1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want infinite bumps, I can recommend the FRetro G3 at Historic Kyalami. Adjust g-force and head movement settings until it no longer makes you lose your lunch. ;)

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Things like wall collision being switched off are small build mistakes that can happen with any human-based operation - this has nothing to do with the overall production of the track.

if you are following AMS2 for long enough - and lets face it most if not everyone in this thread are - you know a) this kind of issue can and often happens on initial releases, and b) it will be a matter of days if not hours before the issue is rectified (as this one already has).

Beyond that, the game is colossal in size and glitches will always be present to one degree or another - you also all know that our maintenance is always ongoing and issues are constantly being rectified; it’s the nature of the project as it’s been conceived and our way of conducting its development, and while it’s perfectly understandable it’s not to everyone’s preferences, by now it should be clear whether or not it’s a ride you enjoy being on or whether maybe you should spend your time elsewhere. No value in insisting on something that doesnt cater to you unless you enjoy being frustrated :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like x 33
    • Agree x 14
    • Friendly x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
  3. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Yes, but you need to pause,adjust, pause, adjust pause.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You are not going to fire the person who made that outrageous error!?!?!?

You are not willing to announce and stick to patch and update releases down to the hour or minute?!??!

I'm leaving and will go play all the other racing sims that have no bugs or glitches and stick to strict update schedules.

Oh, there aren't any, so I guess I will still grudgingly have to use AMS 2.

</sarcasm: off>

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

You mean ..on fire?

6. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That's exactly what he means...

7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, we all know that errors can happen, its the way things are communicated, if there was more communication about whats going on it would create much more understanding.

am i right in saying that it seems with your post that we are not allowed to be critical about whats happening to AMS2, even though a lot of it is well substantiated?

maybe i understand it wrong, please enlighten me then :)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

ok...so myself and im sure most others understand the points made in regards to how things are released etc and so on, thats fine... i am however absolutely shocked that you wrote the following comment

"by now it should be clear whether or not it’s a ride you enjoy being on or whether maybe you should spend your time elsewhere"

This is not the attitude to take with paying customers, especially those that have pay good money for content already released and more importantly future content to come.
    We understand you get frustrated, i would to, but posting stuff like that isnt doing reiza any favours at all, makes it sound like you dont care either way what the customer wants or how they feel in regards to the game or development.

PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS ALL SAID WITH THE WARMEST OF FEELINGS AND LOVE FOR REIZA AND WHAT THEY DO :):):):):):):):):):hurrayreiza:

• Disagree x 13
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

That took balls. Have a medal for bravery.

• Like Like x 2
  10. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Er, all Renato said (as I read it) is that long term users should by now understand the way Reiza work (whether or not we agree with it), so if we find it all too frustrating then maybe we should spend our time doing something that frustrates us less.That's not the same as saying criticism is not accepted, that they don't care what we think, or that there aren't things they could handle in a better way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I don’t think you can read through this forum and get the impression criticism is not allowed :D clearly quite a few issues and mistakes are beyond the scope of what I refer to in my post, which is specifically about making a sport out of being agravated about relatively minor issues long time users will already know will be quickly rectified. It’s not a healthy way to spend one’s time, and it’s not constructive to devs and other users’ alike.

@BCRCGAMING , your purchase of the game doesn’t entitle you to the behavior described above mate.

• Agree Agree x 29
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't represent me or any other here, please speak for yourself!

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've seen this issues mentioned on other forms and experienced it myself several times.
    Most likely my skill level... at road america is anyone else finding that if you clip the track edge on throttle or tapping the brakes you spin out instantly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

@Renato Simioni sorry mate, i assumed opinions were allowed here.....my bad

• Dislike Dislike x 18
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are critising the person which should always be avoided. Try sticking to critising the game and you will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yes @Renato Simioni, you are completely right!
    I'm developer and programer of small industry machines with servo drives and panel for control and display. When comissionning these machines at my plant I have a test mode. But how often did I left the machine in test mode when delivered? Several times! That was annoying, customer couldn't work with it!. I had to travel to the customer to fix it, most customers are a day trip away, each direction! Just for a 5 min fix!.
    Now, I programed a button to select / unselect test mode so that I musn't travel anymore.
    But that's human being:)! And doing mistakes is the best thing what a human can do and what will differ from machines and robots.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Eric Romain

Eric Romain New Member

Same here, lost all peripherals ran by Sim Studio since the update

18. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What i would do, and what is done by Reiza are note the same. I live by deadlines, that does not mean every person shoeld. No sim is perfect find that one that is best tot you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

Go and find a dev team of a sim racing title, which is as open, active and involved with its community base as Reiza are here. Nobody would take well to the direct criticism of very minor issues when they are looking after what is a relatively small dev studio where Renato, no doubt witnesses first hand the hours his team is putting in to get this content, updates and the sim progressed to the customer in the way in which they are.

You only have to look back a few months and its being completely transformed.

Trust the process, have a little patience and remember these are humans at the other end of your keyboard.

I’m sure we’ve all missed deadlines in our life and delivered work with slight imperfections…

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Wits

Wits New Member AMS2 Club Member

He critisized the game, the person responded poorly in his view, he then critisized that response.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1