1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

This, this is the dream. You can do it in Raceroom and it is amazing. Definitely adds to the immersion when all liveries are hand chosen and from the same series. I believe this could be accomplished by not attaching custom drivers to certain cars. I actually plan to test that theory this week with a custom NLS series. Fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is missing currently? Don't we already have that capability or is it limited to single class at the moment?

I know that we can't add additional slots yet, so maybe that's the issue?

3. olligreen

olligreen New Member

Hopefully its someday possible to add more than just the max 30 AI... I would looooove to race the beautiful nordschleife with more than 30 AI...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we need and will get at least one stock car. I don't know if it will be a actual brand or generic brand, but we have to get something, otherwise they wouldn't have held back the Daytona Oval as long.

Also if R-usa part 3 is just different Aero kits for the indycars, a stock car, and 2 or 3 new ovals, (as I assume Daytona is and has been done for awhile) I assume they could realistically get it out in time for the Daytona 500 which would be cool...

Alternatively, Nascar used to let Trans Am cars race in events that didn't have enough of a field, with the most famous occurrence of this happening at the first race at talladega in 1969. So who knows? I would like to see some classic American muscle come to the game, even if just as a classic touring car.

Also Reiza, can we please get date ranges for the classic formula cars so I know what historical tracks go with what cars? Right now I'm just guessing.

6. TronLi

I was also thinking about it releasing before Daytona but that might be cutting it a little close since Daytona is only 6 or so weeks away.

7. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

I believe what they were referring to was creating a completely custom multi-class grid where you choose exactly what cars and skins are used. As opposed to it being random within a selected class. This may be possible now with the custom AI files but i’m not 100% sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TronLi

I just checked and I think we can already do that. I just made a multi-class grid with Group A, Group C and F-USA and it randomly picked 10 of each but the names and skins matched. So I'm pretty sure you can create a championship with specific classes with the cars of your choosing, along with the names and skins too.

What you probably can't do yet is make up your own classes. If we get more Group A cars this would be pretty cool to have since almost all Group A series ran multi-class at one point or another. In JTCC for example, the Skyline was in its own class, as was the BMW I believe, then everything else. Looks like the BTCC did something similar with the RS500 in one class, then the BMW in another class and so on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ah, that's interesting, something to experiment with - I thought that only worked in a single class and didn't realise you could limit which liveries appeared (I know you can get the right names for the livery).

10. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

Did you do this by editing files or in the game itself? Either way I want to learn. Thank you!

11. TronLi

I just downloaded livery packs from RD and a few of them came with custom AI. Installation was drag & drop. To test in-game I ran a single race and choose classes that I knew had custom AI.

Here is a link to the thread full of information for creating your own files:
    Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

12. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

Appreciate it. I guess i mean that I’m looking to more specifically choose which exact cars are included in a multi-class race. Like if I pick a race of P1, GT3, and GT4 I would want to choose exactly how many of each class are chosen and the breakdown within each class. Like 2 McLarens with skin “x” and “y”, 5 BMWs with certain skins, 2 Porsche GT4, and all the rest Ginetta or something like that. Just and example.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The IL-15 would be an awesome car to have in-game. Reiza already has a couple of Dallara chassis with the Brazilian F3's. Not sure how licensing would look with it given IndyCar is having it's own game in development and iRacing seems to be their sim of choice.
    Mid Ohio Oct 2nd Test-135.jpg

If not that, then some sort of Tatus like they run in Indy Pro 2000.

Mid Ohio Oct 2nd Test-118 smol.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I request to bring the standing start option back for Daytona? I understand its on a banking but it would be useful for leagues to do their own controled rolling start + formation lap as the AI rolling starts are unreliable as of now. (sorry not sure where else to post this)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While we're on the topic, the rolling start AI need some work. It's a 50/50 chance that cars will randomly just start crashing into each other. At least if I get sent into space before the lights, I would like it to be of my own doing, not because the AI bugged out.

Also, proper formation laps could use some reworking as well. Maybe a more obvious warning that a formation lap is activated, because the few times I've seen it used, people always miss it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On a dedi server you can do a standing start on daytona, just not in lobbies created from within the game

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have Stockcar 2019, 2020 and 2021. Also, we have Oldstock cars like the Chevrolet Opala '79, '86 and '99.

• Like Like x 2
  18. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can do exactly this. Just scan through the thread TronLi posted the link to above, everything is explained in there.

19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ik many people disagreed with your comment but I actually think that ams2’s physics and tyre model would work well with drifting. It would also bring ams2 into the attention of the drifting community, who play carx, forza horizon and assetto corsa (and is seperate niche from sim racing). I think the original ams had drift content so i cant see any reason why it wont eventually be ported forwards.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Super Nova

Super Nova Member