1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest systematically causing chaos and controversy on a forum on silly little stuff or on known things or just because the order of things being fixed is not that of your preference is out of touch initially and then becomes annoying for everyone, especially when it is accompanied by self promotion.
    Credibility, even when you are criticizing, is a key element both for developers and streamers.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive come across that bug with the assists being off when authentic is active. I think it happens when you drive a car that have no assists. Then you move to a car that does. The bug occured to me in a race weekend. Practice the assists were on. Quali and race they were off. I had driven the new CARTS, the F3 then went on to gt3 and DPI when I noticed the last two had assist off when they should be authentic. I tried to replicate it, but no luck. It is one of those Mystery bugs.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also a little heads up for these kind of unrelated questions. I can't always tell you immediately something satisfying here.

So just as an info, that a not given answer doesn't mean, i ignore your request, but there isn't certainty or information about that to share at this point. Which of course doesn't mean, there is no work on the requested subject, generally spoken! :)

This depends. There are corner specific and car dependent tools definetly but it doesn't make it less time consuming.

Pretty much yes.

You don't approach a developer with starting a hunt by "grab your pitchforks and torches". That's not respectful. The input itself is appreciated.

Each customer matters of same significance and input by the community is very appreciated when being constructive. But do it in a mostly levelheaded and decent way please, that would make things so much more lovely and harmonic! :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. nemesis

nemesis Member

Bloody heck! And there’s me just worrying about the TT times showing on the pre race screen.
    The game’s beautiful and I’ve never touched anything else since early access I really feel inside the simulation of ams2 and not in a rig in my room, I find myself lost in the moments and forget about everything in the real world.
    I don’t care about little niggles of bugs here and there as I know it’s in absolutely capable hands of programmers and developers who can fix it and will fix it.
    It’s like worrying about a world war it doesn’t matter what you say if it’s gonna happen it will happen regardless if you invested 10million into the planet to suit your needs and desires.
    Enjoy what you have and be thankful without stressing

peace ✌️

• Like Like x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the problem is when you start trying to tell the boss how to do their job, and to fire people because you think you can do a better job , you are going to far.

like I said beating on pans to get attention doesn’t do anyone any favours, and if you have a customer in your store making a racus, then you have to be strong willed to deal with it, as the rest of the store is full of content customers just going about the business.

would it not be better for all , if it was just dealt with off the shop floor…. Yes it would.

but when you already have someone standing in the middle of the store standing on a soapbox smashing pans , what you going to do ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 10
  6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Welcome to content creators Drama microscope.

My personal opinion switch /on

I thinks the all the creator moviment is imploding.

Drama for every tiny detail for the patetic goal of sum some likes and views. The shorts invasion on youtube is the final nail.

Is like people put much attention to nothing, to thing that nobody care of.

Is too much content out there, there is no more space, saturation in every picky/tikly detail.

I'm in woodworking and music, and jesus, how many glue videos you can see? Ho many riff top ten?
    A glue riff competition? Put nail in a guitar?

I feel i'm wasting my time, better, i feel robbed of my right to decide when i can stop to see this ****.
    Yeah, 99% is my fault, all i need is tap the off button.
    But you can see that content creator moviment novaday exist only to reach some ads deal with some obscure business model.

How heck the world population trasformed in a bunch of Karen? When? How we screwed so much that "capitalism" ruined all so fast? Social is like an infinite Discovery channel program. To sad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Ahh, level-headedness ... that's what things you're not passionate about are for. :D Like, if I didn't enjoy driving this game so much, I would be far less annoyed about its potential being hindered by inconsistent AI (or by obnoxious controller settings which just won't save), or by whatever is currently bothering me about it.

That said, whoever comes here to vent shouldn't be surprised or insulted if you guys on the other side do some venting of your own, too (and I explicitly include myself in that) ^^

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't we just chill? Crack open a cold one, and have some fun with AMS 2. I know the world is exploding, with WW3 coming, Covid probably become a seasonal thing, and GPU prices still rising. Don't focus your anger and sadness on a developer or a game. Be constructive, but never be a Meme.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Andrex

Andrex New Member

Great Update!
    The AI is much improved and dive bombing seems to be gone. I drove with the IndyCar Gen3 and Porsche GT3 on Road America, a 7 Lap Race, it was a real pleasure to Race against the AI, great work.
    The car handling is amazing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not a big fan of Formula cars, but I'm in love with the F-Retro G3. Very fun to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a bit of a shame to see all that discussions and "pitchforks" after all that good stuff reiza has given us as customers the last few months.
    For sure, mistakes have been made, but the direction the sim is going is very promising and the count and quality of the newest content is great.

despite the no-collision-barriers the new f-usa and RA are really great to drive, especially the FFB on this new car is on a very high level, especially compared to some of the older / initial content. a sim featuring those kind of content really fits in it's own niche. hope it sells well enough for that project to live far longer.

