1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dumb question: Isn't decimals (hours) allowed?

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

how would i need to format the steam url then? steam://launch/1066890 -forcevr -sportsplay ip: port/
    doesn't work

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

From steam docs. I have tested previeously but not for a while, should work fine. (Note: the double slashes are important)

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

whole hours only. Full list of session attributes and data types is available with dedi running at http://localhost:9000/api/list/attributes/session (adjust port as appropriate if not using defaults)

5. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Dave Stephenson what do you know so far about the invisible dedi servers? Legacy issue that's been going on for quite a while but now it seems to be more prominent. Any workaround apart from refreshing the list and hoping for the best?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

yeah, that worked, thnx very much, steam://run/1066890//-forcevr -sportsplay ip: port made it work.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

yeah, i feel it occurs more since the 1.3 update, yesterday i had people that did seem to find the dedi, and some others that couldn't, very annoying.

This is one reason im looking at the sportsplay option, we need a reliable option to run our coming league on, we cant have half the people not able to join because they cant find the server.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  8. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Silly question, what's the "-sportsplay" option do?

9. Roy Niessink

It bypasses the steam servers, and allows players to directly connect to the server, the server will not appear in the normal lobby list, i hope this will work more reliable then the normal way is lately, so we can use this for our league races.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. DaWorstPlaya

Good to know, so basically running that command will help people directly connect to the DS (as long as they know the IP and port #)?
    Could people also put this in the launch options of the game?
    Eg:
    upload_2022-1-4_12-24-50.png

Obviously with IP and port being the actual IP and port #s.

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Actually the only thing -sportsplay does is put the server IP+port you set at the top of the lobby list. That's it.

12. Roy Niessink

I believe it also bypasses the steam websockets, since it doesn't show the normal lobbies when you use it, so something is different, it was intended for lan multiplayer if im correct

13. Roy Niessink

Yes, that also works, but it doesn't show the normal lobbies then, so when you want to enter/create a normal lobby you have to remove that again. Thats why i want to use a link.

Also you must enable sportsplay in the server.cfg

• Like Like x 2
  14. DaWorstPlaya

Oh good to know! There are days where Steam has had issues and outages, this command would be perfect for days like that.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also P2P was buggy for me this evening, I ran an IMSA series these last months hosting that way with no issues. Now I put up a server, got disconnected within the first 10 minutes. Put it up again and when someone else joined my server another disconnect. Then I tried to find my server in the list again thinking the person that joined would take over as an admin so should still be accessible, had to refresh the list twice before it populated and showed. The person that was still there could not drive out of the garage, and when I attempted to rejoin i received another disconnect.
    [​IMG]
    So in short we gave up. Anyone else having more P2P disconnects lately?

Edit; afterwards I restarted the game, and doublechecked if UDP was turned off as it seems everyone is recommending that in case of disconnects. UDP frequency was indeed turned off but I noticed that the protocol was set to Project Cars 1. I suppose that when you have the frequency off that UDP doesn't matter anymore but changed that back to PC2 just to make sure. Afterwards I started the P2P server again and I was able to race for more than an hour stable. But nobody else joined anymore. Just penning all of it down in case it helps.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Roy Niessink

Ok i will need to check my settings

• Like Like x 1
  17. TechAde

TechAde New Member

I still get the other servers showing when I use the launch options method. Top server here is my sportsplay enabled server, all the others are from the standard list:

upload_2022-1-7_19-49-50.png

18. TechAde

TechAde New Member

I'm getting a warning in the server console when anybody connects via sportsplay:

[2022-01-07 19:46:28] WARNING: Failed to parse incoming p2p packet from xxx, size 17 - unknown message kind 114 set

(where xxx is an ID number)

Is this anything to worry about?

19. Roy Niessink

I must check my logs when i get the chance, havent noticed this, but server works well

20. Roy Niessink

Yeah it only show other dedicated servers, but i dont think you can join them, the p2p ingame created lobbies arent showing