1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They're not the same. The helmet cam lets you add an ugly visor graphic on top that restricts your vision way more than wearing an actual helmet. Also, the look left/right option in helmet cam is much slower than in cockpit cam to the point of being useless. So it's mainly useful now if you want to make sim racing way harder than actual racing by restricting your vision and making your neck stiff for some reason (I guess it's a HANS simulation). :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I also never use this because I use a triple screen setup and I can look at the apax myself. Turning this feature on feels very unnatural to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the value of the helmet cam aside from forces was the use of TrackIR or VR if you choose. I remove the helmet overlay as others mentioned and use my head to look right or left which is instant unlike button mapping in this view Azaris mentioned.
    It was a major headache to switch from TrackIR to cockpit view since all or most of the head/world movement settings needed changing. In theory now that goes away.
    I need to test since I like TrackIR (single ultra wide screen 21:9) over my VR due to motion sickness.
    I believe this means while very much alike they are not quite the same. IF I got Crimson right.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

If you come up with your own definition of what a not-so distant future is and run with it, then you can´t be surprised everything seems delayed to you :)

The last dev update was posted less than 40 days ago - since then we´ve taken our holiday break, returned, delivered a major game update less than a week ago; some in the team including myself got COVID and recovered within that timespan; I´m currently enjoying my honeymoon but I still can´t help myself from checking the forum to see what someone is up in arms about now :p

Perception of motion relies on the observer - widen your gaze a bit and things may appear to happen faster without you needing to ask about it ;)

• Like x 24
    • Winner x 13
    • Friendly x 12
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I'm pondering re-installing the game after having been disappointed with the 1.3.1.x.
    A-B testing of the previous 1.3 with 1.3.1 sent the FFB, physics and overall grip backwards for me. I only found a couple of others on the forum experiencing the same so I'm left feeling frustrated...

I just came across mention of a start flag of -ffb 600 but it's probably too late to test that? And I don't see any input from the developers on whether or not it was a genuine and recognised issue > fix. I doubt it was the fix for my own issues with lacking overall grip. More likely I'd be told 'Settings/setup etc' - the usual spiel.
    Shame as 1.3 felt 'Good', and was a marked improvement IMO.

Is there anybody that feels there's been an improvement on the current version akin to how the 1.3 felt, or perhaps (Hopefully) even better?

Anyway. I'd be highly interested in testing the clutch coding as I was known for being extremely aggressive on them. The overall wear rates, and temperature windows will be interesting...especially the former for me.

But...It's not inspiring, disappointing in fact to come across another post such as this when the game is still in development and open to change with, and I stress with...help from the community:
    Similar was said 6 months ago Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update:

I certainly don't enjoy being frustrated, but by posts like this I'm left feeling aggrieved after spending £200 quid (Two copies) on AMS2.
    Whether people have frustrations with the game and voice them with limited impetus, OR voice them more impetuously...It's just not a professional way for a sales outlet to respond.

Should I (And others) who've bought the game and feel somewhat frustrated at certain aspects, do as hinted at above and fade away? Or should we continue striving to want a better game for all by expressing our problems through what is, our own time spent coming across and reporting issues?
    Even if voicing them loudly, they are still being brought to attention.

I can understand that the devs will without question feel 'attacked' a lot of the time, but that's where professional public relations should come in to play. Just something I hope the team consider. :)
    /End_Constructive_Criticism. < Should I really need to emphasise that?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That used to happen with PC1 and PC2. After many udpates and usually major ones a few would be left with completely different games. It happened to me a few times. Most of the guys in the forum are saying how great it was and im saying its crap. lol Unfortunately a fresh install was the only way to fix it. Not saying it will for sure but it wasnt uncommon to have to do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, then it might be handy to not mention something that leaves a large room for interpretation, i think you can expect people to start asking questions at some stage.

To me this shows that apparently someone needs to ask before more info gets spread, while if some info gets posted upfront, it would create a bit more understanding, i hope you can see my point in this.

This makes me wonder how wide the gaze has to be for people that bought for example the Spa DLC especially for the historic version.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry that you're experiencing the notorious "lack of grip" bug. But for me, the cars in AMS2 have never driven better than this.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On practical side, did you make sure to cancel all setups and reset to default all the cars from the list? That could be an explanation for some of your issues?
    I also had situations like yours in the past and re-installing the sim fixed them.

