1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Crim! :)

I had a quick try with the F-trainer advance at VIR North and FFB felt good again using this parameter. It's strange that not everyone seems to be affected.

2. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oskar goes to Marius, calibrating the wheel brought back the real deal :)

3. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster owners - important info regarding FFB
    Update your drivers and check for a new functionality called "T-BOOST mode" - it changes FFB feeling dramatically, I don't know what they changed, but feels better if it comes to road feel.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

These are the console messages

00:27:04.824 : Took 0.01 seconds to load 3 driver name sounds. There are now 9583 sound files loaded with 429 active SoundPlayer objects
    00:27:04.922 : Error mapping game data: Exception of type 'CrewChiefV4.ValidationException' was thrown., at CrewChiefV4.AdditionalDataProvider.validate(String str) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\AdditionalDataProvider.cs:line 20
    at CrewChiefV4.AMS2.AMS2GameStateMapper.mapToGameStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\AMS2\AMS2GameStateMapper.cs:line 216
    at CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(String filenameToRun, Boolean dumpToFile) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4\CrewChief.cs:line 645

5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i think you should post that in Crewchief forum.
    Its a CC error message, so Reiza devs won't understand whats going on

• Like Like x 1
  6. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Jumped on an F3 race at Spielberg yesterday (won by one mister Marius). Started P12 and finished P3. Judging by what I saw many people either don't use Crew Chief or have the same issue. So many dumb crashes with people simply drifting sideways into each other... It would be great to have an in-game, heli corsa-like widget for the HUD like ACC did incorporating it to their game.

On a side-note and very off-topic, do you guys have a discord to recommend to talk about the game and some multi-player sessions? That was a great race and it just felt weird disbanding afterwards and never talking about it again... I guess league racing would be the best in terms of community but I'm looking for something in-between, no strings attached, just chill, talk about the game and shoot a random lobby every now and then...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@BadEngineer That F3 race as lovely. That P2 was breathing in my neck all the time, until a couple of laps and the gap went bigger and bigger.

I noticed lots of people have a score under the 1500. Might be newcomers or so, but it doesn't do the quality good for MP-racing. I think someone else suggested brackets, but MP is not that big, so it could harm a lot. Ideally I think 'clubs', like in Dirt Rally 1/2 can work amazingly. Specially with a real search/filters. DR 1/2 has none, lol. So you're looking at 10000 of inactive clubs....

Another thing about Clubs aka leagues is that AMS 2 is regulary updated, so you can win for a couple of weeks, and than an update 'destroys' the car you're driving in and suddenly you're losing.. Kind of disortion of competition.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love to have radar implemented in the game. My FOV is set up in such a way that I have no possibility to get any idea what's going on on my sides. I know that there are arrows below displaying when car is approaching, but then my wheel is covering a portion of the bottom of my display, so I'm not able to see it - would be nice to be able to change position of those in HUD editor. I have view left/right mapped on the buttons, but I find it really hard to fight wheel to wheel and also push buttons at the same time.
    If we want clean races there is a need to add radar in HUD as a default, not everyone races in VR or on triple screen setup, and we cannot trust everyone to install CrewChief or other mods.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I have a huge 55 inch TV about 80cm off my face and that gives me a great FOV but even then, without Crew Chief and either TrackIR or mapping the look left/right controls I also feel blind. Finishing the in-game spotter would be great as well. The original AMS's spotter was awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I thought that had already been applied to the CART cars? The earlier poster (Gdude66) raised the question in relation to those. Also, my understanding is that the aero yaw sensitivity change affected the cars behavior after it had begun to slide, as opposed to changing the likelihood of losing rear grip in the first place?

11. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I wonder why there is no radar announced.
    Unfortunatelly not everybody is using Crew Chief, so a radar is mandatory.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's for Renato to know and us to figure out. If I had to guess, I'd think whatever was fixed in the F-USA was applied to the rest of the open-wheelers.

13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, I play in cockpit view, once the car behind gets within a certain distance I cannot see him in my mirrors and the indicator arrows disappear.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The arrows should stay on even when the opponent car is visible beside or to some extent in front of you. Not sure if this is as easy as just changing a range variable, but I wish Reiza would address it exactly for the reason you suggest.

If this was the case, I personally would not want a radar-based system. I prefer the arrows (maybe allowing them to be moved to other parts of the screen would be good, too) as long as they actually work until the opponents are 100% visible in front of us.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I agree
    I don’t like the helicorsa way as it’s draws to much focus of the eyes, which leads to missing brake markers and the like. Often means seeing corner apex late too. once someone is beside, I tend to rely on CC spotter and just risk management and race curtesy.
    unfortunately too many people just turn in regardless of you being just ahead and on the inside.
    being smart is knowing when to concede and live to fight another lap.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Imo there should be options for both radar & arrows, and let players choose whichever option they like best.

• Agree Agree x 13
  17. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Might I suggest that you have it in the wrong position in that case. I've used HC in AC for, well since the beginning. I have it so it is within the periphery of my vision looking directly ahead. I don't ever need to move focus to the radar display from the race-line and I've had many many years clean racing side by side. I have it positioned just below the (fake) internal mirror and a little above what is the focal point of the racing line without it obscuring the view. It can be clearly seen this way while remaining focussed on the racing line.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A radar should be included in every racing sim and enabled by default in multiplayer. If you don't like it, you can always turn it off. So many crashes online are caused by people driving with single-monitor low-FoV settings or with mirrors turned off with zero positional awareness.

The arrows are not good enough.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

what can say..I’m easily distracted :D

20. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With SimHub you can easily set up your radar

• Like Like x 1