1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we upgrade to Win 11?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

As the title says: should we go on win 11 (in terms of stability and performance)? Or should we wait?

Anyone who is already in win11?

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Win 10 is good enough for me. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, i'll keep win10 till they dont make update anymore, thats in 4 years from now roughly.

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use W11 for a few months now and i see no reason to wait. It works perfect, had no problems so far. It was also very easy and fast to update, all my settings were still the same as before update.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Thanks guys for your answers :)

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I just recently got a new stock gaming PC with Win11 pre-installed. The only issue so far is a high RAM use in idle, around 3,7GB. Not an issue for a 32GB RAM system, but was definately an issue with my older PC with only 8GB.

All my thrustmaster peripherals work perfectly with Win11, can't say anything about Logitech because I gave all the Logitech stuff away.

7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There was another thread about W11 posted a few weeks long and somebody mentioned issues with gaming in VR.

8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have Simtools (motion rig), do not upgrade until the upcoming version is coming out shortly.

9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

According the update checker my system is not compatible with win 11. Lol. MS is crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My monthly PC bible the german PCgames&HW have compared the fps difference in a lot of games between Win10 and Win11.
    Most games are the same or slightly lower in Win11.
    But a few ones are actually faster.
    Hehe a few ones :p

So I see no reason to downgrade from my loyal Win7 :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I built a new machine over the Christmas holiday and did a fresh install of Windows 11, as well as my surface pro tablet kept nagging me to upgrade so I gave in to that as well. For the most part it has been a pretty seamless transition, everything has worked so far, including my biggest worry, WMR.
    I actually quite liked the tiles and icons in Win 10, so that isn't an improvement as tablet mode is gone (so the surface pro is in desktop mode) but it's a small niggle.
    Biggest drawback I can find so far is the right click context menu where you have to click on 'other option' to get the full menu, but again that's only a minor thing.
    Other than that it seems to work ok, performance on my new machine is much better anyway as I went from 7700K to 12600K, so with a five generation leap you'd expect it to be a bit slicker.

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

When attempting to update my system BIOS, it caused my Mobo to not recognize the OS drive (SSD NVMe) any longer, so I had to reformat. I took that as an opportunity install Windows11 and I like it overall. Everything seems to work quite well, and performance is good.

13. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I think it depends if your computer is Intel of AMD based, from what I've heard. On AMD systems, you have to enable fTPM (firmware TPM) to be hardware compatible with Windows 11, while Intel systems have dedicated TPM hardware. On certain AMD systems this (from the conjecture I've heard) seems to introduce random stutters (and crackly audio too), and there's no consensus as to why this happens on some AMD systems and not on others, but Intel systems seem unaffected.

For now, I'm happy to wait.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I am going to wait more. I will disable my bios fTPM too just to be on the safe side. Thanks again :)

15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Play it safe, stick with Intel and Nvidia for wider support.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

i upgraded my ryzen 5 based system to win 11 last week, had to change that bios item , but that was easy.
    update works well and have not any issues running ams2 , both before and after.
    in fact i’ve been doing a fair bit of experimenting with graphics this week to see how much i can push it and have not been able to produce any stuttering even with settings that i would have expected it just because it’s past what you would expect to run with a humble system.

17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The whole discussion is a bit futile. It will go the same way as with every version of Windows... sooner or later you can't avoid the update. Just look at what happened with ACC: Win10 is now the minimum requirement since the last major Update and the game will simply not start, nor run under anything older than Win10 H21 H1.

It's just like insisting on doing home office in 2022 with landline phone and e-mail only.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The upgrade rule is simple: wait for the Service Pack 1 available for next OS* and then consider the update.

* excludes Windows Me, Vista, 8 :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Do we have DonaldD back as president here?
    Because this is plain fake facts - my good man :rolleyes:
    Just because of you "information" I just started ACC up 1 min ago.
    No problem - except that I still dont like the feeling of ACC;)

Tinfoil "fact" like this was probably because some guys after an ACC upd about 1-2 weeks ago got the conspiracy theory that because they couldnt start ACC up was because ACC conspired with MS to force people to install Win10/11.

So be a bit hesitant to publish such fake fact as fact my good man - OK? :)