1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't set TT-times for the Retro Gen 3 Turbo Also,
    (It seems to give me some extra fps in Time-Trial)

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I take your "Also" as nobody else can launch the Reynard Honda in TT - right?
    So its not only moi :p
    Right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I notice the view shifting toward the turn a bit too early and that feels quite awkward to me, like I'm in VR with head-lag but, only using a flat-screen.

If this is used for drifting, it would be counter to what you want (Look toward the direction of steering).

4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, just like all other cars in AMS2. It's been like this since v1.3, yet $1000 load-cell pedal users go around saying "nothing to see here" as usual. I guess the objective is to partner with Niels Heusinkveld to sell everyone load-cell pedals.

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, seriously thankyou so much! That means alot, especially coming from you! I flatout don't know what to say. You are always on point with updates, setups and even down to telemetry.
    I always try about be fair with my findings, I liike everyone have invested time and money into this hobby because I love it and the devs give us something that gets us close to an experience most of us will never get to have IRL. So if we identify problems and give feedback Its to help us all, but also, gotta show these talented folks how much we appreciate their talent, passion and work aswell! At the end of the day, we're all up for a bloody good time, so any little thing we can do to make that happen, yeah im up for that. So, I don't have a shedule, but you know what make, im gunna come up with one and let you know! Cheers mate! Much appreciated!

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh mate, im overwhelmed! I will certainly endevour to do more streaming, been a while and after Steelreserv's suggestiong, well I just gotta now aint I, thanks for the puch man, I needed it! P.S. I've met that fella waving at me btw. He is fecking tall! Especially next to a little hobbit like me:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Well, its taken 8 hours of stuff going wrong, and loads of footage being thrown out due to wrong video settings, sound not getting recorded and stupid mistakes, but I finally got a proper video done rather than just filing bug reports and I gotta say, bugger me theres some great stuff in this update!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No problems here and I do not have 1000$ brakes.
    You might want to try and redo your pedal calibration.

9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Is only with those particular gen3 cars, the others are fine as usual

10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Me, a pad user, didn't notice anything problematic as well. Could you clarify?

11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m a bit confused on the TrackIR changes. I’d given up on it prior(too bouncy). We now have the various g-forces in both helmet and cockpit cameras which is great to tune it. I use only cockpit camera. However, is TrackIR still limited to only helmet camera? I couldn’t get it working otherwise.

12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, I didn't notice any difference at trackIR compared to before. If you have the right settings for TrackIR, it is very cool to drive with it on a 32:9 screen.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

TrackIR will still activate only in helmet cam but cockpit and helmet cam are using the same G-Force and head movement features now (you can still set seperate FOV though), also you can set up your camera now without the game locking all settings to 0 with TrackIR while settings from non-VR launch still apply (and requiring to set cam options in non VR-Launch, which was highly annoying of course) and the possibility to switch legacy or non-legacy mode is also given now. It's a quality of life improvement basically.

The 3 separate G-Force sliders were introduced to give the possibility to fine tune the camera further or fully eliminate G-Force effects. Before that introduction, longitudinal G-Forces had a very high multi while the others weren't applying really and additionally Cockpit cam wasn't using them at all.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any news about this, attached a screenshot of the november development update, where Renato mentioned a dedicated thread about the ranked multiplayer system, and also the arrival of organized scheduled races in the not so distant future.

We are now more then 2 months ahead, things have been pretty quiet about this subject, i cant find that dedicated thread, maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

I would like to know if there is anything known about the scheduled races? Not so distant future to me means in a month or two, but it seems to be forgotten, or is this just another thing thats being delayed?

Is there any chance of a dev blog coming anytime soon? I would like to know, since the year started with a delayed patch, if we can still expect the much anticipated historic spa track, or if it means more will be delayed?

It would be nice to get some form of information/ communication about these things without needing to ask on the forum everytime.

Also just a heads up, the season pass store page still mentions nothing about historic spa being delayed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What are the right settings please?

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sorry mate can you explain me why?
    Cockpit cam shouldn't work as the helmet but should work as the other car cams, it is used to have a clear view of car interior without a lot of G-force involved except the lock to horizon options or the car shakes (I am ok with the cockpit cam changes useful only for banked tracks).
    On the other hand the helmet cam is fine and I can use it as alternative to the new cockpit cam just disabling the helmet overlay.
    So why helmet and cockpit cams are basically the same?
    Hope it makes sense :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Deleted. Point previously made by other users.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  18. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most importantly, the profile has no curves, especially in the middle , to avoid the magnetic effect. My profile in TrackIR is a straight line.

19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK I think I get what you mean.
    But I just thought that in RL approaching a corner at speed you turn your head into the corner (IE into the corners direction) BEFORE you reach the corner.
    Right?
    And after your description of the new Look to Apex it sounds like this BEFORE feature does just that.

Yeah sorry. I could just try it out myself. Hehe but Im just working on my lacking racecraft at Road America :D

• Like Like x 1