1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Real Weather Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2021.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

In pCARS2 and 1, the Real Weather functionality was disabled after about a year. Do we know if the same thing will happen in AMS2? Or does it use another system that doesn't require SMS or Reiza in this case to pay to get the data into the game? Anyone know?

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What happened with Real Weather?
    There is no Live Weather or Weather Forecast anymore.
    Historic Weather data is only till 07th Dec. 2021 available.

3. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

track temp is to lowe date 5 September2021
    Car / Track used: mclaren 720s gt3 / Nürburgring veedol
    AI Strength setting: 101
    AI Aggression setting: 90
    Race Distance: 3 h.
    Weather when the issue was observed: clear/light cloud dry
    Type of session when the issue was observed: custom championship. race

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  4. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

I wonder if there is any update on this? I've been doing a couple custom championships of late with 30 minute races running 1x time starting a 2PM. In the first 15 minutes of the race the temperature will drop by 6-8 degrees Celsius and then in the second part of the race it will rise by 8-10. That's on a clear day with light clouds.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Inge Nordnes

Inge Nordnes TROLL SimRacing

I would like to add to this. Right now the weather polling is not working at all as I am sure you already aware, but here's a bump for prio fixing <3

Happy new year!

6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Same here. It's a fantistic feature. What could be more real than race at a given track in the exact real conditions?

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If the feature is working. Many times I have gone to start a session then exited out and gone back in and the weather is different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kim

This is what @CrimsonEminence said there are more posts further down, if you follow the Quote

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  9. F1Aussie

Sync windows clock? My clock is fine, I don't get it.

10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I'm curious about if that systems accounts for summer and/or standard time. summer/winter time is still used in the EU despite it's EU parliamtary abolition in 2019.

11. Kim

Did you follow the Quote. there are more post on this subject in the thread i point to.
    to followe the quote klick the arrow to the right of (CrimsonEminence said) in the original poste.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  12. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The question hereby must be more like: what time stamd is the weather data using, and what about users with a timezone "in the future" just like Australia.

I tried to replicate the catatropihiy weather escapades at May 1st 2021 that leas to half the 24H race at Nürburgring 24h beeing red flagged., but all you get from AMS2 is good racing weather.

13. Kim

@CrimsonEminence Said one should try to synchronize ons computer time to the inter net time (if you go to settings on the computer under clock and date one can synchronize this)

14. Kim

15. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Just in case you want real weather back in PC2 there is a tool using openweather and redirecting the request from PC2 to your own PC which provides then the real weather data. I could look up the exact names if you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. F1Aussie

How would this help with historic weather, that is all I use. Why would it matter about my clock if I am using weather from 30 years ago? It should be reasonably accurate regardless of the clock on my system. Exiting out of a session with historic weather when it is tipping down with rain and then reloading back into it with fine sunny weather indicates a bug in historic weather to me, this happens regularly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. JavierZumaeta

Hey that would be real useful! Yes, please!

Also, I'm using real weather in a custom championship at the moment, and not only is it not accurate, it gives the same weather forecast for every race, random rain at all times, every day. Rarely is there a dry session. Almost never. Any news about this?

Does the "random" weather slot work as a work around. Again comparing to pCARS2, the random slot really was truly random and not very useful. It could go from hot and sunny to blizzard to fog to who knows what. It's super bonkers.

Is AMS2's random weather functionality smarter than this? It'd be neat if it had a functionality where it takes the % chance of precipitation and randomizes # of weather slots and weather based on this %, or something. Anyone know?

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The random weather is much smarter. It is "random" within the bounds of realistic weather for that location and date. Fully random weather as you describe is not very appealing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JavierZumaeta

Oh nice! Okay, that'll be the workaround then.

20. JavierZumaeta

Real Weather seems to be working as intended again. Idk. hopefully it keeps working.