1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

@Kuku Maddog Good work with your rFuktor 5.0.1 Alt Scrub file, I really like it! For a long time now I've been using your Delta-S Evo (Primary scrub Plus) file and made many new world records with it in AMS2 Time Trial. :)

Today I did another new world record, this time in Nurburgring GP with the McLaren MP4/12 car, I was using your rFuktor 5.0.1 Alt Scrub file when I made that world record.

Your tune of the rFuktor 5.0.1 Alt Scrub file is now the file I prefer over anything else. :) I tried to go back to my old favourite, the Delta-S Evo (Primary scrub Plus) file but now I don't like it anymore after I've driven with the rFuktor 5.0.1 Alt Scrub file. :D

I have modified the file just a bit so it suits better for my SC2 Sport wheelbase (I hope you don't mind if I upload it here).

http://www.dropbox.com/s/hzib1xd2a2...ing_gp_tumi_world_record_05-02-22_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/qco02yqk9h...orld_record_05-02-22_sector_times_1.png?raw=1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

If you don't mind, may I ask what was modified? I use a Sport as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m not sure sure perfection is achievable lol, but finding the best compromise overall is .

in regards to fwd cars, I assume your describing the on of throttle lash which comes through as a bit of a knock ?
    It’s something the JCW mini is most prominent with, and must be the combination of the on off throttle feel in the new files and the drive chain elasticity in the physics now.
    Usually I’d run acceleration feel off when using this car as it helps smooth it out.
    But then I think you already know that as you keep it off in your tune. but it may help others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kuku Maddog

Nice stuff Tumi

each file system has different strength and weaknesses, i think it’s fair to say the the 4.6 caster feel set up shines with feeling the front tyre through the turn, so really good for slower cars that you might be sliding and drifting around turns as it gives amazing counter steering feel.
    the 5.0 onwards does a better job of lateral loading and balance between front and rear and i feel it’s better for the majority of high speed cars that you are just trying to keep at a low slip angle.
    Just my opinion anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

It will never be perfect but as close as possible. For me it is a compromise for all cars and all drives of the cars. A FWD car will pull straight when accelerating out of a corner. Change the value once front_drive_torque_feel to 2. Now compare a FWD (Puma) . It's nice to share the settings with you

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hardly anything was modified by me. I just changed a few minor things that affects the feel of the center area of steering/weight of the wheel and the wheel's self alignment.

I tweaked some values in three lines only in the file - "lfb_slider_strength", "center_full" and "centering". I left the rest untouched. If you're curious about the exact value changes, you can compare the values yourself between Kuku's file and the file I uploaded in my previous post.

Also I made the same tweak as @Danielkart and changed the "dt" value to 0.004 - (dt 0.00444444444444444)) as it feels slightly smoother for me (most people propably won't feel any difference).

As I said, my modifications are only minor tweaks and are nothing more than just a personal preference. In my opinion these tweaks works and feels just fine for me but Kuku's 5.0.1 Alt Scrub file also feels good as it is right now. For a reminder, these are definitely not mandatory tweaks, just my own personal preference. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kuku Maddog

I need to try this out, I haven’t done so as keep forgetting, and you know …it’s another restart

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danielkart

0.004000... there is minimally less vibration. My last file is again with 0.00333... because I changed other values. But you can't go wrong with 0.00400.. either

9. Kuku Maddog

I’ve just been trying it out, and initial thought was it didn’t really feel right with my tune, but then I tried @tUMi ‘s file with his other changes and it felt much better, and then added in some of your suggestions with positive results.

so now I’m getting a little carried away, and looking at an amalgamation between the best bits of all three tunes of 5.0.1 with a little middle ground comprising and it’s progress is very pleasing so far.
    It’s quite exciting..:D

• Like Like x 8
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Just tested this one out and indeed it feels great. Thanks for posting. :D

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

dt 0.00444 and my belt-driven wheel became lifeless, even with Gain 100
    dt 0.00333 mild too but acceptable
    So I've concluded o_O dt is a divider to reduce vibrations, the higher its value, less vibration.
    dt 0.000333 and it heavily oscilates everywhere
    dt 0.001 is the best compromise to my TM TX with Gain 100

Tested with 5.01 Danielkart and tUMi versions

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Do you think this file would suit a 20nm Simplicity direct drive wheel base ?

13. Danielkart

Yes it's quite exciting

14. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for sharing your files! I’m exited to try them with my SC2 Pro. Quick question: What are your settings in True Drive?

• Like Like x 1
  15. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

My settings in True Drive can be seen in screenshots below:

http://www.dropbox.com/s/xumclzn16w..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_1.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/4afnwkscb5..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_2.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/wna5ieajl6..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_3.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/8ird2y2pss..._15-08-21_ffb_settings_true_drive_4.png?raw=1

Alternatively you can look for my online profile from True Drive Paddock which is propably the easiest way to access my True Drive settings (named "AMS2 Silver Raw rFuktor 5.0.1 Kuku tune SC2 Sport" in True Drive Paddock).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

With a TS-XW and rFuktor 4.6 I used:

Gain 75
    LFB 40
    FX 45
    Damping 45
    Menu Spring (Power Steering) 40

That was with 75/100/100/100/100 in TM Control Panel and without boost. Also made the adjustments to kerb_bump_scale and scrub scale mentioned for CSW 2.5

So I would try more LFB, more FX, keep LFB & FX within 5 or 10 of each other and less Damping.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Danielkart

Hello Karsten
    Information for everyone
    I think the dt value is extremely different, also with the dd wheels. So i find 0.000...to 0.0033333... more helpful

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

ok , so here's is the first attempt at the best all-rounder or X-over 5.0.1 tune.
    with great influence and inspiration from fellow 5.0.1 fans @tUMi and @Danielkart .

I think it finds good middle ground and should suit most out of the box, but there's some things that can be altered easily in file if need be , including different (dt )

Lets see how it goes.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Danielkart

Hey Kuku
    Good idea with allrounder file. Since different bases should be good. But i think we should be more specific for dd basen. My file is exactly matched to the dd1. Maybe you can also create a specific file for your alpha. And tUMi for his Simucube. I find otherwise it becomes very confusing. It should be as easy as possible for people, but too many files creates chaos.
    beautiful day Daniel

20. Danielkart

My goal was to have a very good ffb for all cars and engines. The only thing I change is gain in the base (60-70% according to personal taste) , that's it