1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT DD PRO binding problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Cully, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have CSL DD selected in control scheme but it refuses to allow me to bind any input to the four coloured analogue inputs on the wheel.
    Any way around this?

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Make sure that the firmware is up to date.
    Try setting the wheel up as custom.

3. Cully

Firmware is up to date, i tried custom and nothing binds plus now i cant even select CSL DD,its just disappeared once i tried to use a custom scheme.

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That is strange. Try a different USB plug. Try a PC restart.
    To get the wheel options back pick the brand first.

5. Cully

AMS2 restart sorted the ability to select CSL DD once again but still cannot assign anything to the 4 coloured D-pads.
    It can't be usb as all inputs are fine with all my other Sims, it's only an issue with AMS2, thanks anyway friend.

6. Cully

Ok i have tried everything with this and its proving very frustrating.
    I have so many functions i need to bind and cannot, AMS2 is my favourite sim but there is literally no point playing it until i can sort this issue.

Just to recap:
    Ive tried pc mode and compatability mode on the CSL DD
    Firmware is up to date
    Ive tried countless controls schemes within AMS2

At this stage its looking like it may well be the rim that comes with this bundle.
    Any help from Reiza would be fantastic.

7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I had to update rim (as well as base and fanalab). Dont give up try removing and replacing rim ,possibly.
    you could try from within fanalab starting game. double click ams2
    (it wont start in vr mode though.
    selected csl dd with seperate pedals here (ingame ams2) then assin all the buttons.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  8. Cully

That's what I do I start with fanalab and select CSL DD with separate pedals.

9. Cully

Anyone from reiza maybe have some things I can try?

10. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

I hope you hear back on this soon. My CSL DD worked perfectly for almost two weeks and now I can’t get anything to bind. I did not change anything but now the game no longer recognizes my inputs. Tried new user profile, custom wheel, etc. All of my other games work fine so I am not sure what happened. Best of luck mate.

11. Cully

Yes i hope so, like you all my other sims are fine.

12. Cully

Any suggestions at all reiza?

13. drewski23

drewski23 New Member

Sad not to hear anything yet as this seems to be happening a bit. I ended up finally getting mine to work by removing my portable hard drive and switching which USB it was plugged into. Took a lot more finagling then I wanted. Hope you find success too

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cully

Still nothing

15. Cully

Surely someone from reiza at the very least could look into this?

16. Cully

Hi guys i know your busy as hell as always but can someone please look into this?
    I dont expect a magic fix or anything but maybe some explanation of why it doesnt work or atleast a recognition of the issue.

17. Cully

So im back almost two months on and still the same issue sadly.
    With a lot of people buying this wheel for GT7 it might actually be in your interest to look into it.
    Sad to say for AMS2 i was better off with my G29 as i had access to all inputs.

18. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I have the same problem with the GT DD Pro wheel.

I use a free program called AntiMicro to assign the 4 dpads to keyboard inputs (1-0 and F1-F10 in my case). I saved the profile and set it to load only when AMS2 is running. You can then assign the dpads in the game (they'll show as the keyboard inputs but who cares, it works).

Takes a bit of fiddling to set up (especially with the auto profile loading) but it's been working great so far.

I still run in compatibility mode and select CSW V2.5 because the wheel display and LEDs don't work otherwise. I don't run Fanalab.

Hopefully Reiza can add proper support for this wheel. AMS2 is the only title that gives me problems.

You can get the program here:
    GitHub - AntiMicro/antimicro: Graphical program used to map keyboard buttons and mouse controls to a gamepad. Useful for playing games with no gamepad support

I tried the newer AntiMicroX but i found it didn't work as well so stuck with the original.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. WesBrook77

WesBrook77 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this is a Fanatec problem, not an AMS problem.

The coloured hat switches do not work for me either, except in GT7. On PC, they all show up in the Fanatec Control Panel, but outside of that, nothing. Not even Joy2Key sees any input from these switches. If I recall correctly, at one point they did work, but now they do not.

Starting to wish I'd never bought this damn thing. I also don't appreciate being absolutely rinsed by Fanatec's customer support and having to pay another chunk of money for their QR1 to overcome "normal manufacturing tolerances" on their utter garbage QR1 Lite.

I guess they might get enabled in a future driver/firmware update. Until then, good luck if you're using VR, as there are nowhere near enough buttons available on the wheel without the use of these hats.

EDIT: Actually, the coloured hat switches work in both AC & ACC, so maybe this is an AMS problem. Not sure why Jok2Key would not recognise them either though.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  20. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

The hat switches work fine in ACC and are recognised in AntiMicro, so it appears to be an AMS2 problem.

EDIT: Nevermind.... Saw your edit . Try AntiMicro to simulate key presses with the hat switches. I remember trying Joy2Key and had the same problem as you. Must be a newer controller driver or something that fanatec uses that isn't recognised by older input DLLs used by some programs (AMS2 included). I'm far from an expert though.