1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Slightly off-topic....... Would it not be great if everyone posting here has a signature of their specs, mainly wheel?
    2022 Please update your signatures.

Anyway...Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Minor big fix applied to all archive files, please redownload if you still use them.

Im still really liking rFuktor 5.0.1 , Its so consistent across different cars. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Dear @Kuku Maddog,

I really, truly appreciate it, thank you :):)

Best,

-K

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Hiyall,

I'm back after a break from AMS2 and happy to see Karsten and crew is back with lot's of
    development to complement Reiza's latest excellent physics update. It's feeling really good
    and definitely improvement with the tire physics. I'm stoked Reiza has added Indy
    cars and tracks to the mix with more coming as this has been on my wish list for awhile!

I downloaded and tested all the latest rFuktor 5 versions along with Kuku's mods.
    Some very nice improvements Karsten! My favorite out of them all by far is
    rFuktor 5.0.1 Kuku mod. It has the most direct connected to the car/road feeling
    and is very predictable and consistent. I like to slide on the limit and this makes
    catching oversteer and throttle steering more controlled and better than ever before.
    Kuku's mod removing the power steering has really improved the consistency and
    predictability on different kinds of corners/speeds and has made me rethink the whole
    power steering model. Definitely a big thumbs up to Karsten and Kuku!

Cheers,

Axis

• Like Like x 3
  5. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where can I find this famous 5.01 Kuku mod? Is it the one on page 1?

6. Kuku Maddog

hi Axis

I didn’t mod anything with 5.0.1, when Karsten and co, presented the new rFuktor 5.0 it featured a new old damping as damping, without power steering slider.
    The only change I’ve made is an adjustment for when tear vibrations ramp up.
    And also I had to reduce acceleration feel as it created a bit of a off on torque notch with front wheel drive cars like the jcw mini.
    Otherwise it’s stock standard tune.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah I see, I didn't catch that and thought you had changed the power steering. Definitely a great
    decision for Karsten to offer both steering options! Interesting that it's
    mostly stock tune. Great work Karsten :)

Paddler: Kuku's versions available for download in his profile signature page.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I still like the rFuktor 5.0.1 too, especially your tuned 5.0.1. ;) It's a perfect candidate for those who wants a solid all-rounder file that works really well for all types of cars without adjusting the in-game FFB settings all the time between switching cars.

However, I did some testing today with your rFuktor 4.6-5.0 Delta-S Evo hybrid tune (Primary scrub Plus, to be specific) and I was pleasantly surprised how good it is! Feels very similar to your 5.0.1 tune but with more detail. Your hybrid tune felt really awesome to drive with the Corvette C8R GTE and the McLaren MP4/12. :)

These are my AMS2 in-game FFB settings I used during my test runs. These should work well with pretty much any car in AMS2 with this hybrid file:

Gain: 35
    LFB: 10
    FX: 30
    Damping: 20

In True Drive I didn't change anything, everything is still okay with the TD settings with your hybrid Delta-S Evo tune.

To prove how good your hybrid Delta-S Evo tune really is, I have set a new world record today at Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12 (my first world record after the leaderboard reset). :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/8tv4xxvjrh...schleife_tumi_world_record_01-01-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/iv73rzpp0s..._world_record_01-01-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/rn3pmjtkth...leife_tumi_personal_record_01-01-22.png?raw=1

The leaderboard in AMS2 Time Trial is finally working again after the game update that was released yesterday (V1.3.2.0). Since before Christmas (when the leaderboard was emptied) I've been waiting anxiously to get back to AMS2 Time Trial to set new world record lap times.

Unfortunetaly after the game update all lap times were wiped out from the leaderboard which means that I lost total of eleven (11) world records I was holding before the leaderboard reset took place. :( I was a bit frustrated about the leaderboard reset but that's all in the past now, it was propably a necessary thing to do. I just hope that Reiza won't do another leaderboard reset ever again.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kuku Maddog

Have only just now run some laps post New Year’s Eve update.
    It landed around midnight New Year’s Eve for me and I was way to hung over the next day :D.

I did a full reset of all settings ( docs folder delete) just to be sure, but there’s definitely something not right with the ffb.
    Using my current go to 5.0.1 file, I now get oscillation at low speed as well as high speed, previously it was only a very high speed issue that was fine because I don’t remove hands at high speed, but it’s now a constant theme.
    while at the same time something just feels a little bit mushy or less direct, but I can’t put my finger on it. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

That is odd indeed. As a precaution I did delete only the "tuningsetups" folder inside Documents/Automobilista 2 folder and also I deleted the custom FFB file before running the game after the update was downloaded.

For me after the update everything feels normal regarding the FFB so I'm confused what has happened to your game.

However I did tested your 5.0.1 tune afterwards, before that I drove several laps with your hybrid file (that I'm currently using) which felt great for me from the very beginning. I have to admit that now the 5.0.1 file that I was using before your hybrid file didn't feel as good anymore as it did before the update, it had somewhat heavy or "mushy" feeling. So what I did was to put your hybrid file back in and went to the track and the FFB feels great again.

I'm not sure what's going on here exactly. Is it about just the differences between the 5.0.1 file and the hybrid file or has the latest game update messed the feeling of the 5.0.1 file? Hard to tell really. But your Delta-S Evo hybrid file at least works really well together with the latest game update. :)

11. Kuku Maddog

Have done some more testing, and tried some different files.
    I’m not sure what’s been done, but the FFB is broken for me now.
    Feel disconnected from the steering column, it seems laggy or some strange deadzone affecting feel of car balance .
    I can’t enjoy the game in this state :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I'm wondering now how many people are experiencing the same thing. @Karsten Hvidberg how's the FFB feel to you after the latest V1.3.2.0 game update? As for myself, I cannot complain about the FFB with Kuku's latest hybrid tune (Delta-S Evo).

13. Kuku Maddog

It’s seems to be consistent across what ever file, but pre update I definitely felt like rFuktor 5.0.1 was the best option, it felt really connected and perfectly weighted, and was ultra consistent.

now it’s just a bit numb and vague

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Tried recalibrating wheel?

15. Kuku Maddog

yeah I did a full reconfiguration of everything, it’s not a hardware or settings issue.

16. Manolo

Manolo Member

I have the same sensation of kuku, nothing seems to fix the previous feeling of solidity, I have tried many files and I have always the same wrong feeling!!! :(

17. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Have you guys tried ramming an A.I car to see if it affects your FFB?
    Seriously (Not joking). For me, it more often than not instantly brings the FFB back to life. Any FFB in game (Inc all defaults) feel broken to me after the update, unless I hit another car. :-/

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Manolo

Manolo Member

That something changes after a collision with the AI is true, except that I do not have such a beneficial effect as to fix everything to the pre-update conditions, moreover after a while I have a feeling of slack and little consistency again.
    I think something has messed up, not only the steering wheel but also the bottonbox and the other peripherals (sequential and handbrake) no longer worked in game and were not detected, I had to disconnect them all and re-add them one at a time by first recalibrating them in windows, only after I reopened the game and luckily they started working again, but the ugly ffb feeling remained

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Kuku Maddog

I don’t know how this is a thing …..
    But it’s a thing o_O
    Wtf is going on ?
    It doesn’t completely fix the ffb, but it does tighten up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member