1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been able to get my settings back to feeling very good, I have added extra ff to Maurice's fanalab profiles and use his suggested in game settings, feels fine now

2. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since the update I have noticed the same problem with my CSLDD using the presets - had it as custom before. Will try custom again.
    I agree with the multiplayer issues - lots of getting wiped out first corner and some folk deliberately driving into you as hard as they can with no intention of racing. an automatic kick button would be great.
    The back end on the Formula USA is really skatey now - used to be very planted - noticeable in turn 1 at Watkins Glen where it is easy to lose the back end.
    F1 V10 V2 - I agree if you stop the car it needs to be restarted which you need to have feet off of both pedals and hold the restart until it revs to a desired level. Is that really how F1 cars start?
    I really like this game and play it a lot. I enjoy the online racing just not getting taken out at the start of every race. This is even worse if damage is on then you have to limp back to the pits and wait 50 seconds until the car is fixed.
    I also don’t understand why if you are taken out you lose safety points as well for an accident you were a passenger in.

3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Gdude, Agreed it sucks with humans and in our case the other day certain AI called:eek: @Dave Stephenson took you out, not sure what he was thinking!. Shame really as the races, & thanks for joining, were good fun how did you find the rain midrace and livetrack? spielbergh.
    Your welcome in my lobbies anytime
    This Ai move supprised me, as usually I see less of this these days. I know others see this going on by what's reported for lower ag levels.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ffb problem also seems to affect some non Fanatec wheels. @Kuku Maddog mentioned he’s also having problems with his Simagic DD wheel in the custom ffb thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Gdude66

That brings back memories - good racing. Happy to join when you are on. The rain and changing grip are exactly what livetrack is about and what I like about this sim - the realism.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Having problems also , Simplicity SW20 DD wheel .
    Just feels mushy now , wasn't sure if it was just me being tired / drunk but can confirm it's definitely not as per pre update .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for trying to help. I tried renaming the file, but unfortunately, the problem still persists.

8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No sim can automatically check who is at fault. This is BASIC knowledge and how it works for 15 years already. If you were not at fault and the other driver is, he will accumulate more points losses over time and you wont.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Amazing profess thanks guys and hope you had a good Xmas and New Years break.

@renato Any news on night time performance optimisations in VR? I know @CrimsonEminence said you were aware of the problems and were looking at improvements. That’s all I want right now, the ability to set up my graphics settings knowing they can cope with any racing conditions!
    Keep up the good work, excited for ‘22

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Sry no error events found, checked /rechecked and search.
    Has not happened since, in testing ai offline for last 2 days. Back to online now.

12. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Yeah, I noticed that the F-Classic Gen 3 cars became more oversteer-y. A little more rear wing, a little less front, and a tick more preload pretty much solved it for me. Haven't tried CART since the last update.

One thing that would be nice in the release notes is a little more indication of what the player should notice is different vs. before--e.g. "We changed the tire treads to reduce rear grip." The guessing game of how the changes each patch affect me gets old. That kind of info. is a lot more usable for me than the dev updates, actually.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, please check this and report back, if something changes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, the latest update with the Fanatec CSL DD native support seems to have improved my Force Feedback tons!

I dont feel things overlapping anymore and its incredibly consistent and rigid for me, I couldnt believe my eyes and I expected no change at all.

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I got mine sorted out, I changed it back to default+ and then used the recommended in game settings with the fanalab profiles and it actually feels better than ever now. Not sure what the initial problem was but I have it sorted now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been using this for months now. I think it tightens up the ffb, but not sure if placebo.

17. Gdude66

Has anyone else experienced Crew Chief not working on multiplayer? Mine works fine on single player and time trial but not multiplayer. I just wonder if this since the 1.3 update? I have posted on the Crew Chief forum but no response. This has been since 1.3 came out.

18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No issues in multiplayer for me. No clues in the log messages? i.e. does it show that it's picking up data from the game, or no updates during the session?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be the wheel has been 'uncalibrate' with this update, so you've to calibrate it again? I was driving GT3 at Cascaval and noticed my wheel was little offset. I calibrated it and drove another lobby and no worries. FFB felt like before patch, I think so. Haven't raced a lot since Christmas.

@CrimsonEminence

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be the aero yaw sensitivity tweak. The formula cars are now on a whole new level of difficulty.

• Agree Agree x 1