1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: GT3, GTE & P1 tested, likely all
    Applicable Settings: 3x Fuel, Accelerated Tire Wear, Changeable Conditions, Race session
    Report: Pit crew don't change tires even if tires are specifically checked in the pit menu. Especially difficult if the track is wet and the pit crew sends you out on dry tires.
    Steps to reproduce: Set up a race session with the applicable settings, beforehand make a pit preset for wet and dry tires with full fuel and no damage repair, and either start with a dry track and go wet or vice versa. When it's time to switch, select the appropriate pit option (Without sending the car into the wall lol) and pit. Observe as the infinite wisdom of the pit crew override your request for different tires and simply don't change them.

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Copa Fusca
    Applicable Settings: night
    Report: In the car selection screen it says Copa Fusca has headlights when it actually does not.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive Copa Fusca at night, if you hit the key to turn on headlights the dash gauges will light up but there won't be any headlights.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The latest versions since a few updates ago are fundamentally messed up. Even though I have a solid 70 fps, in multiplayer lobbies the game slows down to a crawl (10-30 seconds slower per lap). And UDP is off before you suggest that. There's something overloading some CPUs in the latest builds that causes this slowdown and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was in the same P3 race as @azaris at Brands GP and in my game his his car was lagging in steps moving back towards me and only going about half normal speed. I also had some problems. In one P3 race at Jerez I was in third place and my game went into "slow motion" approaching T2 and my car ghosted back through two cars behind and then resumed at normal speed. I also had some stuttering in several races which is very unusual for AMS2 and twice in an MP practice session today my screen went black for 1-2 seconds and then resumed with me in the barrier.

Currently on Nvidia driver version 496.13 (not updated since October) if that makes any difference.

5. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: NA
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: My Rating was up to S1500s, but yesterday my rating dropped to U1552. I still have all my Stats but I've driven multiple races and the rating is exactly the same at U1552. I chatted with others, and they see me as S1500 but I see myself and every other drivers int he lobby as "U". Also, this is not just a visual glitch, as I'm locked out of certain lobby's that have higher that U1552 rating settings. On the Reiza Facebook page, others have seen this and it just goes away the next day, but for me today has the same thing, U1552.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i heard of a couple people having the same issue, not experienced it myself. but thats probably why its still considered a beta.

7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I'm not sure is this a bug but just wanted to let you know that I can't access the leaderboard in any car and track in Time Trial mode. Weird thing is not everyone is affected by this, I have asked people around in my country (Finland) and some people are reporting that everything has been working as normal today in Time Trial mode. Unfortunely this is not the case for me. o_O

Last time I was posting lap times in Time Trial was on Wednesday this week (wasn't online on Thursday and Friday) and everything was working fine back then. But today I haven't been able to post lap times at all in Time Trial leaderboard and I can't see any lap times in there which is weird. It just says "No records set" and nothing more.

So can it be that this problem is on my end only and not on the game itself? If the problem is on my end, what can I do to fix it? I'm so frustrated because I really wanted to post some records in Time Trial leaderboard today.

Thank you in advance for any assist.

EDIT (9.1.2022 13.02): Nevermind, I just had a look at Time Trial leaderboard and everything is back to normal. No idea why it wasn't working yesterday but I'm glad it works now. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: use Xbox controller
    Report: In the car selection screen it shows Y button for both showroom & livery select when it actually should show Y button for showroom & X button for livery select.
    Steps to reproduce: go to car select screen using a Xbox controller.

Attached Files:

9. RoloFuentes

RoloFuentes Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: HP Reverb G2
    Report: About half fps than the other tracks (90 on other 45 to 48 on this one)... GPU usage is around 60% when on other tracks is near 95% CPU usage is same in all tracks around 25 to 32. Watkins glen GPU temp around 50ºC, all others 65ºC, CPU temp around 65ºC all the time
    Steps to reproduce: Time trial, have not try race or online race

10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen short
    Car Used: Formula Vee fin
    Applicable Settings: Rated online race with Ai included
    Report: An Ai with no wheels including sparks
    Steps to reproduce: drive in qualifying .
    Also , even though I was on poll , lobby host had set to auto rolling start, the 2nd place Ai was a car length ahead at green light and got a big jump.
    But was impressed with the Ai and had constant side by side battles and even fell victim to a brilliant pass worthy of the most cunning human racer. lucky that Ai was there as all humans including host left early. :whistle:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Vehicle ARC Camaro
    Report.
    Car in ui states 6 speed. car has only 5 which is correct
    Car has no Brake lights {normal?? unconfirmed maybe because its a fake body? but gets your attention for sure when trying to outbrake car in front.
    .~(I understand headlights are not fitted)

The only time I had this I was offline in steam when I thought I was online.

