1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I realize that I had not explore some of the tracks simply because I forgot to scroll the layout pane.

Suggestion
    Please add the total amount of layouts available (as shown in my mock-up example below) after the name of the track. It would help remind users there might be some unseen gems sleeping undiscovered.

upload_2022-1-15_14-7-24.png

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. VFX Pro

A Time Trial overall leaderboard needed across all cars and all tracks, more bonus points for more cars and tracks used in TT model and more points as one rank higher for each car/track combo. It might encourage participation and purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Like this brilliant Free , all sim in one place, timing and Telemetry system United Racing Data

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

With the risk of going overboard let me add to that list, please consider:
    Jerez 1985-1991
    Brands Hatch 1960-1975, 1976-1987
    Silverstone 1987-1990
    Hockenheim 1992/93
    Monza 1972/73, 1974/75, 1995-1999
    Indianapolis Road Course 2000-2007
    Azure/Monaco 1986-1996, 1975-1985
    Cascais/Estoril 1994-1997, pre 1994
    Montreal 1979-1986, 1991-1993
    Long Beach (US GP West)
    Spa 2004/05

For these tracks the layout would be the same, but kerbs, runoff areas, buildings, billboards and thus the entire feel would be different:
    Spielberg/A1 Ring ca 1997
    Interlagos ca early 90's, maybe 2000's too.
    Donington Park ca 1993
    Jerez 1994/1997

Maybe one of AMS2 spearheads can be to become the go-to historic formula racing! In that case circuits like Catalunya, Hungaroring, Magny-Cours, Buenos Aires, Albert Park and Sepang would be great additions.

A dream would be historic Zandvoort, but I don't know if anyone outside of the Netherlands would care for that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Write out the results of single-player races and custom championships to some type of text files. The tool itself works fine in game, but once races are done or the championship is done, all memory of it is erased. Having that info. somewhere would be nice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Boost gauge next to the tachometer in the hud?

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please, remove this behaviour when hosting lobbies: if you join a public/private lobby, the next time you want to host your own server it copies the settings from the last lobby you joined.

Makes no sense to behave this way. A proper behaviour would be loading the last host settings you defined in the last server hosted by yourself.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a few performance enhancing features I'd like to see added.
    SPS, VRSS, DLSS and Nvidia reflex.
    And whatever AMD equivalent there are.

One in-game feature I'd like to see adjusted....when in an online lobby and leave I would like to be returned to the mp main page and not sent back to the main home page where I have to re enter multiplayer tab.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

DLSS would improve a lot of game performance and quality, even for VR users!
    Maybe it's time to think about implementing it in madness engine.

I know that VR users are still a minority, but here in 2022, there's a lot of new VR users to come with the trending of the metaverse.

Automobilista 2 in VR is already a must-have experience. Why not making it even more accessible making it compatible with DLSS.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

The ability to enable interior ( neon) lights for certain vehicles for night racing to help illuminate the interior.

Yellow headlights for certain classes in multi class ex. GT

• Like Like x 1
  11. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

I could not find an option to set a deadzone at the end of an axis, like it was possible in AMS1. There is an option for deadzones, but I afaik it only affects the low end of it. @Shriukan kindly pointed out that it's possible to set one via calibration, it would be nice if this was done properly, as it can be difficult to set a precise amount using this method

12. VFX Pro

Please vote on my High Beam request. At this time, night racing is difficult, since the low beams are too low and don't point far enough for a car going 250KM/H!!

The Feature Request Thread...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

Just a thought, but it would be nice to have a few more body shapes in the ARC class. Surely the Toyota & Merc could be included as a bare minimum?

• Like Like x 4
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

MP Lobby list by: ping, drivers connected, session type (p/q/r)

MP lobby filter by: empty lobby, full lobby, accessible (i.e. not single class of unowned dlc car), has no ai

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

FFB save per car
    Key binding for Lfb and damping adjustment on track

Please Reiza devs!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nupol

Nupol New Member

Offline time trial with different names for friends!!!!!

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Kurupt CDN

Automatic FFB set up button which saves per car ffb setting like iRacing.

Drive a few laps, click auto ffb...adjust if needed, click custom FFB option in the menu and done.

As it stands your your bouncing between the tuning menu and controller menu to adjust things

Edit: I must be overlooking something, as I don't understand why you would disagree with a suggestion that would make a process easier based on each individual wheels strengths?
    The game already saves the adjusted FFB strength per car, so why not add the other 3 sliders?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jouni Korte

Jouni Korte New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.2
    Request Title: In Time Trial mode reset conditions (tires, brakes etc.) after every lap.
    Description: In other racing sims (ACC/Raceroom/iRacing) the Time Trial/Hotlap mode works so that tire/brake temps/wear etc. get reset after every single lap, so each lap is run in identical conditions. It would be preferred to change/fix AMS2 Time Trial mode to work in similar way.
    Benefits: Although resetting the conditions between laps is a tradeoff between realism and usability, I think that in Time Trial mode the usability greatly outweights absolute realism. Being able to run each lap in identical conditions enables the driver to concentrate on hunting the best possible single lap time, which is what this mode is all about in my opinion, and continue doing that in a flow without interruptions as long as he likes. Currently user has to keep restarting Time Trial after a few laps to keep the conditions optimal. So in a way user is now doing manually what the game could do for him automatically without need to navigate and click on menus and lose the flow.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

@Jouni Korte I and maybeee most(?) of the serious users :D of TT does probably 100% agree with you.
    But as I have told you in another thread then it looks like the TT mode in AMS2 is more or less neglected by the devs.
    At least compared to most other of the serious racing games/sims.
    Because if you want to compare TT laptimes in a fair way then you cant do it in a game where lap 1 are driven under complete other circumstances than lap 2.

But :ThumbsUp for your reporting this issue/"bug". ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. David Farmer

David Farmer New Member

Hi is there away

If your having a race say GT1 with friends and you want to put AI on and have them on GT3 (only) having them on GT3 and not mixed like it is at the moment. If you have a race with 2 classes can we have a option to choose.

• Like Like x 2