1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Yes it does. I think I had to switch LED ON in Fanalab too ( or in the Fanatec driver app ).

Edit says: The LCD can be set in Fanalab to display different info. I have it set to show Speed but show briefly the gear for a couple seconds every time I shift gears.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently, with throttle above a certain percent, ERS will always drain. It always recovers energy under braking as well, so no way to mess with how it harvests energy either. Reiza has adjusted the deployment profiles to hopefully match the length of the track, but it occasionally still runs out of ERS on some straights.

In RSS's Formula Hybrid mods you at least have a few different modes and can adjust how aggressive the electrical regen is from the rear axle. Say you are stuck behind a slower car that is defending well, you can turn up your regen, build-up some battery and release it at a key moment to get past. Then in quali you could use your outlap to build up ERS, and put it in an all or nothing mode that dumps everything with minimal regen.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's because Assetto Corsa allows you to change MGUK settings out of the box. Project Cars implementation of the feature seems very basic. In AMS2 I wish you could at least use the push to pass button as an overtake button, draining the battery faster while pressing it or for a few seconds (maybe 5 seconds or so) after a quick press of the button.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, from the outside it seems like the many needed features are missing due to the engine either not having it or having it overly simplified or incomplete.

Again, it is what it looks from the outside. Maybe the plethora of things missing are more of a combination of engine limitations and Reiza still not having full understanding of the engine features.

The only sure thing is that we know the dev team is very capable and are very likely trying to squeeze the best of what they have in hands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I tested yesterday at Silverstone 1991 the battery is always almost fully charged. It doesn't go below 90%... Not sure what the problem is... Tried both private testing and TT with the same result

6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, as the choice of when to boost gives a layer of strategy like the KERS in the f-reiza, but we shouldn't have it fully controllable as esports pros in f1 2019 were able to exploit this game mechanic in a way that real f1 drivers like lando norris and george russell said were unrealistic. Codemasters patched this in f1 2020.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. rmagid1010

On a related note, I would say that the KERS in the f-reiza is kind of useless, as the f-reiza engine is so powerful that im regularly at the rev limiter at tracks like monza. You don't really need DRS or KERS with this car, and I think that these devices ought to be more important.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They patched out the low/medium/high ERS deploy and instead gave a push to override overtake button. Which is indeed more realistic actually. Drivers don't constantly mess around with ERS map, this is overall more automated and the driver has possibilities to override that, but mostly it's down to pressing an overtake button.

You can here notice the advice to use the overtake button in these epic laps clearly (last lap overall, Lando had to close a gap to benefit from a time penalty). I agree, that having it in the game is favourable. (Have to click the link to YT directly because FOM wants you to :D )

There seems to be also a switch for different engine modes in this year still of course and a recharge mode setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There is something to this. The default mode as it is now, I would consider to be "normal" deployment. An overtake or conserve mode could be added. 10-20% more deployment or 10-20% less.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelreserv

I believe I heard that in an interview with Lando (or maybe a stream clip) discussing about the difference between RL and F1 franchise. In RL though, they have a more pressing concern. Overdriving the tires. The Overtake mode to conserve to overtake to conserve, corner by corner is the consequence of gamers not having to deal with this concern. In gaming its about maximizing lap time only.
    Its not hard to tell from watching the races either. They attack when they have their tires in the right place and deployment available, but this lasts a lap or two. Then they have to back off. Lewis is a master of this.
    Same with braking as well. Guys like Ricciardo, are brake temp gurus.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rmagid1010

The good news is that the new 18" Pirelli tyres are supposed to be easier to push on as Pirelli say that they've worked to reduce tyre overheating What we learned about Pirelli’s new 18-inch tyres at Abu Dhabi

• Like Like x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

On the topic of boost, why does the Montana boost button take 5 seconds after you press the button to activate boost in a race.
    Should it not be instant?
    bug?

13. steelreserv

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Per 2017 rules, drivers can´t activate P2P in the 1st lap, and there is a 5s delay between hitting the P2P button and the actual boost kicking in, increasing the strategic dimension of this feature.

Quoted from a long ago AMS (1) update ;)

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No, as designed.

After button press you have 5 seconds before it activates, so P2P also is useful as attack measure, without causing P2P trains. Everybody could press it to also defend P2P away easily by also using P2P otherwise.

After P2P usage you have 100s cooldown. Per race there should be 15 P2P activations possible.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's interesting, the new tires are also a lot larger in general, so they aren't quite losing as much sidewall as you'd initially think. I guess the biggest idea we have on how the tires will affect the final package is in the change in F2 in recent seasons.

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just been trying the GT1 cars in wet and dry only to discover that even after update 1.3.1.0 which had this in the patch notes "Revised rain tires for all classes; Increased slick dropoff in wet for GT cars", that the GT1 cars have the same or maybe even less grip in the wet on wet tires as they do on soft slicks.
    This is a bit of a shock as when I tried out the GT3 cars after that update I was pleased because they acted as you would expect so tires were fixed, but seems not for GT1's... What gives?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed.
    Just tested ref your :)spot, and ran full rain wet/softs/hards. Winter, same track/contions etc.
    Slicks (both) have high grip 4 laps on each boot Im faster (2+secs) on hards softs slightly less. compaired to wets.
    Loss of grip in same spots were slicks hang on even with high throttle. Plenty of bite wets have little.
    Test track Spielbergh H no chicane easy to demo there
    .( Hv rubbered track not sure setting as wet track will make a difference
    EDIT Tested Car was Merc just about to try a storm race

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know right! I've just done some further testing and it seems wets are faster than soft slicks in the rain (but not by as much as id have thought) however as you've just found, Hards beat them both! Its like the hard tires ares the rain tires!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you tell us if you set preset settings "wet" ?
    What was the track temperatures and the ambient temp ?