1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't need them cause most of the times everyone is in front of me :D

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All I'm hoping for with Pt. 3 is some sort of grassroots oval content. NASCAR is great, but small, local, dirt or tarmac ovals are a huge part of American motorsport culture. Doesn't have to be a real place, can be a fictional track that would be easy to develop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know its not an oval, but I hope that COTA somehow makes it into ams2. The version in pc2 is already very nice so i don't think it will need much work to bring it to ams2 standards.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am least excited about pt3 and not because I dislike ovals, but more of concern if it isn't done well including mainly racing rules and ai behavior. In my opinion it makes no sense to release it unless someone who likes oval racing can have a good and representative experience. If it is just "We have ovals and stockcars" and not the other key things that make oval racing what it is, you're setting yourself up for failure.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. rmagid1010

I think Indianapolis and Texas motor speedway are very likely to be included in part iii because they're in pc2, so i think reiza will be able to pick some shorter ovals of their choice since the speedways have already been mostly done.

6. chaigneau

chaigneau New Member

the USA 2 pack is still not complete? it makes no sense.

7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza doesnt port stuff from PC2, they make all from scratch, Azure was the last and the only one from PC2 until they did their own version shortly ago if i remember correctly

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Bolded, italicized, underlined and redded as this is by far much more important than any content addition.

AMS2 content, as is, is a solid 9.5/10
    AMS2 polishing, as is, is a solid 4/10
    AMS2 triple screen support is a 11/10, thanks a lot for this! Having 3 different monitors is no problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

The new lazer scanned version is leagues better than the old PC2 one. I spent so much time on both of them... :rolleyes:

10. GodzillaGTR

Agreed. It's not like there are a bunch of people out there waiting for AMS2 to get oval racing so that they finally buy the game. If it isn't done well it will only be another criticism of the game. If on the other hand they took an extra 6 months and offered a solid offline championship oval experience, well then I think you're looking at a much different and more positive outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. rmagid1010

Yes i am well aware, but trackside objects from pc2 are used as it speeds up the process of building the track, ik the track mesh is reizas own work

• Like Like x 1
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to clarify the discussions about SMS / Reiza track assets

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

• Like Like x 1
  13. DavidGossett

PC2 made this mistake, gave a handful of oval cars and only 3 tracks (5 if you count Monza and the ice oval) and no full course cautions. There was technically oval content, but not enough to really make it worthwhile. The GoFastClub discord has been running ovals in PC2 on Thursdays. It's been surprisingly fun, but we've definitely found it's limitations.

iRacing has shown there is definitely interest in oval content, but you have to get it right. I like the way they handle starts with the AI safety car way better than the currently buggy way that PC2/AMS2 handle formation laps/rolling starts.

(Edit: also the rolling start lap counter bug has never been fixed and still causes confusion.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GodzillaGTR

Are you the same David Gossett that was racing in the 1 lap sprints yesterday? Was a lot of fun and you are fantastically fast!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do mis the cheese talk. i am dutch so i know **** about racing, but cheese i know

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

laugh-max-verstappen.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

18. DavidGossett

ui1hpJSyBDWlG.gif

That was actually a ton of fun! Random grids always make the race interesting, especially when you don't have a lot of time to make overtakes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It's the swiss that do not know anything about circuit racing, but all about cheese. Racing is officially forbidden in Switzrland since 1955 as a aftermath of the horrible Le Mans accident in 1954, hence, there are no racetracks in Switzerland.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Great post, sums up my feelings well. PCARS2 is a great example of a game that had no focus and spread itself too thin, did a lot of things but none of them with depth - I fear that one of three US packs for AMS2 being dedicated to it will be the same - it will either need a HUGE amount of resource to make it immersive, that could be spent elsewhere, or it will be well done and not have enough content to really delve in. And if we do, will we be able to run a championship that has oval versions of cars for ovals and road course versions for circuits?

It would be like trying to wedge rallycross into a circuit racing ga..... oh, wait.

Well Reiza did a good job with safety cars in AMS, so I guess they've taken the "do it properly" route at least. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2