Fixed Online Opponent Settings page not showing all set classes
    • Fixed track map overlap on lobby details page

PHYSICS
    • Revised ideal temperature & range for all tires (generally slightly lower ideal temps and wider operating windows for road, vintage & harder semi-pro level slicks & semislicks, higher and narrower on higher top level compounds)
    • Slightly reduced road & vintage tire tread velocity sensitivity
    • Revised tire carcass of F-Classic (all gens), Group C, F-Ultimate
    • Minor tire tread adjustments to Group C cars, F-Classic Gen 1 & 2, Street & Vintage tires
    • Further driveline flex adjustments & added flex to remaining driveline models that still didn´t feature it
    • Revised aero drop-off with yaw angle for all formulas, GTs & Prototypes
    • Minor default setup adjustments to Stock Car 2019, Stock Car 2020/2021, Camaro GT4-R, BMW 2002, Porsche GT1, F-Ultimate, Super V8, Porsche RSR 1974, BMW M4, GTE, GT3, GT4 & Group A cars (setup reset recommended)
    • Porsche Cayman GT4: Corrected weight distribution & adjusted default setup (setup reset recommended)
    • Super V8: adjusted gear ratios
    • Reduced FFB parking force (correcting error that increased the parking forces in a previous build)
    • Fixed incorrectly pre-warmed tires for Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Stock Car 2020 & 2021

AI
    • Fixed AI issue that would result in pit entry/exit overshoots/slides
    • AI in process of retiring before making it to main racing line merge will now do so immediately instead of waiting some time and risking tangling with other AI cars
    • Adjusted AI behaviour if encountering understeer on pit entry
    • Fixed AI sometimes getting stuck on track in reverse gear
    • Revised AI pit entrance speed tweakers

TRACKS
    • Cleveland: More details to the airport buildings, few material fixes for other buildings, added collisions for planes, trackside vehicles and structures that are visible through all the sessions; the cement wall on the exit of T8 has got some rubber battle scars; Adjusted brightness of night lighting
    • Watkins Glen: Added crowds at Turn 10; Terrace, restaurant, few more outside buildings More AIW tweaks (short layout); Rolling start P1 is now on the right hand side added small grandstand before T1, slightly corrected marshall huts; rubber marks on the tirewall at the exit of T9; updated trackside cameras
    • Salvador: Added wall at the monument chicane to avoid AI cars getting stranded on the grass island
    • Distance from start-line from which a track limit infraction would invalidate the following lap is now customized per track
    • Daytona: Moved rolling start location to exit of bus stop chicane, increase gap between grid rows
    • Monza (All layouts): Revised rolling start location; Fixed graphical issue on the tunnel
    • Long Beach: Revised rolling start location and rolling start velocity; Switch P1 to left-hand side
    • Azure 2021: Add some missing flower boxes to runoff at the chicane; Remove some out of place 2d ivy and cleanup the foliage clipping the walls at the hairpin
    • Interlagos Historic: Adjusted AI path for better pit-in behavior; Moved pit guy to minimise clipping into garage wall; Adjusted AI line to reduce corner cuts at Descida do Lago; Smoothed out an abnormal dip on the outer loop junction
    • Interlagos: Adjusted pit lane entrance path
    • Curitiba: Adjusted fastline at Entrada do Miolo / Esse de Baixa; Adjusted corridors; Move rolling start location 250m back before last corner
    • Campo Grande: Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit; Adjusted AI fast line through S1,S2; Improved pit entry path
    • Kyalami: Fixed gap between grass and road ; Fix gravel traps resistance (switch sand to gravel); Corrected 3d crowd LODs
    • Speedland: Added rain blockers to indoor segment
    • Spa-Francorchamps 2020: Added rain blockers to garage building
    • Spielberg: Fix gap in pitlane mesh; Minor LOD fixes & optimization pass
    • Brasilia: Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit
    • Added VR cams to Brasilia, Spielberg Vintage
    • Jacarepagua: Adjusted rolling start locations and speed
    • Jerez: Adjusted AI fat path & Fixed garage depth causing AI to hit wall on pit exit

VEHICLES
    • F-USA: Revised & fixed driver animation issues (all models)
    • Swift 009C: Fixed cockpit windows issue
    • Reynard 98i: Fixed steering rack default position (animation). Fixed tire glitch
    • Formula Classic G3M2: Revised the driver animation, fixed driver head position
    • McLaren 720S GT3 Material: update for liveries #27 #90; New sponsors added for liveries #11 #22 #87
    • Stock Car Omega: Updated windshield textures
    • VW Polo/Virtus: Updated custom materials
    • Formula V10 Gen1: Updated driver animations.
    • Roco: Fixed left tires sidewall issue

• Like Like x 50
    • Winner Winner x 21
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1