1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Havner

Havner Member

None of the bugs I reported here some time ago (simple reproducible stuff, not something subjective) have been fixed in 1.3.2.

Do you guys generally see your reported bugs fixed? I've heard the the bug with ICM -> Race Strategy scrolling is there since a very long time and no one bothers.

Well, I guess I won't be buying Premium Packs just yet :)
    I won't commit to another platform that can't fix simple things. Will see in further patches.

Happy new year!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, some of them, but it can take a while, its a matter of priorities probably, and releasing new free content sometimes seems more important then releasing paid dlc, and fix longtime bugs.

luckily they do actively work on the title and are making steps forward, and knowing reiza they probably will for a long time in the future as well

3. LowBlow

LowBlow New Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa (Top of the list variant)
    Car Used: GT3

Applicable Settings: Multiplayer race 20 laps changing from overcast to rain half way

Report: On Lap 12/20 (with me in first) black screen followed by continuing game sounds for several seconds then crash to desktop. This is the 6th time this happened in the last two days. Have rolled back Nvidia drivers from 497.29 to 496.49 without success.

Steps to reproduce: Drive in multiplayer race with rain.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 Version: 1.3.2
    Report: HUD icons activates when traction control or ABS kicks in, but the car dashboard icon don't.
    Car used: Posche GT4

upload_2021-12-31_19-54-36.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring GP
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: time trial
    Report: game puts the car off the track before giving me control, which compromised my first lap in time trial
    Steps to reproduce: start a lap in time trial at Nurburgring GP, the game puts my car off the track before giving me control. Ideally the game should give me control of the car before the last turn.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Track & Layout Used: Nurburgring 24Hr
    Car Used: Caterham Superlight
    Applicable Settings: Dry, 1 lap, 12pm, 1st July, standing start, back of grid.
    19 A.I @ 110.
    Default+ FFB @ default settings.
    Deleted/reset setups etc as per usual.

Report: After the update. The FFB feels weak and strange, until...I hit another car.
    Almost as though the per car FFB is at ZERO.

Steps to reproduce: Personally, I've been trying to do this race for way too long now, thinking the game/FFB just felt completely different. Horrible in fact. I wondered if it was just me...

I then finally raged and hit an A.I on purpose. The FFB miraculously and instantly became much stronger, and was somewhat back to normal. I say somewhat because it still felt a little strange, almost half reversed.
    I'm still trying to do this race with proper FFB, but I simply can't unless I hit another car, and even that doesn't bring back the FFB half the time, because another issue I've noticed is that cars are 'sometimes' ghosting through each other and I'm 'sort of' hitting them, or am I? Who knows?! :-/

Edit: I'm done trying for now.This is why I gave up attempting...to make videos, every time I fire up the game it feels different and there's a new issue to deal with. It's just a massive frustration.

Edit 2: Also I still! have to calibrate my Logitech pedals every single time I load the game up. Otherwise the brake pedal spikes to 100% when just looking at it, unless I calibrate it 'twice' in a row pressing very hard.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Never fix bro. It's not important to them apparently. They're more obsessed with the mechanic of the cars. I believe this is also the reason why a lot of basic things that game needed right off the bat is not there...such as a career mode, Championship mode and multiplayer mode.

8. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

In formula ultimate at Spielberg sometimes an AI car goes to pitstop at lap 1 also when I don't set mandatory pitstop.
    Mandatory pitstop not working in championship mode.

9. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Duplicate Liveries in Formula Reiza, i know this is a common problem, hopefully it will eventually be sorted, not a game breaker though.
    Sorry forgot to say Quick Race mode
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Without going into details (it’s not my function, job or role to do that) the ICM issues are not being ignored, but with everything it is a matter of priorities and difficulties. The ICM code is rooted deep in the source code and the time needed to change things might end up being very high to change something that while not optimal, is also not unusable.

On another side, the handling side of the game is managed by another dev than the game system code side. The Madness Engine is not a simple engine. While we might not see many additions on the feature front, it doesn’t mean things aren’t being worked on. Priorities versus complexity and balancing coding new features, testing and fixing them means that things advance at an irregular pace. This is an Indy Studio with a small staff. Patience and understanding is required from us. If a player can’t be either, which is understandable, then it’s best to play something else and regularly come back. The game will keep evolving. It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Marg

Marg Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Long Beach
    Car Used: F*USA
    Report: AI car retired with less than 2 laps to go, and was indicated as +2 laps down (that's correct), but... was placed in standings below cars, which finished, but +3...+4 laps down.

Attached Files:

12. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: V1.3.2.1925.AVX
    Track & Layout Used
    : NA
    Car Used: C-3R, Uno Classic B and both TSI Cup VWs
    Applicable Settings: Cockpit Driving View
    Report: There are many cars that don't have all the dash gauges working; examples:
    C-3R; volts gauge and odometer not working
    Uno Classic B; volts, boost and air/fuel gauges not working
    TSI Cup VWs; the Water gauge isn't working properly; it's showing the oil temps instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes! Ive reported issues here that have been patched in the next update. This time round it was the rain in the Spa garages, which has been fixed according to the 1.3.2 patch notes. Not everything is immediately fixed the next day, as there is a long list of bugs to fix, but detailed reporting is a good first step so the devs can replicate the bug.

Dashboard indicators aren’t functional in ams2 for any car in the game in terms of TCS or ABS usage, nor do setting changes indicate themselves on dashes (stuff like changes to TCS, ABS or BB levels). Ik for a fact that it is on the to do list but its not as simple as simply enabling it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Version: V1.3.2.
    Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Applicable Settings: na
    Report: Since latest update the ffb seems to have lost fidelity , seems dull and muddy / lifeless .
    This is regardless of which type of ffb I choose .

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Applicable Settings: na
    Report:Even in Neutral wheel cant be left alone, no matter def def+ or custom ffb. Oscillating at its best, fanatec DD1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have DD2 and have no such issue on any cars. You have to provide your in-game settings and you fanalab settings to see if you have enough natural friction, etc.. check the default Fanalab settings and make sure you have the latest drivers.

upload_2022-1-2_14-25-30.png

upload_2022-1-2_14-25-45.png

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had this issue and was able to fix it by using Maurice's fanalab and recommended in game settings and now FFB is perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used
    : All Kart Tracks
    Car Used: Shifter Kart, 125cc Kart
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start w/ Formation Lap
    Report: Car starts in wrong position, karts are not close to each other or in double file formation, game gives penalty for player being out of position resulting in disqualification. Video available if needed.

19. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used
    Applicable Settings: Heavy Rain Conditions
    Report: AI have more grip than player - balancing needed to ensure AI levels don't need to be constantly adjusted between sessions. Video available if needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NR The-Boss

Track & Layout Used
    Applicable Settings: Dry Conditions Race, 120% AI
    Report: AI are slow compared with player on max difficulty. I was able to go from the back of the grid to the front in three-ish laps on 120. Video available if needed.