1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head movement

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Anthony 123, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

I turn off the in game wheel and have my irl wheel right up to the screen, so that my wheel feels like part of the car. The problem with this game is the way the camera moves on altitude changes, way too exaggerated. I use track ir so I have to use steam vr mode. This means I can't change camera settings so I get these ridiculous camera angles anytime altitude changes. I can get the settings in non-vr mode to almost lock despite banking and altitude. But in steam vr the game forces you to use legacy head movement-no. This ruins the immersion heavily. Can someone please explain how to turn off the camera pitches in steamvr mode? I just want the camera to lock to the car

2. Anthony 123

Can someone please also explain how to turn the in game wheel off? Some cars still have the wheel on and it destroys immersion. A lot of great cars in this game are unusable to me because the static wheel up against my real wheel

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Legacy mode is your friend. In the camera settings turn Legacy mode on ;)

4. Anthony 123

This isn't available in steam vr mode. All camera settings are disabled. Steam vr forces Legacy off

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Oh, sorry, that sucks. Not sure how to workaround that.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't promise anything but:

I have forwarded the deactivated camera options issue with TrackIR. I also see lots of problematic results with the way it's working right now (also over bumps i personally like the car in contrary actually detached from my view a bit more, which i also can't set because of missing world movement settings) especially because it's more restrictive in setup, than using VR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah guys the camera settings is a fu..ing issue in this game, many users complain about this but still not enough i think for Reiza.... We have to be patient... The devs had a lot other things to solve first....

8. Anthony 123

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony 123

They will fix it eventually I'm sure. I didn't have this problem in pcars 2 so it's doable

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Paulo Frazao

Of course they will fix it.... It's not if they can just when they will fix it.... Reiza can do this...

11. CrimsonEminence

Things are not prioritized after the amount of complaints, something get (at least it's not the only factor). Sometimes, things aren't always that easy to solve and sometimes there are indeed other things that have higher priority right now and side-tracking would actually cause more delay to all things, than staying on track.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paulo Frazao

I understand that but when we are quite something got forgotten. And i prefer a good playability and less content for me i have more fun with a class of cars they have a good playability and not a big content with a not so good playability, sometimes less is more. Don't get me wrong Reiza is great and they have made great things but i only start AMS2 when a new update is online and i am with Reiza since GameStockCar, you remember GameStockCar? So for me i love the old F1 cars but they don't feel like the f1 cars of AMS1, so and AMS1 is for me the reference, for me its not ok to have all this f1 content but the playability its not good and for the playability the camera settings its a huge factor in my opinion. This game or sim or whatever you want to call has a great potential and i am a bit angry about that we always have to say that's the camera settings aren't great.

13. CrimsonEminence

It also has nothing to do with new content. This has been mentioned several times by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Paulo Frazao

Yes but what i see till now is that the issues from the beginning are still here and this affects the playability of the game much more as i have any profit of the content. I like the older f1, historic tracks, the GT1 wow its a dream thing for me. that's why i have participated on the Reiza Backers thing... Then i know only Reiza can bring us this older content but it must to be playable for 98% and not for 43%

15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Car and track model devs are not the same ones as the handling and ai devs which aren't the same ones as the game system devs.

The Madness Engine is complex and a lot of things are hard-coded deep down. Working the game system code, there is a high risk of breaking things. It takes time to add, test and fix things and it takes even more time to balance adding things with fixing legacy bugs.

And then comes the complexity of understanding the root cause of a bug and finding a fix for it, each coming with its slew of lost time isolating the cause and reproducing it successfully and knowing how to go about fixing it.

In other words: What we might see as something relatively small and simple to fix might actually be hard to find the source and even harder to fix.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Actually Steam VR mode forces Legacy mode on, not off.

The issue is that the value set for world/head movement in non-legacy mode is exactly the opposite of what it does in legacy. You should, however, still be able to get the camera fixed (as in bolted) to the car by starting the game in non-VR mode, enabling Legacy mode and setting the value for world/head movement to either 0 or 100 - not sure right now, you'll have to try it for yourself. Either way, quit the game afterwards and run it in VR mode again and the change will affect the helmet camera. Not ideal, but at least a workaround for us TrackIR users for now.
    (The settings will still be greyed out in the menu though.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anthony 123

Thank you!! This means so much to me. I will try it as soon as I'm back at the rig

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the complaints and Reiza's reaction made the camera unusable a while ago, while it was good in the beginning. Fortunately, it was then adjusted again, we got the Legacy and Non-legacy settings and I now have a good usable camera, and no more complaints.

19. Val Hoggard

Val Hoggard New Member

Howdy folks! I have been back in love w/AMS after getting AMS 2. Only thing Im having a bit of trouble with, is my TrackIR quit working. I had to be away from my rig for a few days and when I got back on, my helmet fov settings were out of sorts (cockpit looked like I was in pitstop view) and my TrackIR will not work anymore. I've tried to get IR back by checking: vr link in AMS2 shortcut; sharing with Pcars2; helmet view turned on & restarted PC. Did not fix problem.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

20. 2ndLastJedi