1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used: Ginetta G40 GT5 & Cup (Both Versions)
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: UI shows that clutch lsd can be adjusted, which is counterfactual
    upload_2022-1-15_0-1-24.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rmagid1010

Car Used: Ginetta G40 Cup & GT5
    Report: Ratcheting appears under front differential when mouse is over counterfactual lsd ramp settings, and dissapears when mouse is over a different setting.

Edit: I've seen this on other cars as well, including f-classic-g1-m2 when hovering over the gear ratio selectors.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  3. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Reported this (The U.I hover glitch, not LSD) probably near two years ago and suggested there was something like a missing code end tag or similar...
    Never fixed, and has actually got worse as the U.I/Navigation has become more broken. Hovering over replay buttons, unselectable menu options, massive misalignments as per pic etc etc.
    ams2-crap (1).png

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I reckon I did the same too. This bug is a carry over from PC2, maybe they have not been able to isolate it yet, like the mysterious shadow blobs on the track at night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Monza Short Circuit
    Car: N/A
    Report: Needs optimization, too many trees after the first turn, FPS drops by 5-15 fps.

6. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Track: All
    Car: All
    Report:
    When Ask CC Spotter via voice command to pit this lap , he say ok , then on the track, before pitting I tell him to use pit-strategy ....eg:Default or Wet . The Car starts jacking up while driving and I can't see over the Dash even if I use VR Reset position button. Is this a known issue ? ATM I don't use the pit strategy voice command just set it in setup section before race.

7. Marg

Marg Active Member

rack & Layout Used: Long Beach
    Car Used: Formula*USA
    Report: in champioship mode - extra point for pole position (using that Formula Ultimate 2020 point scoring system) is given to a wrong driver (not the one who was on the pole!).

• Like Like x 1
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car: P3 - MetalMoro Duratec
    Settings: Using Logitech 7.1 headset with the "headphones" mix disabled.
    Report: The car engine sound mix is way too low compared to any other car. The engine is "over muffled". Especially audible, when comparing the exact same Duratec car in the P4 class.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  9. rmagid1010

Car Used: Brabham F-Retro G1
    Report: In 'TV' cam, the driver arm clips through the cockpit when shifting

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

20220118001617_1.jpg TRACK all
    Car Ultima road car
    Report Car in ams 2 garage and in rl has low road height (RL factory spec car is 120mm) Default in game is lower but show very high
    On track and stationary while on track height is very high.
    Effect handling RL yes. AMS2 unknown

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  11. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Watkins Glen all layouts
    Car Used: Any
    Report: Going wide on turn 1 and gaining time doesn't register as a cut penalty.
    Please fix.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Note that this is not out-of-bounds in NASCAR races there nor was it when Indy Car ran there. So there isn't really hard rule to fix there.

13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

In addition to this FFB issue I'm still suffering with, I just can't get the feeling in the game pre latest update. After finding the time to try a few more cars, they all feel like they've gone backwards by some distance.

It's hard to decipher while the FFB is feeling so broken for me. But it's not a specific issue such as tyres regards initial 'bite', or 'lateral grip'. It's an overall grip level.
    The grip has reduced to a level that's just nowhere near what it was. A level that is much less realistic. This coupled with the FFB issue has made the game feel horrid for me.

I uploaded a video to YT on the 31st December (V1.3.1.1) and the game felt 'OK', then the update dropped right afterwards (V1.3.2.0) and it instantly felt horrible, and has done since. And that's with literal A-B testing. Same cars, same conditions etc.

In fact I'd say the old throttle input issue was never properly resolved either.
    One of the absolute worst affected cars, is the Opala Old Stock Race. Breathe and I mean breathe on the throttle and it spins up, you can not set off without spinning up. In fact this thing will spin up at 70+mph in 3rd gear while at high RPM like it's nothing. Where is the torque drop off?
    Where is the bogging down at low rpm in high (Low) gears? It drives like it has 800lb/ft at 1k/10mph in 2nd gear and 7k/70+mph in 3rd gear with a completely unrealistic torque curve while feeling like it's sat on plastic tyres.

It's hard to know what the game's supposed to feel like anymore, there's so much that's broken and so much inconsistency that I just don't trust any of it, from the menu system to the physics.

Literally just had this happen when I ran out of fuel while testing:
    Buggy visuals - Check.
    Stationary brake application initiating g-force meter - Check.
    And that's without the car(s) feeling horrid.

*Awaits comments of 'Delete folders, setups, change setup etc etc'. I never create setups, I always run default, I always delete folders as good measure. I always recalibrate (In fact I have to as that's another bug as far as Logitech gear).
    Hoping things will at the very least be reverted to previous (V1.3.1.1) update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I think there is. Just because Nascar/Indy Car was OK with it, doesn't mean other series don't consider that an unfair advantage gained. If people want to run wide without a penalty they can just turn OFF track penalties in the multiplayer menu. If penalties are turned ON then obviously that should count as a track boundary penalty because the amount of run off room you can use to gain advantage is super large.

15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you elaborate?

16. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if it help or if it's my system but I use Logitech and I also have to recalibrate my pedals all the time otherwise they will be on/off switch with no gradient. The wheel rotation seems to stick better but I just recalibrate everytime I play. It's no biggy, it takes only a minute.

17. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Version 1.3.2
    Car: F-Classic Gen 3 (but applies to all series)

Issue: Create a custom AI file that uses all 26 livery slots. In a single-race, if I choose 25 AI opponents, the car I am driving will have that AI excluded. So, if I choose car A, then the AI cars will be B through Z.

However, in a custom championship, it will select the 25 AI drivers randomly. So, I pick livery A, the AI may end up with liveries A-P and R-Z, meaning that A is duplicated and Q is left out.

The custom AI thread states, "Now, to race with a custom grid with only the drivers that you have overriden, you simply start a event in AMS2 with the desired opponent classes and select a number of AI opponents less or equal to the total number of AI drivers that you have overriden for those classes." That works for single races but not custom championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Spuunami

Spuunami New Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: Porsche 911 GT3 R
    Report: Had an off coming out of clark curve which lasted a bit up brabham straight, whilst cars are in the pits. This has registered me as passing a car off track. I have 30 seconds to give the position back, he doesnt come out of the pits in time, im given a time penalty, the only way for me to serve that penalty is reverse up the pit lane.
    I have saved the replay, dont know where the folder is, if any one can help im willing to upload.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  19. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Londrina short
    Car Used: Caterham Superlight
    Report: Attempted to make a setup change to fuel and save it and the whole application locked up, had to reboot.

20. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Posted almost a year ago and still the same