1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Delete

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are missing the point. Having a 30fps DROP in performance along with the massive stuttering is more important than a few textures being updated, or 3D models added. It goes without saying, everyone loves a detailed track, but striking the balance with visual beauty and FPS is the most important part.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The latest update has really messed up my ffb settings. First I could not get the gears to work in game. I created a new control set as per the advice given, that gave me my gears back but even with a calibration there is still massive oscillation and no real feedback. For some reason the update changed me from default+ to default and the settings are completely different to what I had previously, unfortunately I never took a photo of prior settings to get them back so I am at square 1 with ffb now. I used the fanalab profiles of Maurice from fanatec and the ingame settings I just tried from page 205 on the fanatec thread here they are 60,0,30,0 but the ffb is absolutely dead. Anyone got any good settings? I use the porsche gt3 pbme rim.

4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Use Default+ and possibly increase the damping to reduce the oscillation.

Attached Files:

5. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB feels weird on this release for me. Tried both CSL DD native and CSW2.5 compatibility modes. Both my usual Custom file and Default+ feel kind of mushy. I tried removing and reinstalling Fanatec driver and recalibrated wheel. problem persists.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

have you tried renaming "default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav" to start from scratch?
    Sometimes it helps

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do use default+, will play around with damping, do you know with how much damping you start to lose fidelity?

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure it has much to do with the characteristics of motion hardware in use, just as with common FFB steering systems vs DD-wheels, the level of unintended activity can vary drastically.

With my system (1.5" travel), I worry less about injury than possible damage to the hardware itself but, I can understand safety concerns being expressed with hardware that offers greater travel and speed. It's those unexpected events, (even during UI transitions) that catch us out sometimes, although, mostly just annoying in my case.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

K K K very funny...
    I don't speak English, but I try to express myself within my limitations, but if you're very good, let's use Portuguese, let's see how you do...

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Any amount of in-game damping required to reduce/eliminate oscillation is completely safe from diminishing any needed FFB. Oscillation, assuming it's not some extreme form caused by a glitch, is a clear signal of inadequate in-game damping. Also, the in-game damping is not like wheel/hardware damping (a global dampener that masks other forces). With a DD wheel, some hardware damping is also likely needed (as helpfully shown by @WarmRed above).

It's odd that a bunch of us with Fanatec equipment have experienced no changes, yet another bunch are having things messed-up. Not sure if it is all DD wheels having issues? If so, that might help narrow-down the cause.

11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is also important with Fanatec bases that the PC is booted first before the base is switched on.

12. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How is AMS2 supposed to know what state/condition/position your motion rig is in? Is it not the motion rig that should read the sim telemetry and sync your rig in a reasonable manner?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats true but if the sim does something weird which it does his results might vary. To me it feels like right at the start of a race the rear of the car falls through the track the comes back up. On my setup its a large motion but nothing that would cause injury more annoying.

14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No issues with my CSL DD (still using CSW 2.5 compatibility mode).

15. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do it in reverse. I start my base, then my pc. Either way works fine.

16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Same for Thrustmaster wheels!

17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree to some extent, but in this case, the rig is in neutral position waiting for the telemetry to begin streaming... This massive "kick/surge" only happens in time trials or during a rolling start where each session launches with a car in motion. It should be AMS2 that should be sending a weaker signal at first and allow a transition time vs sending the full signal forcing the rig to move from neutral to an instant acceleration position forcibly jerking the entire rig in the process. I own all the simulators out-there, AMS2 is the only one that has this "bug" where there is no "ramp up" transitioning to a car that is already in motion.

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

This might be the same issue that was mentioned some time ago where especially DD wheels produce a huge force and jerk in a direction when the car goes from automatic to manual control in a rolling start. I think this issue was/is under inestigation.

Until fixed, a workaround for races is to not use automatic rolling starts, but either standing starts or manual rolling starts with a manual warmup lap.

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, would love to see this fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I'm relieved to report that despite having Fanatec (CSWv1 and pedals), my ffb remains as it was prior to latest patch (Which for me is great with default+).

Was a little disappointed the mirrors on the Reynard (Honda?) weren't fixed and would have appreciated some rubber texture on the cleveland track to aid in recognising upcoming turns (just like the real thing) but you can't have everything I guess.

The latest bootfiles for 1.3.2.0 are out (as well as a nice new MOD car ;) ) which drives great.

AMS2 is now my "go to" sim (Used to be rf2). I like ACC but the VR is pretty crap by comparison to AMS2 despite the addition of DLSS (but I still fire it up every now and then).

Now I am hoping for some night time racing performance enhancements and very much looking forward to dirt racing too in my AMS2 future.