1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini but annoying stutters when crash

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by pety100, Jan 14, 2021.

1. pety100

pety100 New Member

Hello guys!

I already had that problem in rFactor 2, but in AMS 2 I have the same problem and I wonder if anybody can help me on this in this forum. So my problem as the title says a stutter happens when I collide with opponents or when I just hit the back of the oppontents car. Here is a video about this:

Here you can see whats happening. In the video these stutters are very small, but sometimes these are dangerously much bigger. Anyway these small stutters are annoying to my eyes too. I play with vsync + gsync + 72 fps limited (75 hz freesync monitor, g-sync works through DP cable) and its very smooth but these stutters happen when colliding. But when I play only with vsync without any fps limit and without g-sync enabled, the problem happens too, so it's not gsync or fps limiter related at all. Or I played without vsync and enabled only gsync and fps limiter to stay in the frequency range of my monitor, the stutters happened the same way, thats why I think its not vsync related. I tested a lot these combinations and these kind of colliding lags happens all the time.

What can cause these kind of stutters/frametime spikes? In rFactor 2 I have these stutters too, even when others colliding and not me (even if it happens on the other side of the track and I don't see visually). In AMS2 I don't know if others crash I get these too or not, today I will have a test race with my league and I will ask someone to crash in front of me and I will see. :D

Anybody has an idea how can I fix this? Or my ryzen just can't handle these car crashes/colliding maybe?

***Important information: When I turn off damage type in gameplay settings I don't have these stutters when I hit oppopents at the start. I tested it now.

PS.: I know that AMS 2 and rF2 has the same or similar physics engine thats why I mentioned rFactor 2 here.

My PC:
    Ryzen 5 1600
    RTX2060
    AsRock AB350 Pro4
    2x8GB RAM

Thank you very much for your help,
    Peter

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Had a similar issue. I was on Donington with the chevette, and when a car hit me (on the left side) had a temporarily stutter - then the motion continued without any issues.

Only happened once (in an hour of playing) though.

3. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

These stutters also happen sometimes when AI-cars collide.

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I really hope Reiza will look at this at some time

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lynxair

Lynxair New Member

Still same problem...1 year and 4 moths of the last message of that post

6. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have those stutters when starting a session, then no more and then when i pit, the pit crew is flickering badly, use to have those micro stutter a lot but then i caped the FPS and i now just have about 1 or 2 at start of session.
    On collisions it can happen but its random, also when i call the pit, there is random stutters.

7. spyke70

spyke70 New Member

It happens to me when I go head-tail off the track. breaks my balls a bit, just stay on the track. lol

• Funny Funny x 1