1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 -Time to Beat The Best! Can We Set The F309 World Record at Guapore?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ralonso, Jan 16, 2022.

1. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

I've always wanted a motion rig. I looked at the H3/P3 and H6/P6 from Dofreality but never pulled the trigger. What do you have?

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. VFX Pro

Motion rigs provide an additional layer of muscle memory (how hard you brake, or when the rear-end is about to go, etc...). But surprisingly enough, the most immersive part, is the 6x buttkickers.

4. ControlLogix

5. VFX Pro

I started with Indianapolis 500 using a keyboard, then got Microsoft wheel that rested on my laps, and every year put money aside to upgrade 1 piece of hardware at a time. Took 10 years to get there... Also, I have a very supportive wife... LOL

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  6. ControlLogix

Ah yes Indy 500 by Papyrus. I remember running that on DOS as a kid. Took a break for a while then bought my first wheel and got STCC the game back in the day. Good times. Things have come a long way lol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This cannot be correct!
    I mean that a semi-lousy driver like me can hold all the WR on ImolaHisto72 in the 6x US Carts.
    But at least at the moment that is a fact.:rolleyes:

But it would be a bit more challenging if some drivers able to create their own setups would join
    - or maybe some of the special breed of drivers able to run default setups fast would like to show it.

Gamers who only is able to copy others setups are not considered overly welcome :D

ImolaHistoric72.jpg

8. BrunoB

Just had to check out Racerooms new Indy oval - because nobody challenged me at Imola Histo.
    Hehe and without having mandatory to accept people stealing my very speziales custom setup, then after only 8 laps of rather boring (IMO) oval cruising one stubborn competitor was still slightly above me.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Eventhough Raceroom does a lot of things right I still consider AMS2´s physics and specially TM in quite another league.
    At least conserning the formula cars I like.

IndySpeedway.jpg

9. ControlLogix

Done :D Although I think with a custom setup I could decrease this quite a bit. Default setup makes no sense on a high speed track like this.

3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With a little know-how, you can actually make one for under $500 using windshield wiper motors.
    My buddy did it, and to be honest, I was quite skeptical that a windshield wiper motor could move a near 200lb, but boy was I wrong LOL

11. BrunoB

Thank you guys - multo appreciated :D
    Specially the laptime of Mistar 006
    - I honestly didnt imagined it was possible to get under 1:11 ;)
    And then with a default setup!!! :whistle:

Haha this is some ammo against the stubborn camp who want more fixed setup leagues/events because they consider custom setups kinda unfair advantage.
    Take this :p

ByTheWay: After I worked to top the TT LBs on the 3 new Raceroom Indy layouts in their FR US I feel I have to at least try to better my time on Imola Historic in the AMS2 Honda Cart thing.
    Hehe but I doubt it is possible pour moi :mad:

TT.jpg

12. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

IF you tab out of the game after completing a TT lap and close it with task manager it usually will save the laptime but not the ghost or setup if you do not wish to share your setup.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ralonso

Ralonso Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I should have to come back! If only I had the time....:rolleyes: but some day I will retry to get my 1rst Position back! :p:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. BrunoB

Thank you @ramsay - good info :whistle:
    Had I just seen it before I topped RA in one of the new Carts.:mad:
    Haha now I can only watch other people "stealing" my setup :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Erzurum

Erzurum Salvador Street Circuit Fan

Would you consider it stealing if someone get your setup and adapt it to his own needs and style ? (As in not simply copy paste your work).

I've been guilty of this, not from the same people, but still I sometimes like to go from someone setup just to see if my own logic is valid. (Then I end up modifying the brake balance and suspensions and I spin out in shame).

It helped me craft my own setup from scratch. Which I happily share because I dont value them much. (Because they are not good :whistle:)

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Is is stealing if they are using a different car than you? :)
    From what I've seen most people at the top are using the Reynard Toyota.
    I tried a few laps, only changes I made were set steering lock to 15, front suspension to 150, and brake bias to 55F/45R. I have to try it again later with proper gear ratios.

17. BrunoB

To both of you I consider it "stealing" when people who mostly dont know a thing about setting a virtual car up (or refuses to learn it :rolleyes: ) use others setup creations instead of using the default setups Reiza does offer.
    Just like @Jugulador I want to be able to decide who I will offer a setup I have used several hours to create.
    Haha and often its the same people who are "stealing" setups who proudly announce that there should be a lot more events with socalled "fixed" setups - so people who are able to create custom setups can be handicapped.

ByTheWay: One of the reasons I have felt it urgent to create my own setups is because Im forced to use a fully handcontrolled controller setup so I cannot use any Default setup. Even if I would.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This helps. A lot ! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It is not cheat because the game let you do it as a intended ingame feature. Would be cheat if you use some other program (like CheatEngine, for example) that change your performance ingame.

But the feature is anti sportive because it benefit the more skilled drivers, but not only take away the advantage of "mechanics" (that is also a very important skill, both in simulation and real life and is as important as skill itself) but also penalize the player that spent a lot of time setting the own car (I, for example, use to need to put at least half an hour to come with a good setting... usually even more... more than two hours is not uncommon).

As I said, Reiza can accommodate both kinds of players... give an option to don't share setups at the same time that allow people to filter the LB seeing only players with default settings... them, if someone don't want to waste time setting the car or want only to compete against the skilled folks, don't even have to see the other times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ControlLogix

So much time spent talking about setups on here and who's stealing who's setups. None of that matters when 3 of the top 4 are using default setup and your custom setup is 2s slower. Focus on your driving skills and forget about trying to find the secret recipe by tweaking the setup and stop complaining about it since you obviously need to work on your racecraft instead of the setup! :D 4.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1