1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whoop!

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems to be a couple of issues with this new patch and my fanatec gear. The steering seems very heavy and even sitting in the pits in neutral if I dont keep both hands on the wheel it just wants to oscillate violently. The other, which is actually a game breaker is that I cannot get out of the pits as I can't select a gear. If I go into the controls menu it let's me map the flappy paddles but when in game it just wont select a gear, it stays in neutral. Guess I will have to go back to ACC until this is fixed, hope it won't take too long now that I assume Reiza are back on hols.

3. Wothan

Wothan New Member

No apologies necessary.
    Better wait a few weeks extra in order to get the content at a proper quality, than rushing a release that people then start whining about.
    There is enough content to play with until then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

REIZA,
    thanks for this effort on the last day of the year!
    And a Happy New Year
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Schmelge

Schmelge New Member

* Added Alternative Shift up/Down keymapping

* Added "Last lap/Best lap statistics" like sector time, total laptime, tyre temp and brake temp when going back to pits in practice mode

* Fixed FPS dips when contact with AI happens while playing in VR.

* New sound profile on F3 309 so now it does not sound like a duck repeating it's quacks in the background

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Barry M Johnson

Barry M Johnson New Member

I'm having the same problem with my CSW2.5, the wheel oscillates really violently. I have to escape immediately. Not good, just as I was beginning to enjoy AMS2 after the recent updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Thanks a lot to fix mandatory pitstops. Happy new year Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alias

Alias New Member

I love this game over raceroom and assetto corsa and play it 5 hours a day, you do a great job, last update was on point, but some things start to bug me out:

"Minor default setup adjustments to Stock Car 2019, Stock Car 2020/2021, Camaro GT4-R, BMW 2002, Porsche GT1, F-Ultimate, Super V8, Porsche RSR 1974, BMW M4, GTE, GT3, GT4 & Group A cars (setup reset recommended)"

Why? If you guys change your default setup why do I have to change all my custom setups? I dont understand this! If it is really necessary to change the setups give us some info so we can adapt our setups instead of throwing all these setups away because that was a ton of work, considering you just asked us to delete them in the last update....!

When will time trial be opened again? Put the information on the time trial screen..... like "Due to physics changes time trial boards have been closed and reset, they will be open again in around X weeks"
    I saw people asking if their game is broken because they saw no tt times and times were not saved. Communicate it better, I know it was in the patch notes but keep us up to date (when will they open again?) and many people dont read them and it shoulod just be ingame accessible whats happening.

Also instead of throwing these times away add a version filter to honour all these times instead of kicking them into the trash. That would have solved the leaderboards for any change in the past and also makes them usable in the future for incoming changes. Many of the TT times have been 5 seconds off and completely irrelevant since I started this game half a year ago!!! Just add a filter or a game version to saved laptimes and its fixed and wouldf have been fixed for MONTHS, such an easy fix... How often do you want this to happen again? There will be changes and there will be obsolete leaderboards, do you want to leave the boards at an irrelevant state after your updates or wipe them again? Both are BAD options!
    Everytime you change something the TT boards are irrelevant garbage. Do you want to build a playerbase or do you want a beta status that makes people say "I come back when the game is finished" ?
    I would love to time trial and improve and compare to others but in the past 6 months it was basically limited to the rsr the bmw 2002 and the corvette, I would have loved to race the m1 but I was 10 seconds off the pace of these irrelevant leaderboards....
    Fix TT by version filters or lose out on playerbase or on playerbase growth!
    (I understand locking the boards for a week after an update so the times dont get split in case of hotfixes but if you have a stable release gather save and keep the times...)

Can you please add the patch notes in the steam client it should be widely ascessible information!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

In this case I think they mean reset that particular car to default....not delete tuning setups.
    But I have been wrong once:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

In this case I think it just means you won't get the changed defaults if you don't reset. IMO your custom setups should not be affected if only the default setup changed as opposed to changes in the underlying physics, tires, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Recommended is different from required - unlike the November update, things haven´t changed so fundamentally that you can´t still use your old setups - but you may find developing a new one from the latest baseline more fruitful.

With regards to versioning TT boards, this is the first time we´ve reset the leaderboards since the original release and most likely the last so it doesn´t seem like this would be particularly useful, nor would it be keeping lap times and setups that are no longer relevant to the current version of the game.

The point about having a message up on the boards while the maintenance was in process is a good one tho, we just didn´t expect the boards would be down this long. Naturally we also understand people don´t want to have their efforts tossed away with any regularity in the first place which is why we´ve waited this long to do it - hopefully the one and only time it´s needed.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 5
  13. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello people, can you pls try do a wheel calibration in game?

Shifters are a known issue, still unclear what causes it. Only cure to shifters issue is to use "custom wheel" in game instead of Fanatec...

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please allow all cars to set times on all tracks in time trials. I love throwing that old corvette round speedland and buskerud. But sadly "no leaderboard available for this car and track combination"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. macbtz

macbtz Member

The mandatory pit stops were already good in a single race for some versions, but it is still bad in championship mode since the pit stop window will always open on the last lap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

As boards have been wiped that"s the standard message until sombody sets the first (new) time (as i understand it)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

I may have missed it, but Curvelo Short: the tire wall coming out of the front hairpin can be driven through. There is no collision, no sound.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Ohhh, that's a great one. Hopefully we can adjust this to like 5 minutes, because I always take an eternity to adjust this and it keeps on closing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont mind content being released later, but please fix the double saving of the replays,which is there for a long time, maybe its an idea to have it just overwrite the original file instead of creating a new one if thats an easier fix.

the lefthand mirror on the f-usa reynard is still facing downwards too much, maybe if possible a Rfactor style mirror adjustment option is possible?

The start/finish straight replay camera on Watkins Glen is half blocked by a sign, and on that track, but i noticed it on others as well, the camera's seem to far zoomed in, as much as i like the bloke driving my car, i dont need to see him constantly, i rather see more of the racing action, if a zoom option would be possible for that it would be even better.

i understand there are priorities to be set, and i am not a developer, but things like the mirror dont seem a hard fix to me, but i am probably wrong about that.

one other thing i noticed is on the steam season pass dlc store page, it mentions that the Spa -Franchorchamps Pack is released in December 2020, and includes the 1970,1993 and 2020 version, but the 1970 version is not released until 2022, so you might want to add/edit that text to not misinform/confuse people.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So the shifter issue is only new in this patch? I never had it previous to this.