1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Since nobody mentioned the track part, the December Dev update (best place to check for updates on missing/upcoming content) did confirm that Road America is coming end of this month and that Classic Spa and Nurburgring are coming in Q1(February-March) so it's not a broken promise and never was. They always said it would come and are still actively working on the game, so it will be a matter of having a bit more patience.

As for the mirror issues, just because an issue seems simple to fix, doesn't make it. The Madness Engine is a complex piece of software. I am not saying it is unfixable, but shifting priorities and lack of time make it so you can't dedicate as long to try and find a solution or that other, bigger issues suddenly move you away from your work to fix something else.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F3s need setup and tire revisions imho. I've had a race around Spielberg a week or two ago in the F3s and experienced exactly what you're describing with the oversteer. I've managed to make it a lot better by tweaking the setup: mainly reducing rake, softening the rear ARB and adding a click of rear wing. Car got way better and I gained a second and a half per lap due to improved confidence in the car. That being said I still think the tires slide around too much like there's no grip. If I'm not mistaken this has also been acknowledged.

Brake and ABS feel is one of the things I like the most in this game. Different to other sims you can feel and hear the ABS clearly, making it easy to modulate. Traction Control is inconsistent and badly balanced, IMO. In some cars you can definitely feel a difference (Merc GT3, BMW GT4). In other cars the settings don't change much (Porsche GT3), in all of the cars they're badly balanced between dry/wet settings. IMO they should aim for something like this: 1-2 pretty aggressive hotlap in rubbered track, 3-5 default dry track settings, 6-7 worn out slicks light rain or green track settings, 8-10 wet track settings. This could be the norm for every car in the game. If not the case, at least let us adjust it like we can in RRRE.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think one of the things that Reiza need to tweak with the setups are throwing more wing on some of the open wheelers, cars like the Formula Ultimate/Reiza and, to my memory, the Classic G1 feel terrible on default setup but suddenly putting the rear wing up a click or two makes them come alive, and likewise the F-USAs have horrendous understeer until you get a little front on
    Plus I'm not sure what's going on with the BT26A but it feels nigh-undrivable compared to the other cars in it's class, the lack of traction on power is really something to behold

Also, remembering the fact that AMS1 ended at 1.5, will the total build versions by the end of the dev cycle go past that by any chance? I know there's quite a lot to get to in terms of both DLC and polishing so fitting that all into 2 major updates would probably not work

4. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Off topic but we're talking about an easter egg on Cleveland on racedepartment today ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought SPA DLC with the PROMISE that Historic Spa was coming shortly. Next thing I know it's been delayed a year. That's a broken promise.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm still waiting on the VW Scirocco from Live for Speed, Indy 500 in Project cars 1, and a functioning not peice of **** game from Motorsports Games, so just chill dude. It's coming, and knowing Reiza it will be worth the wait.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think this or something similar is the goal. As we can all imagine, tire physics has a major impact on TC. The huge tire physics bug found just ahead of the December update that threw the whole dev cycle into a tilt is undoubtedly affecting things here. Not every car has had all of its tires/compounds updated to the latest standard yet (e.g., the F3 mentioned above), and TC refinement cannot occur until the tires are "finalized." As you pointed out, TC is workable in some cars already, though they will undoubtedly get more tweaking. The "not working" TC will get fixed sometime soon, but "as soon as possible" is probably the better term.

Like the differential fix, resolving major physics problems cascades into the rest of the physics, because this is a simulation. But replacing the diff is not like doing so on your real car, where every other part of the car remains static and you can just swap in the new/improved part. The sim has to simulate the INTERACTION of all the parts and adjustments, not just the individual parts. And Reiza wants these things to behave as in real life, so its not enough to just find one pleasant-feeling combination (relatively easy)--a workable, plausible, realistic working solution that will respond appropriately to garage set-up changes AND that feels good has to be found (not easy and sometimes incredibly difficult and frustrating).

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they never promised it would come „shortly“. In an old dev update they wrote it „should come later on in 2021“ which has just been over. But yes, more than a year delay is a bit long :D and Renato recently apologised for that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is from the season pass store page, now if i am someone who wants to buy the season pass, mostly because of the spa historic track, if i read this i would think it was released in december 2020, i would feel cheated to find out it isn't there more then a year later, and there is no mentioning of the delay on that page, to me that isn't right.

upload_2022-1-17_17-4-55.png

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Take is easy... it's probably coming within the next 2 weeks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lets just watch all the nice ams2 content that youtubers are putting out, rather than complain about historic spa needing some extra polish, or if sim racers are 12 years old or just acting that age.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL.. UE isn't a car physics engine. Just a graphics and I/O umbrella. So in that respect it is not an alternative to ME which is a complete package including car physics

13. Andrex

Andrex New Member

Racin US dlc was sold with a promise that RoadAmerica and the other group of Carts coming end of december.
    I am not upset on Reiza but I am disappointed because their promises that not can be kept.
    Take your time to do it right without promises, that's all

14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are right but also wrong.

ACC is built on UE4, so UE5 can be an alternative, although maybe unlikely for such a small studio as Reiza.

With that said, UE4 is the second reason why I dislike that title - too heavy on the GPU. The first reason are the lame GT3/GT4 classes that every day passes I dislike more and more.

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes but UE4 does not do any physics calculation because it has too low a frequency. ACC has an in-house physics sub-routine. Moving from ME to UE means developing a completely different physics engine from scratch among many other things like tracks conditions engine etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

The issue is that many 'Customers' won't be here on the forum and won't be following every detail on the socials.
    When purchased via STEAM, people are seeing and expecting 'x', and they're not getting it.

Even people who were here day 1, bought the game day 1 have the right to be disappointed and frustrated. So it's fair that the people who weren't, may end up coming here showing that same disappointment and frustration.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am really happy to see this channel continue to grow, always great videos and a great showcase for historic sim racing in general. I like watching footage from the early era of racing games, it really drives home how far things have come.

Sure there are issues in AMS2 but it's progressing nicely. I can't wait to see more videos like this as the sim progresses this year. I think this channel in particular is going to benefit Reiza greatly as the focus of the channel is AMS2's strong point.

• Like Like x 3
  18. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

children do frustration, adults do patience, grow up!

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also remember that interlagos 1976 exists already in ams2, so if you want your retro fix then go race there

20. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

A childish comment in and of itself. Life as an adult is full of frustration, unless you're an emotionless robot living in a fantasy black and white World...
    Who the hell do you think you're talking to? I stand by my comment that people who buy the game without being involved in the forums/socials, may end up coming here feeling frustrated.

Edit: People can disagree all they like, it's not like you can literally SEE people coming to the forum and expressing their thoughts. It's like me posting a picture of a car, and people disagreeing that it's a picture of a car. The f*ck is wrong with people?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2