1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

What's in it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Adding a time stamp and game version to time trial leaderboards would be SO VALUABLE... I do a lot of time trials as well...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Retro Gen 3

4. nemesis

nemesis Member

I think the dude you responded to doesn’t realise that all timetrials had been wiped previously ffs we ain’t deleting again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

The problem is the leaderboards have literally just been wiped with a complete reset.
    But the other problem is V1.3 was absolute a gamechanger, 90% felt spot on, then came V1.3.1 or 2 and the game went weird again.
    So you see we have a slight issue when the driving physics seem to change every update, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

A time stamp would be enough (IMO).
    Because then can everybody figure out if it is set before/after an UPD.

But my personal oppinion is that TT is as example much more "professional"/whole hearted included in Raceroom and iRacing. Where you can both see the dates on the lap listings but also (at least in Raceroom) se your "live" position when you cross the line with a new PS laptime.
    In AMS2 its completely bullocks because you cannot even save your current setup without having to exit and then start a new TT session up again :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree.

Timestamp will clutter the UI even more. As for filters, the more options you add, the more cluttered the UI gets.

It doesn't help that AMS2 has chosen a very odd font and overall UI design. Not the worst out there for sure, but yet... odd.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has to be useful, before being pretty... there is no cluttering at the moment, we just need an extra column with date stamp.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. nemesis

nemesis Member

Bare in mind the cars always received improvements of which made them better to drive however they slowed a lot down with various bop changes hense the big reset. Why users are stressing over time stamps etc is beyond me… if you manage to be top 1% then your capable to do it no matter what build is ever put in front of you guys
    The only reason I see valuable is for the those with a book of excuses ‘he only beat me because he’s on version 1.4.5’lol

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All this discussion of fixed set-ups is fascinating to me--did not know it was such a passionate issue for so many.

But reality check--there will never be a mandatory imposition of fixed set-ups or a mandatory exclusion of fixed set-ups. It will always be the host/user's choice, so doesn't it make more sense to spend energies promoting online activity in whichever camp you prefer rather than arguing with the other side about it in a forum? There are many preferences with good reasons on all sides of the issue. Do people really think they are going to change the hearts and minds of others here via argument?

Let's move out of the Facebook-style, polarized sledgehammering and just accept that different people want to use race sims in various ways for their own enjoyment. Go out and set-up servers or be impromptu hosts for whichever approach you prefer!! I will join either one if there are settings tipped towards the realistic end of the spectrum and it's populated with serious, passionate racers :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Oh nice
    Anyone here driven them yet? They any good right now?

12. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

I dunno mate, Im not even home half the time Im posting on here.
    Not sure how Im supposed to setup a server without my rig… :D

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They're considerably WIP still, so not worth a deep assessment yet! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

My sentiments exactly. I honestly don't know how more haven't noticed or spoken about it.
    My experience:
    * v1.3 - Make video, feels 'OK', perhaps even 'Good'. (Still completely unrealistic inputs/torque curves etc knocking about but still.)
    * v1.3.2 - Update drops, same car/track literally straight away - Feels horrid FFB and physics wise.
    * Test others, and yep most cars now feel worse than previous to 1.3.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Excited to hear F Retro Gen 3 is coming, but the CART content can't come soon enough... :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Ah come on you cant be serious my good man.
    I take it humorously as you are just contradicting for contradictions sake :D
    Check this out.
    More cluttered?

1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More often than not the fastest guys are setting their wheels with very little FFB and an uber uber uber over-cranked DOR value. That is the way to be fast in simracing in most sims... You just need to get used to the feeling :D

19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

But the lad with an old dualshock 1 juryrigged to his PC will overtake the MOMO dude while listening to eurobito and giving him a finger.

It's the wheel that will elevate your power level to over 9000

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Only those who have special visual acuity capabilities. Like any "video game," there will be people who can excel by focusing on a singular input stream--in this case visual. Frustratingly, they may be faster than anyone else, including real racers with proven skills and experience who often trip over sims at least initially until they have "re-learned" the patterns and methods of control.

Most "regular" people benefit from a wide(r) range of sensory inputs, especially if they can replicate (or even just provide an analogue to) a real vehicle. It's why F1 team simulators are full motion rigs and not just a visual simulator.

Because race sim hardware is mix-and-match (unlike a real race car), most of us will find ourselves re-learning how to best drive and race multiple times as our rigs evolve over time. In a real race car, even a humble F-Trainer, the most dramatic transition from a road car is the power of the brakes, which are quantum steps more effective. Moving to load cell brakes was by the far biggest transition in my sim world...much more impactful than moving from a Logi G wheel to a Fanatec or having a solid metal shifter instead of plastic toy version. The brakes are much closer to reality, though I would say are still the least realistic of any component. Despite that, video game experts with twitch reaction and hand/foot-eye co-ordination can wipe me off the track using a Logi G with possibly the worst sim pedals in the industry. They don't need realistic feedback to be fast--they have superior timing and visual acuity. Put them in a real race car, over a race length in tough weather conditions, and things might be quite different.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2