Regarding criticism I honestly think this forum has always been pretty much open, almost wild at times allowing everyone to voice their opinions (in favor or against what was being done on the sim by the devs).
    However, just be very clear, it is quite shameful to come every end of the month with nothing else but provocative aggression to all small things, many of which the devs already explained or acknowledged more than once. Once devs have told you how the things are going to proceed there isn't much more to add: if that business model of a WIP with bland deadlines hurts your feelings or make you feel like you are disrespected as a customer, given that devs can't change their overall plans, you are left with either choosing not to buy DLCs until they are completed or just move on to another sim where this stuff is not happening (good luck with this).
    And on top of that, to bring along the "mob" from your discord channel to reinforce your point in the attempt to hijack the entire conversation for the purpose of being recognized as a streamer by the devs or be allowed into the Beta side of things is frankly unacceptable IMHO.
    Your criticism/frustration has never crossed that line, someone else's did and I think the vast majority dislikes that.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

It sounds like you where having similar issues to me. To get straight to the point. I found turning all G-Force effects to zero, plus turning Helmet Look To Apex off, worked for me. All other settings at default. Without a direct comparison with the previous patch settings I can’t say if it’s like for like. But it feels good to me. If you turn any other movement settings lower/off, the car feels very stiff, and lifeless.

Edit: I went back and tried everything at default other than Helmet Look To Apex. I think I can get used to this. It’s the look to apex setting that was screwing everything up.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Happy Honeymoon and Congratulations!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Indeed, it is a lottery. Sometimes it's a loss, and thankfully sometimes a win. Even when born out of a previous loss.:cool:

That's great to hear, I'll possibly reinstall pending more input when I have chance and feel better health wise.
    And just to make the point. I always compare to my real life experience, I always refer to 'Realism' or a level of how 'Realistic' things are. Never 'sim' to 'sim'.

Regards setups, yeah of course mate. :) Pretty much every update. But I'm of the view that an update simply makes things less realistic sometimes. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's to be expected that updates will change things for better/worse, no issue with that. I'm just here discussing that point, and suggesting that it's not always "setup".

My 'feelings' aren't hurt, I'm a grown man. It's all good mate.
    But to feel aggrieved through apparent 'blazé' customer care after purchasing a product, is an acquiescence of the lives we live. And that is what I've felt here. That's all.:)

I'd rather not feel it, I want to enjoy the crap out of AMS2, without feeling like any grievances I have make me a lesser priority customer. I want AMS2 to succeed for the benefit of us all.

As far as discord or streaming to be recognised? I myself have never done such and I haven't noticed anything overly obtrusive on here. Nothing as far as overstepping a 'mark' without having enough of a promotion of AMS2 itself.

I have noticed a little 'Gang mentality' against those with stronger and valid criticisms if anything. And I think many are possibly a little too quick to stress how their grass is green, so anybody else with a differing view is wrong.

The likes of what tarmac terrorist etc post/link to just add to the community, in as far as spreading the word about AMS2 in a genuine manner as far as I can tell. I work very methodically. If somebody says 'X' and I want to know if their experience may ring true, then I validify rather than vilify.

Anyway. I appreciate the input on all fronts, more so as far as the updates and the game itself. I hope it will keep heading in the right direction, I know it can because I've felt it at various points.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ettore

Just for sake of clarity the discord mention wasn't aimed at you, but rather to someone else.
    I personally find your criticism not only respectful but spaced enough in time not to become annoyingly aggressive (like in some other cases) and reasonable alternated with positive inputs.
    It's the combination of aggressive repetitive attacks with unfriendly language, almost hinting at developers scamming consumers, carried out every third day or every month end followed by polls on whether Reiza should allow someone just because he is a streamer into Beta, self promotion, streaming drama and all that, that feels quite out of touch and starts being a little annoying for my personal taste.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ettore

Hope you find back your feeling soon. In my case the problem was a feeling like driving on ice and extreme rear instability. Back then I was using GT1s a lot and from one day to another things got stupid for me.
    So I canceled everything in documents and re-installed and things went back.
    I must admit these gremlins are very annoying, but happened to me one time only. Not enjoyable but not unbearable either to have to reinstall once in 18 months...

16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im absolutely not saying that this delete setups and start again with defaults - are too hysterical.
    Or wrong.
    Because I have often seen it in the upd notes also;)

But quite honestly I have never in my time in AMS2 done that.

A few times I have checked to set a setup back to default just for the fun of it.
    And then input´ed the values from an older setup.
    Comparing the two setups I have never felt any difference that couldnt be explained by placebo.;)
    But furthermore I have never been faster using the new setup compared to the old.

Im saying this because I honestly believe that if this delete setup thing was in any way so urgent as it sounds then I (moi) would both be handicapped in my driving experience but furthermore be extremely slow when I compare myself on the LBs.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Because Cockpit and Helmet worked in a really odd way. Now FOV and 3D Helmet + TrackIR are the difference. It was considered to remove "helmet camera" as a single additional camera, but we decided against it, so there is a slightly alternative cam avaiable.

18. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A good decision at that ! After your response I tested TrackIR in helmet cam and it was flawless. Jumped out of TrackIR without touching my camera settings went to cockpit cam and it was seamless. Outstanding QOL update.
    Thanks for this.

19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats on getting married

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member