Hoping Reiza 2017 will have a career mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Brent Mills, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

I picked up Project Cars the other day on sale and despite handling that feels very simplified compared to AMS and RF2, I'm thoroughly enjoying the career mode. It really is a nice change of pace to be taking part in a challenge set by somebody else. AMS has championships yes, but you don't get the same feeling of progression a full blown career provides.

I think if it could be done well, it would encourage the masses to give it a try. I mean if P Cars was able to do so well with lacklustre handling, imagine how well Reiza 2017 could do with dx11 graphics , an engaging career AND superb handling. This could then mean a success breeds success circle and finally we have a multiplayer lobby that's not totally dead which can rival assetto corsa.

I know I will buy it regardless, but I'm really hoping it's not going to be just another sandbox, 'here's some cars, go drive them' type game. We already have too many of those in RF2, AMS and AC (yeh AC has career but it sucks). I really hope Reiza 2017 is going to break the mould.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Rafael

Rafael New Member

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope so too.
    Hopefully @Renato Simioni can chime in and shed some light on this.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@gdubmx
    Sorry mate, can you explain me which game are you playing?
    Championship mode 2017
    Not to be rude, I am on every forum (AMS, AC, Sector3, Studio397, RD...I am a noob or the slowest one on the track so I need to learn) so I can understand why you write on each of them but...seriously, same questions but changing who lacks or who do best based on the forum where you write? :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. gdubmx

Sorry @DaVeX I kinda get what you are saying but don't really understand fully..
    Me asking for a championship mode on ams and agreeing the sandbox feel of rf2 is overdone is not changing my answers to suit another forum, at no point have I stated I love the way rf2 does their singleplayer stuff. My studio 397 posts ain't supposed to put ams down nor are my reiza posts supposed to me put rf2 down, simply put ams and rf2 are my favourite sims in both of which I'd love an extensive carwer/championship mode. I'm not here to argue with anyone, so please spare me the passive troll if that's what you intend and lets move on. :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yeah mate, no intention to make offence to you, maybe is a problem related to language barrier (eng isn't my native one) so sorry if I sounded rude. I am not saying you are a troll, I was just confused by your posts because you seems to praise the work of each dev studio (so you are not putting down them) but not in their forums (stay alert because this can be dangerous, I saw a lot of sim-wars starting because of this, lol) but yeah move on...sorry again if I sounded rude.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gdubmx

No problem dude. :)

8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

The big issue with appealing to the masses is that you bring with it a huge amount of awful players that play these games with little regard for race ettiqutte and the online experience becomes much poorer. Being niche the online experience is so much better but naturally I wish Reiza to do well so I wouldnt hold it against them to appeal to more players.

I would propose that if the game were to appeal to a larger audience that during this career mode and online there are systems in place that activley discourage and or punish for bad behaviour. It doesnt need to be as deep as say iRacing but the old credit system in Rfactor reworked could discourage people that activley ruin races once they realise that it costs game credits for them to particiapte (buying faster series vehicles), pay track fines for poor driving (pit exit speeds etc) and fix damaged cars and they are required to race clean in SP or MP to keep earn credits (probably best make it a reiza server side thing or players will use cheat trainers to boost credits).

A well thought out penalty system that will forbid/discourage bad drivers from activley seeking out a crash from the get go and it may help stop this ever growing problem of racing games that sell well thats attracts people that are bad sports persons and care little for the race ettiquette/sportsmanship that goes with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind having career mode as long as it's optional and not required to unlock other parts of the game.
    PCars does this very well, there's a career mode where one can start at the bottom and work their way up, unlock invitational events, etc, but there's also a solo mode where everything is unlocked from the start and one has access to all the game's content and can do whatever they like.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally think a "true sim", as they're called, would be better served to have a lesson focused career mode rather than the traditional racing game career mode. A "racing school" that teaches everything from the basics of apexes, keeping control of the dang car, and shifting gears all well before actual racing and passing and being passed and differences between cars. Have skid pads to feel and understand oversteer and understeer with an "instructor" explaining it all, informational videos on things from tire pressure to fuel management, setups with popup notifications explaining theories behind adjustments, etc etc etc etcccccccccccccccccc. Never could have too much info. Then throw in plenty of sandbox hotlap times in between all the lessons to watch yourself improve.

Sure a career mode with progression through disciplines and progressively more difficult AI can be fun. But I think it doesn't fit a sim sim as well as a driving school would. I'd take both sure. But you don't even need elaborate AI at all for lessons and giving information. And all of it still translates directly to better personal on track performance better than solely figuring out how to 'cheese' the AI in a new car. You also don't have to scare sim racing veterans with bad noob drivers if the noobs learn everything they need to in one place instead of all over the web in scattered bits and pieces. Teach them how to be a racer in a single player environment to prepare them for multi.

That said, easy to access custom championships with AI modifiers and more single player options are an absolute must for any sandbox game in my opinion. Including sim racing. That's the way I see things as a noob myself anyway. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Metalogic

Metalogic New Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be fantastic, especially for sim racing noobs like me, most race sims these days seem to assume you've been playing sims for years and know what you're doing, which makes it hard for newcomers to engage with them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't much care for career mode; a great feeling sandbox is all I really want or need. That said, I do see how it could be important for others, so I'm all for it.

The driving school suggestion, with included challenges and all, is even better. I would play that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. skiptor

skiptor New Member AMS2 Club Member

Meh. If championships are well implemented I can hop from karts to formula rookie on my own without having someone send me in-game e-mails to tell me I have been promoted. I'll do the championship and move on to the next one.

But a racing school with a skid pad / test track / cones and challenges... now you're talking!

• Like Like x 1