1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T300 RS GT steering issues.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Derek, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Derek

Derek New Member

I am completely new to this game and this wheel. I have searched forums/Reddit/YouTube and have most of my settings to what I think is correct but having an issue with steering. I have the drivers of the wheel set to 900 degrees and I believe this wheel adjusts rotation based on car selected?

For testing I am using a fwd drive low horsepower car and it takes almost a full lock turn to get it to even start turning a bit.

Maybe I am doing something wrong in wheel calibration from in game settings? Sorry this is my first sim with a wheel ever.

With the wheel dead center I turn the wheel as much to right until I hit a stop and cant turn anymore and it read “100” I click next and it says to hold the wheel 90 degrees.

Should I just click finish since the wheel is sitting 90 degrees after the first calibration? Or should I center it and then move it to 90 degrees? If I leave it as is with out moving the wheel it reads 180.

The only option I have found that makes it somewhat work is setting wheel drivers to lower settings like 360 degrees for turning and it reacts better.

many suggestions would be much appreciated

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The 90° Degrees refers to the physical position of the wheel. To set the wheel right, turn it to the right till 900° in calibration. The 1080° setting of the TM T300 does not work right anyway with the softlock in most games.

3. Derek

Derek New Member

Thank you for the quick reply, I may have resolved my issue, in driver settings do you have “auto-center” settings set to “by the wheel” or the recommended “by the game”

I changed it to “by the wheel” and things changed dramatically. In calibration the wheel actually had resistance this time. I turned it as much as I could to the right and when I released the wheel it actually returned to center on it own. For the 90 degree calibration the wheel had centered itself, previously it would not move on its own and stayed in a 90 degree position from the previous calibration.

4. McClutch

I would not tinker with the driver settings at all, just use default. Every aspect can be tuned in game options.

5. Derek

Derek New Member

O
    put ‘em back to default, playing with in game settings according to your advice. I think a lot has to to do with my inexperience with both the game and wheel in general.

6. McClutch

try my T300 seetings if you like

Default+
    Gain: 65
    Low Force Boost: 25
    FX: 55
    Damping: 5
    Menu Spring: 10 (does nothing in regard to in game FFB)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

When you do the first calibration in game, then you have to manually recenter and turn the wheel to 90º to finish the second calibration process. For this second calibration, I center the wheel and turn it to the right after the game reading shows 900º, then save and that's it.

Another thing you have to check is steering linearity, it needs to be at 50 to have a 1:1 representation in the game.

About driver settings, autocenter needs to be managed by the game.

After that, you have to tune your desired FFB settings. You can use @McClutch settings posted above for a good reference starting point.

Good luck!

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know about other TM wheels but on TX (default 900° at CP) during calibration phase 2, turning to 90° the slide will assign 870°. You must accept this to have that 1:1 representation in the game.

9. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Yes, it might be the case too. It depends on the hardware. There is a tool in TM driver to calibrate wheel's center too, may be it's off center which leads the game to get a different max angle when calibrated at 90º.

Anyway, the worst you can get is the game registering a little less than 900º rotation, but the 1:1 relationship will be right.

10. BobS

BobS New Member

So let me make sure I have this straight.
    1) Turn all the way to the right until the wheel locks and hit next.
    2) Recenter the wheel to where it was before you started turning in step 1.
    3) Turn the wheel (does it matter which way?) until it reads 900 and then hit save.

Is that right?

11. Derek

Derek New Member

Yes this is what worked for me, haven’t had a chance to fine tune anything yet but this worked.

12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

regarding (3):
    when turning wheel 90º not every brand/model will match 900, better use 90º displacement irrespective the nominal DOR of your wheel.
    For my TM TX 90º => 870
    Anyway, final check is 1:1 correspondence sim(wheel) : virtual(wheel) till lock right or left.