Awesome. Glad to hear you have experienced this as well, Its certainly possible with classes I race and with agg at 100 especially.
    ARC Camaro 110-120sk//agg100 is worth a look

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Daytona endurance (not Nascar layout)
    Car Used: .DPI and GTE
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start with Formation Lap
    Report: multiple bugs
    Steps to Reproduce:. we tested a 13 person grid with both GTE and DPI classes over 6 starts. 3 formation, 3 AI starts.

I was left about a half lap back for the first rolling start in my menu, as the other cars drove off. The AI rolling start did same thing. Then worked after another round of testing.

During the formation lap, I was able to drive inside other cars on the formation (is this normal?)

Penalties seem to be willy nilly too, P1 got a penalty for passing before race start, and had a 75MPH is too slow, and speed for formation is 75MPH

13. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

General bug:
    The new ready up button requires 2 clicks to make it work. Had a few drivers in a race last night get DQs because they thought they hit the button, but nothing happened.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

UPDATE: After some testing, I've found out more about this issue. If the race is set to only use light rain, the pit crew will not replace the tires even if it is explicitly selected in the pit menu - which, might I say, is annoying to flip through when in the middle of a race, but that's beside the point. The Pit Crew WILL change tires to wets if it is storming conditions, but will override the player otherwise.

Additionally, in the dry, the pit crew will also override requests for new tires unless they are extremely worn. While this is good pit strategy, it takes control from the player. I should be able to take tires if I tell the pit crew to give me tires - Even if it's not the best strategic decision.

15. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

In the pit strategy configuration window, if you have "recommended" selected, the game will do what it thinks is right. You have to select the option (forget exactly what it's labeled) that tells it to do exactly what you ask. Yes, I ran into this same situation before I figured out what the problem was.

In contract, I inadvertently had a wet tire strategy selected as my default strategy in a recent race and I ended up with wet tires on a sunny, dry day, so that's how I know. :) The game did exactly what I told it to do--my screw up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Sir_Anth

Sir_Anth New Member

Car Used: Ginetta G40 Cup
    Report: In game animation when shifting is not correct, the hand is about 30 cm more to the left than the actual shifter so it looks like he is shifting some air.
    Priority: low as it does not affect gameplay in any way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric

Report:
    I cannot assign any inputs on the 4 coloured D-Pads on my GT DD PRO , i have tried everything, reinstall of AMS2, deleted documents folder, deleted and created countless new control schemes ingame with custom and with CSL DD schemes along with Clubsport scheme, nothing has worked.
    Ive also tried all 9 usb ports available to me but no luck.
    All other sims have no such issues, no need to name them.
    Priority: High as its literally unplayable for me, its my favourite sim but i dont have access to quick inputs like look left and right or TC+,- etc etc all these are basic but vital input requirements.

18. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Skip to End functionaly broken

Track & Layout Used: seems to happen in any track
    Car Used: Formula Ultima
    Applicable Settings: irrelevant
    Report: Runned an offline championship. 10 min race, i have observed race for 6 mins and after i pressed Skip to End. Results were super random. Car that was 1min behind ended up winning and everything just did not make sense. Happens all the times (tried already 3 times) Skip Session on qualify tho seems to generate good Results.
    Steps to reproduce: Offline Championship - Race - Retire to Pit - Skip to End

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

so ive done some testing for this bug and i dont think its actually a bug. to have your tires changed you need to ensure that the change tires tab is on all, fronts or rears. if its left on recommended it'll keep the tires on if it thinks they are suitable or still in good enough condition, can you please retry to replicate this "bug" with my suggestions and see if it still happens.

Attached Files:

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cascavel, but probs applies at all tracks
    Car Used: Mclaren 570s gt4
    Applicable Settings: Rain
    Report: Rain lights can be seen through the black sticker above the windscreen, and it looks really odd upload_2022-1-14_19-12-59.png