1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

So for a few nights now we've been talking on the stream in regards to what we think should happen at the end of this year when the season pass is complete..
    im also curious of your thoughts so drop them below..
    My ideal situation would be this..
    between june and december, a new season pass for 2023-2025 is announced and reiza continues to work with the ams2 platform. why? easy.. the amount of work thats already gone into creating this game is obviously huge, not to mention well worth thier efforts as in my opinion, its the best sim on the market. I do worry that we'll get to the end of this year, and reiza will have started to build on a new engine for example, meaning a big circle back to where they started.
    The madness engine is most definitely up to the job, reiza has already shown us they are smashing it with the engine and are getting more and more out of it every month.. seems senseless to me to have to start all over again.
    so pretty please reiza, once the year is up, just keep going with ams2, drop another season pass, my wallet is ready!!

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 was declared as a long-term project at the time of release. I don't know why you're already talking about not developing it further. Reiza will certainly continue to develop it for some time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's probably too long for a season pass but I'm with you, I hope it continues for a long time. I'd love to see a '23 pass and then a console release in '24 with cross-play enabled (don't worry, the MPRS will be honed enough by then to make this feasible).

• Like Like x 2
  4. BCRCGAMING

For some people, it may have already been a long term thing. im just voicing my opinion and hopes mate. i dont recall seeing any info as to what happens after the end of this year is all :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People have been posting some good videos racing against the AI, it makes me really excited to think about the videos that will be available in a few months.

You guys should read through the AI thread, there is a lot of good work being done there. Once some of the passing issues are resolved (hopefully soon) everyone will need to rebalance their custom AI but that is crucial. Then they can ask the devs for more specific parameters and eventually it will be considered good enough to expose in the gui (probably after official documentation is released).

GPLaps mentioned helmets and suits which Renato already said are in the plans. This is cool stuff, as it's been a request since PC1 pre-alpha days.

• Like Like x 2
  6. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

I second this. I want to see Reiza go long term and become the most well rounded sim so that I don’t need to spend another dollar on bitchass iRacing :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  7. BCRCGAMING

i second this and honestly believe that ams2 can top iracing, with the right work in the right places no doubt at all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

the content, force feedback and physics I think is on the same level as iRacing or better imo. It’s just that running regular online servers obviously costs a lot of $$$ for Reiza and us.

But, Reiza is planning something with third party services. If AMS2 can integrate something like AC’s Sim Racing System, BAM… iRacing killer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BCRCGAMING

iracing ffb is utter garbage mate lol i cant believe its still this bad after all these years and they clearly arent making any changes to it

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What makes iracing so successful and popular is the good multiplayer with organized races at any time of the day. So everyone can drive qualitatively good races without belonging to a racing community where only 2x in the week is driven. For people who have shift work this is very convenient. I have long wondered why others have not yet copied this successful system from iRacing.

11. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry guys, but for me and for many simracers of the first hour,
    the FFB from iracing is and remains very good and authentic.
    Calling the iRacing FFB as garbage is ridiculous, sorry.

If Reiza could only achieve 50% of the multiplayer features and the stability
    and in love with detail of iRacing multiplayer, I would seriously consider
    swapping iracing for AMS2.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BCRCGAMING

do you run the in game ffb? or a custom file? cause i'll state everyday of the week, iracing ffb garbage and informative... ams2 tells you everything thats happening with the car on default ffb...why doesnt iracing???

13. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

because that’s what you pay for; running online servers 24/7 costs a lot of money and they don’t get the same returns like them free shooter games.

that’s why other games can’t copy it coz then every sim will be expensive like iRacing

iRacing does everything right and does it well balanced. AMS2 could achieve it at the expense of using third parties for multiplayer. It’s good, effective, cheap and does the job

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert Gerke

I drive with Standard+ FFB at AMS2. I like it a lot too. But I was only criticizing that you say that iracing FFb is rubbish. I can't let that stand ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. BCRCGAMING

you have to mate, its the truth

16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

iRacing has a lot of players because iRacing has a lot of players. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. If iRacing came out today, they'd be laughed out of the room and no one would join the service.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Robert Gerke

Sorry, but I don't think so either. But iRacing does too much right for "real" simracers and the realistic damage model (optical and physical) alone, as well as the extremely powerful VR support, are unparalleled.

Even with outdated graphics and missing weather effects, this sim racer would soon attract demanding sim drivers again... yes, even today. I believe that 100%

But if you just want to continue driving old retro cars, and still offline against an undemanding AI, stay with the other alternatives ;-)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

iRacers have convinced themselves that it’s got premium features only because it cost them so much it must have. :whistle:

I’ve dabbled with it a little lately using a promo, and I just can’t see what’s so good about it.
    Graphics and old school web based ui are terrible and don’t make it clear what you are looking at, it always wants to update something every time you select something.

The ffb just feels like a big spring with an almost constant force rather than variable resistance. And there’s no details outside of big jolts for bumps and kerbs .

just don’t see the mass appeal at all .

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can't deny that Iracing does a lot of things right: first of all organized multiplayer, attention to detail, AI since two years (now it is genre leading imo). The FFB is good, at least with a medium/high end wheel but I personally prefer the FFB of AMS2 or AC for example.

But back to topic: looking forward for the new updates, especially for the other CARTs!

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is nothing in the iRacing MP system (license-based progression system with rating-based splits instead of the usual geographic-based splits that are free for all) that cannot be replicated by other games, provided they had the player numbers that iRacing has. But they don't so they can't do splits like iRacing does. If all the non-oval iRacing players left and went on to play better games and populate their multiplayer systems instead, it would improve sim racing as a whole.