One thing, I'm still not understanding after doing an online race 2 weeks ago are the user profiles with the possibility to give a real name, as this isn't shown on online lobbies as far as I can see. Is this intended to be introduced in the future? for me it's much more believable to drive against someone with a realname instead of gamertagxx.
    Other thing is, as I've tried out the 98er Indycars online, the netcode was not great with those cars. Not sure if it was something specific with the server we drove on that night or the location the server stood (think it is a GB located server, while I'm located in germany) was not helpful for me. Saw quite a few jumping cars or cars hard to predict where they move too. With those guys I drove I can remember having good races in the past, which were working far better, could even do some close wheel to wheel battle without any issues but those were with much slower cars like ginetta cup or porsche cup.
    I know, for now, online / multiplayer is not the main focus of AMS2, but still looking forward if it maybe gets looked at in the future, as I think there is still much potential left.

Other than that, thanks for Road America, one of my absolute favorite tracks out there (only beaten by Road Atlanta) and all the content / improvements delivered or still to come. Still having big hopes on this title for the future

• Like Like x 3
  12. CrimsonEminence

Should be fixed now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes we need to take a step back and imagine what it's like in the end of days . . . like in the movie "Don't Look Up", when the character (played by Leonardo Decaprio) in his last moments says, "We really had it all, didn't we". Too bad we often don't realize it until it's too late.

I don't have to endure the many imperfect aspects of game development, I GET TO, and feel extremely fortunate to do so.

So Thank You, Reiza!

:hurrayreiza:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If this is indeed the case its a shame really.

I never once thought of the forums as a place that was hostile to honest sincere criticism. There are dedicated threads to post bug reports to empower every player to have a voice to help dev resolve issues.

But all to often it degrades to threads like this, and the fact that it is so...repetitive...when there are quieter and more effective resources available.

I hate to see the forums manipulated like this. It takes time from my day, causes unnecessary contentiousness between players and stifles effective development because many who have honest observations get drowned out, or simply change their mind about posting after seeing what is going on.

I like to reference @Tarmac Terrorist as a model example of balancing the role of content creator and fan of AMS2 who raises awareness about bugs and gameplay issues. Yesterday he rolled up his sleeves and did testing work, he created videos so the devs could clearly see what was going on.
    (@Tarmac Terrorist do you have a stream schedule buddy? If so I will post it in my community for anyone who is interested in having a good time and helping the Dev team.)

• Like Like x 16
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Linoslav

Linoslav New Member

And the game became unresponsive, hardly any fps, mouse stops responding.

17. CrimsonEminence

Could you elaborate on that please? Where is it happening for example and are there steps to reproduce?

Btw. it's also most helpful if you could post your hardware specs and OS in your forums signature, makes finding issues easier in some occasions! :)

18. handz

handz New Member

Come on guys forums been a mess for weeks man. It's hard to find posts on ams2 within all this hostility..let's keep it nice...

Anybody kno why steam shows ams2 dlc on sale but when you add to cart it's normal price I am UK based thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to provide some quick feedback after two days of testing the most recent updates.

First off - a SUPER HUGE MEGA HYPER ZAPPA DAPPA SHOOPDEEWHOO THANK YOU to Reiza for the improvements with regards to TrackIR. Being able to use the new head movement method as well as adjusting it without having to switch between normal and VR modes is a big effin' deal for me.
    Head movement still isn't perfect yet (still slightly disorienting to me for some reason) but it's starting to get very, very close. Wow. It's fixes for long-standing issues like that that provide me with so much faith for you guys - since it's typically a lot of effort for something that may not even affect that many people in the first place; but you still do it because you care. :)

Secondly, aside from the new vehicles (which, aside from the new VWs feel like they are probably going to see some more refinement overall, so I won't comment on them yet) I was eager to try the Copa Truck series again today to see if the drivetrain elasticity updates had any effect on their behavior... And oh boy are they transformed now! Just threw all of them for a few quick laps around Brasilia and I was loving every second of it! Seriously, I think the trucks are the best they have ever been right now - including AMS1 and Formula Truck 2013 (although, to be fair, I still miss some of the old models).

What else? Oh, Road America is also really cool. Yesterday it was still lacking night lights, so driving there at night wasn't as much fun (especially without headlights... :oops:), but today I did a quick 10-minute sprint race with DPIs and GTEs at 60x acceleration and it was glorious!
    That being said, I still think that the general aesthetics of lighting - both trackside lights as well as vehicle headlights - feels somehow off and lacks "punch". The light provided generally looks flat and weak, not like high-powered lights at all. IMHO - and this is not meant as "this game is better than that game" - Assetto Corsa Competizione still has some of the best-looking lighting at night in all of sim racing. At least from what I remember, because it has been a looong time since I last booted it up and an even longer time since I did a night race in ACC. It's cool and all that, but whenever I am able to get some use out of my aging G25 and do some sim racing, it's mostly AMS2 that I am drawn to. I wonder why...? ;)

Anyways, keep up the great work gents!

• Like Like x 9
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are stirring thing up here to create drama for your stream followers. Its all evident in your twitch stream where you display pages from this forum and write replies during the stream. Good thing you got banned. Can't fathom a person with such low morals posting here.

• Agree x 9
    • Disagree x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1